Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #14971 of 14978 Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Thank you Sir !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14972 of 14978 Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
I am contemplating selling my 65VT60. Since getting my front projector setup in my master bedroom sitting room about 5 or so months ago that has been my go to for viewing every single night.

My VT60 is used during the day and mostly for cartoons and kids movies. Really thinking about picking up a 64H5000. I almost feel like my VT60 is being underused for it's purpose and my initial reason for buying it which was for the great black levels and night time viewing which right now is getting non of that.

I posted an add a few weeks ago to see the interest in the TV and was offered $2,400 for it. Also got another message recently from someone that was interested. Not sure what I should do.

I keep questioning if I will regret getting rid of my VT60 but then on the other hand I can still get what I consider a decent TV and walk away with some extra money on top of it.

Decisions, decisions.
Very similar thing happened to me when I bought my JVC front projector and made a dedicated theater room. As wonderful of a display the VT60 is, it just wasn't getting used as much and I sold it to a forum member (for less than what you were offered). I replaced it with a more modest Samsung 51" F5300B plasma which is now in the living room and actually pleasantly surpassed my expectations quite a bit. The extra money difference I came away with basically helped pay for the JVC the way I look at. Also, the Samsung plasmas will blow away any LED near their price points.

Last edited by DavidHir; Yesterday at 03:48 PM.
post #14973 of 14978 Old Today, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
Very similar thing happened to me when I bought my JVC front projector and made a dedicated theater room. As wonderful of a display the VT60 is, it just wasn't getting used as much and I sold it to a forum member (for less than what you were offered). I replaced it with a more modest Samsung 51" F5300B plasma which is now in the living room and actually pleasantly surpassed my expectations quite a bit. The extra money difference I came away with basically helped pay for the JVC the way I look at. Also, the Samsung plasmas will blow away any LED near their price points.
Yup, that is pretty much my situation. Use the extra money to cover the projector cost.

For some strange reason the Vizio P series 65" or 70" has gotten my attention although that would negate using the extra money to pay for my projector and it would practically be a even swap.

I think I am giving the Vizio more credit then it's deserves. In my head I have it looking good and large but in real life or has to suck, right? I do like the idea of owning a 4K TV even though there is no content to support it yet. I think it comes down to the pq of the TV though no matter the resolution.

The P series has been released and people started getting them but will wait for some reviews before coming up with my own conclusions.

I can't imagine purchasing another LED and know if I got that thing in my home I am going to hate it. Would love to try it in my home though before selling my VT60.

The 64H5000 has me very interested as well and would be the better purchase financially for my reason for selling the VT60 as well as offering the better pq I am sure.
post #14974 of 14978 Old Today, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 400
With how good the projectors are looking these days, it really makes me wish I could swing one with the space I have available.
post #14975 of 14978 Old Today, 03:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
With how good the projectors are looking these days, it really makes me wish I could swing one with the space I have available.
There are definitely a variety of nice options out there. I took my home office/computer room and turned it into this (sorry to get off-topic for VT60 owners).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	room.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	268570  
mo949 likes this.

post #14976 of 14978 Old Today, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 400
wow

nice big improvement from the vt60 you got there!

I'm waiting on the invention that lets me have the screen rise out of the floor where the screen roll is hidden so that I can actually hide it in plain sight, then hit the remote for the lights, sound, screen, and projector and voila - pure heaven in the living room
post #14977 of 14978 Old Today, 04:58 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennie View Post
Hi!

I just bought a 65vt60 (one of the last ones here in The Netherlands i think), the image is just great. But when I'm watching movies (also full Blu rays), i'm having these gradient banding when an image goes from bright to dark (gradiently? :P). This was also on the vt50 i owned very shortly. I'm using purely my HTPC as a source.

Could it mean it's the source, or is this normal? (Because my old crappy 50 inch LG plasma did not even have it this bad.
I had some of the same problems when my 65vt60 was new and was really bummed out. However, after about 300 hours the set really improved. In addition, I did a calibration using an i1Display Pro sensor I purchased on e-bay and free HCFR software. That made all the difference. No posterization and fantastic picture.
Oranje boven.
Dave.

Panasonic TCP65VT60
Pioneer Elite VSX-70
Oppo BDP-103
Dish VIP722
AR-91 front speakers
PSB-Image 8C center spkr
Velodyne DLS-5000R subwoofer
Model Six surrounds
Harmony One remote
post #14978 of 14978 Old Today, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Having owned the F8500 for over 6 months now I can say that I am more happy with it than I was with the VT60. The VT60 had better saturation with warmer tones and was slightly darker in an all black screen but I never realized how important brightness is to me until now.

RIP Plasma.

LNT-4665F
T-TULPAUS0-1036, Aug 24 2007
T-TULPAUS5-1011 CS[D652] [46(AMV)-inch]

PS3
XBOX 360
Crappy Sound Reciever
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page