Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 501 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15001 of 15013 Old 09-19-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 496
It may be off("auto") by default, it needs to be in "ON" position

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15002 of 15013 Old 09-19-2014, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
It may be off("auto") by default, it needs to be in "ON" position

ok, I'll check later today. I'm pretty sure it's on though. I think someone recommended going in and doing that after I posted my settings last year, thanks.
post #15003 of 15013 Old 09-19-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
We are very grateful that you've shared your feelings with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy2012 View Post
To be fair - Panasonic guys do troll f8500 threads as well.
I've never owned a Panasonic or Samsung plasma. I do read the related threads, and I do occasionally react to condescension on general principles.
Woobieizer likes this.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15004 of 15013 Old 09-19-2014, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 45
There's a condescension licence in the box.
dianebrat and Wurlitzer-1015 like this.
post #15005 of 15013 Old 09-19-2014, 10:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxo View Post
There's a condescension licence in the box.

Calibration Resources:

post #15006 of 15013 Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm starting to get a fair bit of IR from some PS4 gaming and TV watching now. I had it calibrated about a month ago, so don't want to fiddle with the settings.

post #15007 of 15013 Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 45
A bit off-topic this: for the first time I watched American football on the VT. They show it in the early hours here in the UK and, although I'm not a fan of it, I thought I'd give it a look.

I have to say - what a terrific picture. Lovely colours and motion. If anything, it looks better than what we call football (soccer). But I noticed narrow horizontal letterbox bars. Does anyone know what that is all about? I've not seen sports coverage in anything other than a 16:9 aspect ratio before.
post #15008 of 15013 Old Today, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

All the NFL broadcasts are in full 16:9 to my knowledge, could be something your provider is doing to the broadcast ? I do agree however football is absolutely spectacular on the VT60

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #15009 of 15013 Old Today, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I agree. Football looks great on the VT60, even when there is a lot of ambient light in the room.

I was watching Behind the Candelabra on HBO this weekend. There was a scene where Matt Damon walked in front of some candles, or lights, and I would have sworn I was able to see the flames, or light source, through his head. Is that what people refer to as line bleed? I'm not sure I've ever noticed it before on any other television, plasmas included, but I guess you might notice lots of stuff you've never seen before as the screen size increases.
post #15010 of 15013 Old Today, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
I agree. Football looks great on the VT60, even when there is a lot of ambient light in the room.

I was watching Behind the Candelabra on HBO this weekend. There was a scene where Matt Damon walked in front of some candles, or lights, and I would have sworn I was able to see the flames, or light source, through his head. Is that what people refer to as line bleed? I'm not sure I've ever noticed it before on any other television, plasmas included, but I guess you might notice lots of stuff you've never seen before as the screen size increases.
Yes I have seen it ocassionally with light coming in a window with blinds, not very often but it does rear its head ocassionally.

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #15011 of 15013 Old Today, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygiant75 View Post
Yeah, never had it calibrated and I'm running the CNET settings.

I've run the screen wipe for like 45-60 minutes one time last fall, but never since then. Have also thought about the Disney disc but wasn't sure if that would be a waste of money.

I was going to post again about some other setting I found online. Was wondering if they might be better than the only settings I've been running.
Throw away those settings. Cnet's set had an issue with Magenta so using those will most likely result in an innacurate picture. I don't want to start this debate again but using advanced picture settings copy-and-pasted into your television is a bad idea. Go ahead and download the free AVSHD709 calibration disc (just do a search here) and do the basics: contrast, brightness, sharpness. If you can get your hands on a blue filter or are interested in buying a calibration disc that comes with one ($15-30) you could also set color and tint. Those advanced settings require a trained professional with sophisticated measurement equipment.
chunon likes this.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #15012 of 15013 Old Today, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Throw away those settings. Cnet's set had an issue with Magenta so using those will most likely result in an innacurate picture. I don't want to start this debate again but using advanced picture settings copy-and-pasted into your television is a bad idea. Go ahead and download the free AVSHD709 calibration disc (just do a search here) and do the basics: contrast, brightness, sharpness. If you can get your hands on a blue filter or are interested in buying a calibration disc that comes with one ($15-30) you could also set color and tint. Those advanced settings require a trained professional with sophisticated measurement equipment.
I agree with everything you said except for that last red part.

You can attain a great calibration once you have taken the red pill and engaged in learning and enjoying the calibration process as an amateur.

HTPC/Sony S5100 to Sony HT-CT660 to Panasonic 55" VT60, Sony 32" EX400, Panasonic 50" S60
post #15013 of 15013 Old Today, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I can't afford a trained professional, but I can afford a six pack.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread