Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 504 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15091 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I would check the screw lengths etc make sure they are the same.
Or do yourself a favor if you have the room for it an mount it on the wall.

I used tv's on a stand for years and mounted my first one about 6 years ago. I'd never go back to a TV stand again. I'd rather use that space for my video game consoles and a nice sized center speaker.

Not picking on you for wanting the stand just saying if you can spend the little bit and mount it. If you're not comfortable doing it just pay someone to do it. Well worth the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15092 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacedDuck View Post
Or do yourself a favor if you have the room for it an mount it on the wall.

I used tv's on a stand for years and mounted my first one about 6 years ago. I'd never go back to a TV stand again. I'd rather use that space for my video game consoles and a nice sized center speaker.

Not picking on you for wanting the stand just saying if you can spend the little bit and mount it. If you're not comfortable doing it just pay someone to do it. Well worth the money.
Have to agree there mine is wall mounted and I definitely prefer that

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #15093 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The Disney WOW Pixel flipper will kick in the ABL. You can run it in Vivid mode, but the image will not stay "Vivid". If there is some way to over ride this, I would love to hear it. I have not tried custom settings etc.

I'm also not a fan of wall mounted televisions, so opinions clearly vary. Perhaps it has more to do with my house, and the houses I've visited with wall mounted TV's.
post #15094 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
The Disney WOW Pixel flipper will kick in the ABL. You can run it in Vivid mode, but the image will not stay "Vivid". If there is some way to over ride this, I would love to hear it. I have not tried custom settings etc.

I'm also not a fan of wall mounted televisions, so opinions clearly vary. Perhaps it has more to do with my house, and the houses I've visited with wall mounted TV's.
That recommendation is more about the color temperature in vivid vs the abl limitation I believe. I do agree it depends on how the tv is mounted and what the room aesthetics are.

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #15095 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM

Quote:
That recommendation is more about the color temperature in vivid vs the abl limitation I believe. I do agree it depends on how the tv is mounted and what the room aesthetics are.
Forgive my noob self but what does kick in the ABL mean? I'm confused.
post #15096 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Forgive my noob self but what does kick in the ABL mean? I'm confused.
ABL=Auto Brightness Limiter all plasmas have it to some degree, it protects the power supply from being over taxed. You have seen it on a full white screen when it dims. Vivid mode will cause ABL to activate to some extent when you run the pixel flipper.

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #15097 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Quote:
ABL=Auto Brightness Limiter all plasmas have it to some degree, it protects the power supply from being over taxed. You have seen it on a full white screen when it dims. Vivid mode will cause ABL to activate to some extent when you run the pixel flipper.
So I'll want to turn this off when running this pixel flipper?

I'm not sure I've ever seen this setting.
post #15098 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So I'll want to turn this off when running this pixel flipper?

I'm not sure I've ever seen this setting.
That's because there is no setting, it is not configurable. Just run the pixel flipper as suggested

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #15099 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

Quote:
That's because there is no setting, it is not configurable. Just run the pixel flipper as suggested
Okay will do. It suggests running it for an hour. I'm assuming like you said before it's okay to run it for longer? I don't want to do any damage from running it all night or something.

You'd mentioned as long as its not overheating we're good so hopefully that's the case.
post #15100 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM

Me run WOW Pixel Flipper long time.
post #15101 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^^lol

You should be fine just make sure screen saver is disabled on blu ray player. Do a test run of a couple of hours if that works without incident your good
post #15102 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM

Quote:
^^^^lol

You should be fine just make sure screen saver is disabled on blu ray player. Do a test run of a couple of hours if that works without incident your good
Sounds good, really hoping this method is a bit more intense at fixing IR than the tv's built in side scrolling thing.

Don't want to replace this TV as I love it. Firing up some of the movies on this WOW disc it really shows off the TV's power. Something HDTV doesn't do very much. It looked incredible.
post #15103 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

You may have to invest some time to make a dent in it .
post #15104 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Hi. I know there is a built in cam. How to pop out the cam? Is it automatic to pop out if u 7se it or you can pop it out by pushing? And the camera wont pop out anymore if you press it down.

Ps. Its also a display model and when i checked it using tthe slides there is a lot of logos. Lol mostlt all over the screen. Is tha logos are the IR or burn in? Is there any way they will ve gone and back to no logos at all? And the hours i checked tv has 3150 hour's on it. And it comes only with tv. No stand no remote and everytging. Is it okay to buy it? How much u guys think will be tge cost? They offer me 1350 after taxes including 5yrs warranty. If something happned to the tv they will replace it. Need help here ty.

Last edited by caloyzki; Yesterday at 02:22 PM.
post #15105 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
Hi. I know there is a built in cam. How to pop out the cam? Is it automatic to pop out if u 7se it or you can pop it out by pushing? And the camera wont pop out anymore if you press it down.

Ps. Its also a display model and when i checked it using tthe slides there is a lot of logos. Lol mostlt all over the screen. Is tha logos are the IR or burn in? Is there any way they will ve gone and back to no logos at all? And the hours i checked tv has 3150 hour's on it. And it comes only with tv. No stand no remote and everytging. Is it okay to buy it? How much u guys think will be tge cost? They offer me 1350 after taxes including 5yrs warranty. If something happned to the tv they will replace it. Need help here ty.
Yeah, the logos, and other artifacts you are seeing, are Image Retention. There is really no way to know if it's permanent, in which case it would be considered Burn In. Given the number of hours on the set, I would say the likelihood that everything you are seeing will completely disappear with time is slim.

If their warranty covers burn in, you can always return the set if it does not go away. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would buy it. On the other hand, a lot of IR is rarely visible under normal viewing conditions. If I were still interested in the set, I would try to negotiate a lower price and see what happens.

I believe the camera pops up automatically when you activate the Skype application, but I have actually never tried it on my own VT60's.
post #15106 of 15119 Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Yeah, the logos, and other artifacts you are seeing, are Image Retention. There is really no way to know if it's permanent, in which case it would be considered Burn In. Given the number of hours on the set, I would say the likelihood that everything you are seeing will completely disappear with time is slim.

If their warranty covers burn in, you can always return the set if it does not go away. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would buy it. On the other hand, a lot of IR is rarely visible under normal viewing conditions. If I were still interested in the set, I would try to negotiate a lower price and see what happens.

I believe the camera pops up automatically when you activate the Skype application, but I have actually never tried it on my own VT60's.
Thanks. I alrwady left the store wothout the tv. Very risky to spend 1350 with those kind of problems. And all risky to ke to go back and forth to the store to return i dont have a car. I troed to haggle but they said thats the price that they can give me. So decided not to pushed anymore. Maybe its really not for me.
post #15107 of 15119 Old Today, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Bought a Sanus VLT5 tilting wall mount for my 60VT60 and have been going back and fourth on whether to wall mount or not since this is my first wall mount and scared to death that it'll fall of the wall. The Sanus website indicated that I should wall mount bottom of the TV at 33 3/8", top at 66 1/8", does that sound about right with viewing distance of 10ft?
post #15108 of 15119 Old Today, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Bought a Sanus VLT5 tilting wall mount for my 60VT60 and have been going back and fourth on whether to wall mount or not since this is my first wall mount and scared to death that it'll fall of the wall. The Sanus website indicated that I should wall mount bottom of the TV at 33 3/8", top at 66 1/8", does that sound about right with viewing distance of 10ft?
It does not matter what the distance of the TV is. The most optimal view would be at eye level. If you mount it higher then that just tilt the TV down a little.
post #15109 of 15119 Old Today, 06:36 AM

Ran the Disney WOW disc for a few hours last night and sadly no results yet.

Will try again for an entire night today and see what happens. Starting to feel pretty down as I'm in a tough spot here.

I could live with it and be bothered by seeing the image I see or return the TV and try a different Plasma "Samsung appears to be the only one worth looking at" but I could end up with a worse picture haha.

Damn you Panasonic for leaving the Plasma game.
post #15110 of 15119 Old Today, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
It does not matter what the distance of the TV is. The most optimal view would be at eye level. If you mount it higher then that just tilt the TV down a little.
What he says. I've got my 55VT60 on a Sanus LF228 (which is a BEAST of a mounting arm) and the bottom edge of the screen is at 31" for a 10' viewing distance. It's been perfect for both seated viewing at that distance and across the room in the kitchen area.
post #15111 of 15119 Old Today, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ran the Disney WOW disc for a few hours last night and sadly no results yet.

Will try again for an entire night today and see what happens. Starting to feel pretty down as I'm in a tough spot here.

I could live with it and be bothered by seeing the image I see or return the TV and try a different Plasma "Samsung appears to be the only one worth looking at" but I could end up with a worse picture haha.

Damn you Panasonic for leaving the Plasma game.
You need to run it all night for weeks if it is bad. A few hours here and there not helping does not mean it will not fade over time.

Just make sure your DVD player will continue to run it and not shut it off after a few hours.

How bad is the IR. Do you see it when watching regular content? Can you take picture of it on a white screen? Also, do did you have the pixel orbiter set to auto or on?
post #15112 of 15119 Old Today, 06:48 AM

Quote:
You need to run it all night for weeks if it is bad. A few hours here and there not helping does not mean it will not fade over time.

Just make sure your DVD player will continue to run it and not shut it off after a few hours.

How bad is the IR. Do you see it when watching regular content? Can you take picture of it on a white screen? Also, do did you have the pixel orbiter set to auto or on?
Originally the orbiter was set to on but then with the TV unplugged for about 4 months I think it reset all of the settings as when I noticed the IR it was set to AUTO. On is what it should be set to right?

I only see the image on extremely light screens and a tiny bit on the PS4's blue dashboard.

So if I run the pixel sweep thing built into the TV I see the rectangle where the Destiny HUD would be and the gun etc.

If I watch baseball sometimes when they do an overhead view of the field when the screen is a light green I see it there also.

I've played a few games and never notice it during a game.

I'll do my best to take a photo of the image tonight and post it.
post #15113 of 15119 Old Today, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally the orbiter was set to on but then with the TV unplugged for about 4 months I think it reset all of the settings as when I noticed the IR it was set to AUTO. On is what it should be set to right?

I only see the image on extremely light screens and a tiny bit on the PS4's blue dashboard.

So if I run the pixel sweep thing built into the TV I see the rectangle where the Destiny HUD would be and the gun etc.

If I watch baseball sometimes when they do an overhead view of the field when the screen is a light green I see it there also.

I've played a few games and never notice it during a game.

I'll do my best to take a photo of the image tonight and post it.
Set the pixel orbiter to ON. Some say it does not do nuch but I disagree with that. Even it it only smears IR you would not take notice of it when watching other content. the most noticeable part of IR is the actual edges of the image. If the IR has no edges and you cannot make out exactly what it is it will not be as noticeable to you if that makes sense. Plus I also believe it helps with not leaving anything there to begin with.

My vote is keep it on. You have nothing to lose and all to gain. What setting mode and contrast level do you keep your TV on? Remember that THX mode does not allow you to turn the pixel orbiter on which is why I refuse to use you despite it offering a good picture. To me a clean screen is more important then a THX calibrated setting.
post #15114 of 15119 Old Today, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Set the pixel orbiter to ON. Some say it does not do nuch but I disagree with that. Even it it only smears IR you would not take notice of it when watching other content. the most noticeable part of IR is the actual edges of the image. If the IR has no edges and you cannot make out exactly what it is it will not be as noticeable to you if that makes sense. Plus I also believe it helps with not leaving anything there to begin with.

My vote is keep it on. You have nothing to lose and all to gain. What setting mode and contrast level do you keep your TV on? Remember that THX mode does not allow you to turn the pixel orbiter on which is why I refuse to use you despite it offering a good picture. To me a clean screen is more important then a THX calibrated setting.
I've got the TV set to custom and I think Brightness is at 7 and Contrast at 0?

I'll post those settings today with the photo of what is happening on my screen with IR.
post #15115 of 15119 Old Today, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've got the TV set to custom and I think Brightness is at 7 and Contrast at 0?

I'll post those settings today with the photo of what is happening on my screen with IR.
I hope contrast is not at zero.
post #15116 of 15119 Old Today, 07:34 AM

Quote:
I hope contrast is not at zero.
I may have had that backwards. I think my brightness was set to 0 and is now at 7 because some screens were just too dark when playing games.

My contrast may be at 80.

I followed some settings that I found on this Forum I believe.

What would you recommend?
post #15117 of 15119 Old Today, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
What he says. I've got my 55VT60 on a Sanus LF228 (which is a BEAST of a mounting arm) and the bottom edge of the screen is at 31" for a 10' viewing distance. It's been perfect for both seated viewing at that distance and across the room in the kitchen area.
thanks, the sanus height finder indicates that the center of the 60VT60 would be at 49 3/4", which is a couple inches above eye level. Currently, my 60VT60 is sitting on a BDI TV Stand which is 19" tall, so with stand the bottom of the TV is 23" tall so I have to look a little down but still comfortable.

The back of the panny's where the mounting brackets are attached are pretty sturdy?
post #15118 of 15119 Old Today, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
thanks, the sanus height finder indicates that the center of the 60VT60 would be at 49 3/4", which is a couple inches above eye level. Currently, my 60VT60 is sitting on a BDI TV Stand which is 19" tall, so with stand the bottom of the TV is 23" tall so I have to look a little down but still comfortable.

The back of the panny's where the mounting brackets are attached are pretty sturdy?
If you mean the mounting sockets in the TV itself? Yeah, they're robust enough for the job. Just be sure to use the proper length bolts that come with the mount. The mounts come with a variety of them to allow for variations in TVs. You want to avoid using ones any longer than necessary, otherwise the length could poke in too far and potentially crack the screen. I don't recall which of the batch I used.

The mount itself is bolted directly into wood 2x4 studs with lag bolts (NOT into drywall with anchors). Plenty sturdy that way.

When I first installed the mount I put a fair bit of my own weight on the arm as a test. No creaks or groans from it nor the wall structure. Nor has it shifted downward at all since it was installed. I have it extended about 18" from the wall behind it, so it's always been under some degree of load.

Definitely a for Sanus
post #15119 of 15119 Old Today, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
If you mean the mounting sockets in the TV itself? Yeah, they're robust enough for the job. Just be sure to use the proper length bolts that come with the mount. The mounts come with a variety of them to allow for variations in TVs. You want to avoid using ones any longer than necessary, otherwise the length could poke in too far and potentially crack the screen. I don't recall which of the batch I used.

The mount itself is bolted directly into wood 2x4 studs with lag bolts (NOT into drywall with anchors). Plenty sturdy that way.

When I first installed the mount I put a fair bit of my own weight on the arm as a test. No creaks or groans from it nor the wall structure. Nor has it shifted downward at all since it was installed. I have it extended about 18" from the wall behind it, so it's always been under some degree of load.

Definitely a for Sanus
Good to hear, thanks!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page