Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 506 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15151 of 15159 Old Today, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Harmony 900 and a VT60. Is there any way to program a discrete, single-button push for turning the display off? There's a menu item for it, but I can't find any way to do it other than navigating the menus.

If there's some custom solution for this sort of thing, I'm interested in that as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15152 of 15159 Old Today, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gabito View Post
I have a Harmony 900 and a VT60. Is there any way to program a discrete, single-button push for turning the display off? There's a menu item for it, but I can't find any way to do it other than navigating the menus.

If there's some custom solution for this sort of thing, I'm interested in that as well.
I would ask this question on the Remote Control Area. There are some guys in that forum that know more about remotes than anyone should! Be sure to do a search for Harmony 900 in case the question has been asked before or there's a dedicated thread for that model, like there is for the 880.
post #15153 of 15159 Old Today, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
Im still running the screen wipe. Can i leaved the tv on running the screen wipes for a week? On the bottom right one of the solid burn in logo from bestbuy

I had this type of IR on my GT50 for four months. You can be rid of it, but this isn't a sprint. Its a marathon. Don't try and run it all at once.

This type of IR is from MgO sputter. It takes a very long time to remove.
You may think that running the screen wipe non-stop for a week is beneficial, but you'd be wrong. This type of IR tends to manifest when the display is warming up. This is also the time when best to treat it. The longer you leave the display running, the less effective it is at getting this type of IR. The same is true for treating it.
You will be much better off giving the TV a cool-down period and then hitting it again with the screen wipe as soon as you start up again.

It should also be obvious, but I'll state it anyways, the logo that did the damage, should not grace your TV any time during this treatment period. No matter how long that may be.
post #15154 of 15159 Old Today, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
I had this type of IR on my GT50 for four months. You can be rid of it, but this isn't a sprint. Its a marathon. Don't try and run it all at once.

This type of IR is from MgO sputter. It takes a very long time to remove.
You may think that running the screen wipe non-stop for a week is beneficial, but you'd be wrong. This type of IR tends to manifest when the display is warming up. This is also the time when best to treat it. The longer you leave the display running, the less effective it is at getting this type of IR. The same is true for treating it.
You will be much better off giving the TV a cool-down period and then hitting it again with the screen wipe as soon as you start up again.

It should also be obvious, but I'll state it anyways, the logo that did the damage, should not grace your TV any time during this treatment period. No matter how long that may be.
Hi thanks for the tip. Did the IR from ur gt50 was gone? I will be fine if it will takes time to get rid of it as long as it will be gone soon. I can live with that. Its like how many hours you running ur screen wipe per day? Maybe when this set was on bestbuy display they never run the screen wipe. So im guessing this is the first time the set got the screen wipe. Lol.
And also geek squasld is coming to my home Monday and hopefully they can get the panel replacement. Still hoping for tge best. We'll see.
post #15155 of 15159 Old Today, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Did you use the spacers that were provided by Sanus? Did you have to buy any extra hardware?
When installing a TV on the wall, make sure you following the recommendations in the TV manual for the screws that attach the TV to the mount. If you use screws that are too long, you could short out TV or damage the panel.
post #15156 of 15159 Old Today, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
Hi thanks for the tip. Did the IR from ur gt50 was gone?
Yes, completely gone.
Quote:
Its like how many hours you running ur screen wipe per day?
Nine hours average. Turn on first thing in the morning and immediately start with the wipe, then watching normal TV/movies/gaming in the evening after 6pm. Turn off at midnight, then repeat again next day.

I didn't start off doing it that way. I tried for weeks by running the screen wipe at the end of the evening overnight, then turning everything off in the morning. This had very little effectiveness compared to the above.
post #15157 of 15159 Old Today, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 481
I'm going back to not checking this thread and just enjoying the great picture offered by my VT60. Sorry for the few who are having issues, hopefully mine will last long enough for something comparable and reasonably priced to come into being.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos coming soon and Dolby Surround isn't too shabby either.
post #15158 of 15159 Old Today, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Any good settings you guys can recommend for me? The new vt60 owner! Lol. And also what are the latest firmwares you guys have on your set? Also i don't see any isf 1 and isf 2 on my set. How to activate them? Thanks
post #15159 of 15159 Old Today, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 63
To open the pro modes you have to go to Menu, Setup, then scroll down to the next page and look for ISFccc mode. It's off by default.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page