Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 512 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15331 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is not coming.
Debbie Downer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15332 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is not coming.
i am still hoping here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
I went back and forth on whether to get a low profile or tilting mount but decided on the tilting mount in case in need to reduce glare since my display is next to some large bay windows. The middle of the plasma screen will be at 50" so I doubt I'll need the tilt but wanted to have the option.
i see. i am also decided to go with tilting, the one i have in my living roon is sanus and fixed, and i really like it. but now i will try for my vt60 the tilt for my bedroom. this is what i bought. seems like it has a good reviews at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Cheetah-APTMM2...cheetah+mounts

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
post #15333 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
In a tight bind and I'm so unsure if i want to sell my 60"VT right now. I would be so sad to let it go. i bought it for 1200 brand new (open item best buy). and have a offer at 1600. but Idk what to do..
post #15334 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
i am still hoping here

i see. i am also decided to go with tilting, the one i have in my living roon is sanus and fixed, and i really like it. but now i will try for my vt60 the tilt for my bedroom. this is what i bought. seems like it has a good reviews at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Cheetah-APTMM2...cheetah+mounts
Looks like a good mount. Your 60VT60 is in your bedroom?
post #15335 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Looks like a good mount. Your 60VT60 is in your bedroom?
I hope its good. Lol. I just ordered one. Yes my VT60 is in my bedroom. Im only using it just pure bluray movies only.

Ps: anyone of you guys here not using ur VT60 60" stand that you want to sell? Let me know. Thanks
post #15336 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I hope its good. Lol. I just ordered one. Yes my VT60 is in my bedroom. Im only using it just pure bluray movies only.
Wow, you must have a big bedroom. Today, I bought my wife a 40" Panasonic LED for the bedroom so that she can watch "her reality shows" and netflix.
post #15337 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Wow, you must have a big bedroom. Today, I bought my wife a 40" Panasonic LED for the bedroom so that she can watch "her reality shows" and netflix.
Lol.its not big. You know new york apartment. Only reason i put it on bedroom because my 5 yr old son always watch cartoons with logo 24/7. Lol. And i put my LG LED 55LM7600 at the living room. For his cartoons.
post #15338 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Lol.its not big. You know new york apartment. Only reason i put it on bedroom because my 5 yr old son always watch cartoons with logo 24/7. Lol. And i put my LG LED 55LM7600 at the living room. For his cartoons.
Good move.
caloyzki likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Sony BDP-S5100
Elite PRO-101FD
post #15339 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Update

i decided to returned my purchased VT60 60" floor model from bestbuy. and also i have a friend who are moving to a new apartment and she has the VT60 60" that she wouldn't want to carry to her new apartment. it includes all accessories, 1 year old with her, and im not sure if it has some BI/IR on her set. im coming this monday to look and check for the TV. she didnt say how much she would sell it to me. How much do you guys think is the best offer or decent offer i can offer her? thanks a lot.

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Denon 2112CI
post #15340 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Update

i decided to returned my purchased VT60 60" floor model from bestbuy. and also i have a friend who are moving to a new apartment and she has the VT60 60" that she wouldn't want to carry to her new apartment. it includes all accessories, 1 year old with her, and im not sure if it has some BI/IR on her set. im coming this monday to look and check for the TV. she didnt say how much she would sell it to me. How much do you guys think is the best offer or decent offer i can offer her? thanks a lot.
You gotta love women..., the VT60 just doesn't work in the new place! Probably the wrong color. I'd pay a fair price if it doesn't have IR and tell her she can visit any time she misses it. Just bring the wine!
post #15341 of 15360 Old 10-16-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
You gotta love women..., the VT60 just doesn't work in the new place! Probably the wrong color. I'd pay a fair price if it doesn't have IR and tell her she can visit any time she misses it. Just bring the wine!
lol. so how much would be the fair price?

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Denon 2112CI
post #15342 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mounting my vt60 today and concerned that the power cord my not be long enough to reach my power conditioner. Is the an additional industrial power cord I can attach to it so that it reaches? Suggestions?
post #15343 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Mounting my vt60 today and concerned that the power cord my not be long enough to reach my power conditioner. Is the an additional industrial power cord I can attach to it so that it reaches? Suggestions?
Ran into the same problem when I mounted a TV over fireplace a couple of years ago and didn't have an electrical plug behind the TV. I purchased from either HD or Lowes a heavy extension cord rated to handle the load. Worked out better since it was white instead of black. Used that setup on two different TVs and never had a problem.
post #15344 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ran into the same problem when I mounted a TV over fireplace a couple of years ago and didn't have an electrical plug behind the TV. I purchased from either HD or Lowes a heavy extension cord rated to handle the load. Worked out better since it was white instead of black. Used that setup on two different TVs and never had a problem.

Thanks, do you remember the rating?
post #15345 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
A 55" TV for $3K-$4K, no thanks. You can keep it. I would take a 65" plasma for half the price any day of the week. As a matter of fact, I would take a 65" plasma over a 55" OLED even if they were the same price.

Infinite black's don't make a small TV look any larger. Would definitely sacrifice black's for size, especially when you consider how good the VTs, ZTs and F8500's are.
Quote:
Yup, everyone is different. My viewing of choice is my 100" front projector over my VT60. No matter how good the picture on the VT60 is, to me the experience of watching something on a big screen outweighs black levels and contrast. It was the reason I was initially selling my VT60 since everything we now view at night is on the projector.

Does the VT60 have better pq, it sure does but watching something with great color accuracy, great motion, a clean sharp picture with a very cinematic feel on a 100" screen from 9.5" feet away is a whole other experience. Cost of the projector, $700.

Now thinking to spend $3-$4K on a 55" TV, the thought would never even cross my mind. I would probably even go with a 70" - 75" LED before doing that.

If I was wealthy, and needed a TV, I would most definitely by a 4K OLED 65" or larger to have in my home but those are a little out of my budget.
Lol, sorry for the delayed reply.

But this is fine. You're obviously NOT the type of person who should have ever bought the VT60 to begin with. This tv isn't really for people who just prefer size over all else, which is clearly the category you fall into.

For someone who likes to see deep deep blacks, and see fine detail in the images that is lost on screens/projectors with worse contrast ratios, then between the choice of spending $2k on a used 60" plasma or $3k on a new better PQ 55" OLED, the choice isn't really that hard imo.

My comments were directed at the idea that the Plasma's should sell used for near to what they went new, and how I disagree with that logic.

For me personally I don't always want bigger. Everything at first seems cool on a huge screen, but then after a while it adds strain imo. Gaming on a huge screen is one of my least favorite things. I thought it would be soo cool, but when it covers such a large angle of view it makes it harder to see everything and slows down my reactions as I'm physically looking around the screen for stuff instead of being able to focus on one area and see everything.

That's just one example, I also don't want to watch HIMYM on a huge screen, 60" is almost too big of a screen for me for most everyday tv programming.

If I had it my way right now I'd have that 55" OLED (4k is just stupid, i don't care about it), and then a JVC projector with a screen inovations motorized acoustically transparent screen that I could lower in front of the tv/speakers.
post #15346 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1130 View Post
Lol, sorry for the delayed reply.

But this is fine. You're obviously NOT the type of person who should have ever bought the VT60 to begin with. This tv isn't really for people who just prefer size over all else, which is clearly the category you fall into.

For someone who likes to see deep deep blacks, and see fine detail in the images that is lost on screens/projectors with worse contrast ratios, then between the choice of spending $2k on a used 60" plasma or $3k on a new better PQ 55" OLED, the choice isn't really that hard imo.
So because I prefer a 65" VT60 over a 55" OLED I should not of bought a VT60? You kidding me? I am OK with the crappy black levels of my VT60 at 65" over the great black levels of a 55" OLED. I apprecitate blacks but not at the expense of size. There is a difference.

If OLED was only made in 42" would you also purchase that over a 65VT60 if they were the same price? Or does the size you are ok with dictate what size is ok for everyone else as well?

I don't need OLED. If they just continued making plasma's in larger sizes and 4K all other tech could dissapear as far as I am concerned. To me, plasma acheives a level of greatness. Do I lose sleep if a pure black screen has a little bit of glow to it, I do not but maybe you do.

As far as projectors, it is a different experience. People don't go to the movies to enjoy the wonderful black levels of a theater becuase they suck but they go because watching a movie on a screen that size is not like watching a movie in your home on a 55" TV no matter how good the black levels are.

Thanks for your insight though, next time I will consult you on my next TV purchase so you can tell me what is good for me.
post #15347 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Around and around we go. Until you've seen one (OLED) in its optimum proper viewing environment, it's generally good to withhold judgement about your estimation of its primary PQ benefit until such time that you get the opportunity.
post #15348 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vultur View Post
Around and around we go. Until you've seen one (OLED) in its optimum proper viewing environment, it's generally good to withhold judgement about your estimation of its primary PQ benefit until such time that you get the opportunity.
I never said OLED does not have great PQ, nor would anyone argue that but I would not buy a 55" TV and watch it from 10-11 feet because of the great contrast and black levels when I can watch something that is 65 inches like the VT60 which I would not catogorize as a crappy picture with poor black levels.Of course if we were comparing a 65" plasma to a 65" OLED it would be an easy pic. Some people would take better blacks and a smaller picture and others would prefer very good blacks and a larger size TV. Is anyone really wrong here? Would I tell someone if they would not take a 55" OLED over a 65" VT60 then you are not someone who should by a VT60?If you enjoy watching a front projector on a 100" screen, then you should not own a VT60? Would you care to share what TV I should own then because I am obviously uneducated and need help with my purchases.
post #15349 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 10:04 AM

So hostile. I am not making buying suggestions. Forget size differentials. My only contention with what you've stated is that you would be fine with plasma as its current level of progress in perpetuity, without apparently having even witnessed what an OLED can do for the viewing experience. This paragraph in particular:

Quote:
I don't need OLED. If they just continued making plasma's in larger sizes and 4K all other tech could dissapear as far as I am concerned. To me, plasma acheives a level of greatness. Do I lose sleep if a pure black screen has a little bit of glow to it, I do not but maybe you do.
This downplays what an undefined CR can bring to the viewing equation. It's what gets folks excited about OLED. Your own lackluster LCD experience should at least get you pining for one of these at a size that would satisfy your desires since plasma is sadly a dead end. Another point not mentioned is it has the capability of being suitable in both higher ambient light viewing and controlled lighting. Again, the dismissiveness in the above quote is my only contention.

Last edited by vultur; 10-17-2014 at 10:13 AM.
post #15350 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vultur View Post
So hostile. I am not making buying suggestions. Forget size differentials. My only contention with what you've stated is that you would be fine with plasma as its current level of progress in perpetuity, without apparently having even witnessed what an OLED can do for the viewing experience. This paragraph in particular:

This downplays what an undefined CR can bring to the viewing equation. It's what gets folks excited about OLED. Your own lackluster LCD experience should at least get you pining for one of these at a size that would satisfy your desires since plasma is sadly a dead end.
Of course I would love to see OLED in large affordable sizes where plasma's never made it past 65" commercially and I am not arguing that OLED takes things to another level, but I am saying that plasma's have gotten so good that if we did not know about OLED I would be more then content watching a plasma in the future in larger sizes and 4K. I can't say that about LED. LEDs still have a ways to go were I would say I am happy with one all around.
post #15351 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 10:17 AM

That works for me...I started with plasma in the late 2000s at the high end so I guess I'm more anxious for the next level.
post #15352 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
OLED will be a distant memory when the new Panny 900 hits the streets.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #15353 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 10:28 AM

Riiight. What are we basing this on, another manufacturer demo not too dissimilar to the one where the ZT60 was intentionally hampered to look inferior to the AX800? It's past time to stop putting Band-Aids on that zombie (LCD).

Last edited by vultur; 10-17-2014 at 10:32 AM.
post #15354 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks, do you remember the rating?
No. Don't use it anymore. Check the manual for your set's wattage and amps and get something that exceeds what the manual has listed.

The one I got was a heavy 3 plug extention cord. Much heavier than a typical lamp extension cord. Similar to this one that is rated for 1600 watts and 13 amps:

http://www.amazon.com/Axis-45505-Out...3580597&sr=1-1

Last edited by eaayoung; 10-17-2014 at 02:23 PM.
post #15355 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually, the 800 series did pretty well in this shootout by the looks of it.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/result-201406013793.htm

Not bad for an edge lit set. I'm a plasma snob, but am still interested to see how well the 900 compares.
post #15356 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No. Don't use it anymore. Check the manual for your set's wattage and amps and get something that exceeds what the manual has listed.

The one I got was a heavy 3 plug extention cord. Much heavier than a typical lamp extension cord. Similar to this one that is rated for 1600 watts and 13 amps:

http://www.amazon.com/Axis-45505-Out...3580597&sr=1-1

Many thanks...the cord fit by the slimmest of margins.
post #15357 of 15360 Old 10-17-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post
Actually, the 800 series did pretty well in this shootout by the looks of it.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/result-201406013793.htm

Not bad for an edge lit set. I'm a plasma snob, but am still interested to see how well the 900 compares.

Thanks for link...happy to see Panasonic doing well with 4K. Will have to monitor closely.
post #15358 of 15360 Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question. What is the going rate for a lightly used 65VT60 right now? On one hand, I want to go bigger, but on the other hand I don't know if anything will beat this TV. Ugh.
post #15359 of 15360 Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Define lightly used. I'd say under 2k hours would be around $2k.

The 65EC9700 if you have $8.5k (to start) will give it a run for its money in max brightness, contrast ratio, black levels, and static resolution.
post #15360 of 15360 Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the last year I haven't been able to get youtube (either via built in or chromecast) to work on my vt60. I've seen other people post about it, but I haven't seen anyone post any solutions (I haven't checked in a super long time). Whenever I launch youtube it only shows a white screen. Anyone have a solution for this or even know what I'm talking about? In addition to posting a response, please PM me or else I'll never see the response.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page