Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 519 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #15541 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
if someone could please try thier set

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatHead88 View Post
I'm about to call Panasonic again and was hoping for some ammo
Quoted post has pictures.
Could someone please try turning on "Game Mode" and/or turn off "Motion Smoothing" and see if they get the same motion doubling effect i do, I would really appreciate the info.

(The last pick i posted was from 22 Jump Street, 90% into the movie. Scaffolding moves fast in the foreground while camera focus is on Chatum in the black shirt, center screen. btw, 22 jump street is a terrible movie

Panasonic is scheduled to come out and i'd like to know if this is just how this set is or if something is really wrong and i should insist on it being fixed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15542 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Could someone please try turning on "Game Mode" and/or turn off "Motion Smoothing" and see if they get the same motion doubling effect i do, I would really appreciate the info.

(The last pick i posted was from 22 Jump Street, 90% into the movie. Scaffolding moves fast in the foreground while camera focus is on Chatum in the black shirt, center screen. btw, 22 jump street is a terrible movie

Panasonic is scheduled to come out and i'd like to know if this is just how this set is or if something is really wrong and i should insist on it being fixed.
I just also watched the 22 jump lastnight. ANd i didn't see any motion. Doubling or anything. All of the non sense modes are off and 1080p/24 ON and 96hz enable. I am using ps4 and i uses bluray from redbox. Maybe its ur settings from ur player?
post #15543 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've tried multiple players/content/input

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
I just also watched the 22 jump lastnight. ANd i didn't see any motion. Doubling or anything. All of the non sense modes are off and 1080p/24 ON and 96hz enable. I am using ps4 and i uses bluray from redbox. Maybe its ur settings from ur player?
So i was using a popcorn hour to and a bluray archive of a scene that i Knew had issues.

The main thing I'm troubleshooting is video game lag on my Xbox One so I'm glad you responded!

I have tried the same settings as you but also turn "motion smoothing" off and/or "game mode" on. I'm trying to reduce lag time as much as possible because the kiddies keep kicking my ass online

have you by chance played games on your PS4 with the tv configured like that?

I posted some screen shots previously of my cursor in Destiny. Could you check those out?

Last edited by MeatHead88; 11-25-2014 at 07:27 AM.
post #15544 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So i was using a popcorn hour to and a bluray archive of a scene that i Knew had issues.

The main thing I'm troubleshooting is video game lag on my Xbox One so I'm glad you responded!

I have tried the same settings as you but also turn "motion smoothing" off and/or "game mode" on. I'm trying to reduce lag time as much as possible because the kiddies keep kicking my ass online

have you by chance played games on your PS4 with the tv configured like that?

I posted some screen shots previously of my cursor in Destiny. Could you check those out?
I never play game of my ps4. I only used it for blurays. Maybe u can try to changed the input label into "game" and try ur game again. Maybe it will help.
post #15545 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey,

are there are any Settings on Forums in the USA or UK, which i can try on a european Panasonic TX-P42GTW60
post #15546 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Good point David
The question remains is the VT60 dimmer then the ST60 at peak brightness?
post #15547 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace54 View Post

Not sure but I do know that my VT60 has gotten brighter and more colorful with age. It's been 11 months and 2,000 hours since I bought it and had it calibrated.
post #15548 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I have a 55" VT60 I purchased used with 1900 hours on it. I had it professionally calibrated by DropTheRemote and everything has been well since this past summer. I am noticing lately there has been heavy image retention that takes a while (at least 5 minutes) to go away for example PS4 menu icons and text. Last night I was watching CNN for the Ferguson coverage for a while and I noticed tonight that on bright white screens I can see the CNN logo and the breaking news box. I am running the screen wipe right now hoping this goes away and it might but this is odd to me. I had a TH-58PZ800U for years and never had this level of image retention before on a plasma. My F8500 upstairs doesn't even have anywhere near this level of image retention. What gives?
post #15549 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFern View Post
I have a 55" VT60 I purchased used with 1900 hours on it. I had it professionally calibrated by DropTheRemote and everything has been well since this past summer. I am noticing lately there has been heavy image retention that takes a while (at least 5 minutes) to go away for example PS4 menu icons and text. Last night I was watching CNN for the Ferguson coverage for a while and I noticed tonight that on bright white screens I can see the CNN logo and the breaking news box. I am running the screen wipe right now hoping this goes away and it might but this is odd to me. I had a TH-58PZ800U for years and never had this level of image retention before on a plasma. My F8500 upstairs doesn't even have anywhere near this level of image retention. What gives?
I have 60vt60. I have the same problem. When i turn on my ps4 the logo will stay on the screen and the menus. Maybe thats the disadvantage of this set. I just run the screen wipe for a fee minutee and logos will disappear. Maybe its normal for out set.
post #15550 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
I am noticing lately there has been heavy image retention that takes a while (at least 5 minutes) to go away for example PS4 menu icons and text.
If it only takes five minutes to go away, whats the big deal? I wouldn't worry about. If you look at any tv long enough, you'll find something wrong with it.
post #15551 of 15568 Unread 11-25-2014, 08:28 PM

Because I've had to run the screen wipe for over an hour to get this CNN logo to go away. It's still faintly there so it is a big deal to me.
post #15552 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
^That's the Achilles heel of this final plasma product line from Panasonic. You either have to sell it or hope for more resilience by 3000 hours (I've seen one report of such) while walking on eggshells in the meantime.
post #15553 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:

run your TV in snow-mode the whole day

not sure if this still applies to the newer Viera sets but...

1. press [MENU]
2. go to [SETUP]
3. look for [CHANNEL SURF MODE] and switch to [ANALOG ONLY]
4. While in [SETUP], look for and click [ANT/Cable setup] and switch to Antenna mode.
post #15554 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 04:52 AM
OGG

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Newcomer here based in Europe (Belgium), looking far and wide for a 65VT60.
Stumbled upon a website "Lavender Electronics" (can I post links? first result on Google anyway) based in Singapore which has them for USD 1,080.
Now this seems far too good to be true and I can't find any reviews / feedback from customers who ordered from them.
Contacted them by email and they said they have the VT60 in stock (in broken English of course).
Can someone with experience ordering online point me in the right direction? The site does look quite shady :/
Coming from a Sammy PS60E6500 which is a solid performer, but really desperate for one of these before they disappear completely...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
post #15555 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjewel View Post
^That's the Achilles heel of this final plasma product line from Panasonic. You either have to sell it or hope for more resilience by 3000 hours (I've seen one report of such) while walking on eggshells in the meantime.
I'm at 5000 hours now watch whatever I want no issues, but obviously some common sense needs to be applied. It truly varys from Panel to Panel and has been that way for a number of years.

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Darbee DVP5000
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #15556 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGG View Post
Newcomer here based in Europe (Belgium), looking far and wide for a 65VT60.
Stumbled upon a website "Lavender Electronics" (can I post links? first result on Google anyway) based in Singapore which has them for USD 1,080.
Now this seems far too good to be true and I can't find any reviews / feedback from customers who ordered from them.
Contacted them by email and they said they have the VT60 in stock (in broken English of course).
Can someone with experience ordering online point me in the right direction? The site does look quite shady :/
Coming from a Sammy PS60E6500 which is a solid performer, but really desperate for one of these before they disappear completely...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome, I would stay away from those guys. And only buy from an authorized dealer.
post #15557 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 553
Quote:
I'm at 5000 hours now watch whatever I want no issues, but obviously some common sense needs to be applied. It truly varys from Panel to Panel and has been that way for a number of years.
I am with Chunon on this one. Just dropping by to see what's going on in this thread. Atmos/DSU and my VT60 are a perfect match. Picture looks great.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000 Fronts, Ascend HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
post #15558 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Same here...2500 hours on my 60VT60 and I play PS3 and PS video games too. Never had a problem with my Panny PX50U from 8 years ago.
post #15559 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 07:33 AM

Couple things to comment here. I have Pixel Orbiter on 'Auto' and I assume that means it will work in some function if I am watching a news channel?? So that level of image retention is kinda scary to me especially since I've never encountered it before. Also, its not like I am pausing cable content and then walking away for hours on end, this was normal live TV with commercial interruptions so I would hope the logos wouldn't persist like that. Last, I came down this morning after running screen wipe all night and it does appear the images are gone. Dodged a bullet there, but a little disappointed in Panasonic.
post #15560 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Pixel Orbiter on Auto means Off. The only options are On/Auto.
post #15561 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Pixel Orbiter on Auto means Off. The only options are On/Auto.
Actually it is slightly more intricate than that.
Auto is completely off when Overscan is disabled, H Size is set to 1, and Screen Format is set to Full.
In any combination of those settings being toggled Pixel Orbiter when set to Auto will be active.

Whereas with Pixel Orbiter toggled to On it will function all the time.

To more aggressively 'reduce' IR, I would recommend considering having PO set to On, Overscan set to On, H Size set to 2, and Screen Format to Just.
*With H Size it will be stretching the picture horizontally and I prefer it set to 1 = off.

Best regards,
KvE
mbroadus likes this.

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

Last edited by KMFDMvsEnya; Yesterday at 09:31 AM.
post #15562 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya View Post
Auto is completely off when Overscan is disabled, H Size is set to 1, and Screen Format is set to Full.
In any combination of those settings being toggled Pixel Orbiter when set to Auto will be active.

To more aggressively 'reduce' IR, I would recommend considering having PO set to On, Overscan set to On, H Size set to 2 -I prefer 1, and Screen Format to Just.

Best regards,
KvE
Great info...for some time, we've had the discussion of what Auto actually means and never came to a conclusion that I'm aware of. Thanks for clarifying!
post #15563 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Glad to hear it, but it's unfortunately no consolation to some of the unlucky ones (I count myself amongst them) who have witnessed loss of uniformity over something as mundane as a nav bar or subtitles. The good (but not great) news is even in those scenarios, 99% of uniformity can be regained by simply leaving the set off for an extended period of time (at least this was successful in my case). I could no longer stomach the power drain from screen wiping and other similar measures. All of this left me saying sayonara to plasma much sooner than I would have otherwise.

Last edited by sterlingjewel; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.
post #15564 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 10:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace54 View Post
Don't quote me, but I seem to recall inital reports were the ST60 measured a tiny bit more light output. However, this was before calibrators like Chad B discovered that high panel in the VT60 could be calibrated rather well for much higher light output, so I am not sure how they both stand comparitively with that in mind.

post #15565 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjewel View Post
Glad to hear it, but it's unfortunately no consolation to some of the unlucky ones (I count myself amongst them) who have witnessed loss of uniformity over something as mundane as a nav bar or subtitles. The good (but not great) news is even in those scenarios, 99% of uniformity can be regained by simply leaving the set off for an extended period of time (at least this was successful in my case). I could no longer stomach the power drain from screen wiping and other similar measures. All of this left me saying sayonara to plasma much sooner than I would have otherwise.
That's unfortunate

Darbee DVP5000
post #15566 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

To more aggressively 'reduce' IR, I would recommend considering having PO set to On, Overscan set to On, H Size set to 2, and Screen Format to Just.
*With H Size it will be stretching the picture horizontally and I prefer it set to 1 = off.

Best regards,
KvE
So what are the best settings for bluray playback?
post #15567 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Best regards,
KvE
You might be mitigating IR but you are degrading the screen resolution significantly with those settings,

Darbee DVP5000
post #15568 of 15568 Unread Yesterday, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
So what are the best settings for bluray playback?
When I am watching BR discs or using the display with my computer the settings are as follows:
Pixal Orbiter: Auto
Overscan: Off
H Size: 1
Screen Format: Full

When I am gaming Screen Format is toggled to Just. Which always makes me wish Panasonic had included discrete remote codes for it.

Quote:
You might be mitigating IR but you are degrading the screen resolution significantly with those settings,
True but what I recommended will be beneficial to those that often watch content with persistent logos.
It is a tradeoff that is the nature of the beast with these panels. Whereas with my Kuro I typically left it on Dot by Dot with no ill effects.

Best regards,
KvE

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread