Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 528 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #15811 of 15814 Unread Today, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurlitzer-1015 View Post
Many thanks for the advice, especially about re-calibration. Unfortunately I can't find any professionals to calibrate my TV (Singapore). There are some people professing to be calibrators and I've spoken to a few, but even with my limited knowledge I can tell they are charlatans, some profess to be able to calibrate a TV with using any equipment!
It's encouraging what you say though, it suggests the TV can probably can be re-adjusted to improve the picture quality, thanks.
Look for Level II video calibration - http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-ent...e&distance=250

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15812 of 15814 Unread Today, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 129
If anyone's looking to try out some reference quality video test clips on their VT60s, AVS User Carlo46 has them for download here. Those LG OLED demo videos look absolutely stunning on my 65VT60 and with those hard to find Pionner Elite demos showcasing the incredible MLL of the VT60 I don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon

Demo videos to showcase OLED Display (Samsung, LG, sony) The ones they play in stores

Enjoy
post #15813 of 15814 Unread Today, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
If anyone's looking to try out some reference quality video test clips on their VT60s, AVS User Carlo46 has them for download here. Those LG OLED demo videos look absolutely stunning on my 65VT60 and with those hard to find Pionner Elite demos showcasing the incredible MLL of the VT60 I don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon

Demo videos to showcase OLED Display (Samsung, LG, sony) The ones they play in stores

Enjoy
Awesome! Thanks for the link. Quickly had a look a the LG ones - wow! I still haven't got around to getting my VT60 calibrated yet. Not sure how much better this thing can look from THX Cinema!
post #15814 of 15814 Unread Today, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
Look for Level II video calibration - http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-ent...e&distance=250
Thanks for the tip buzzard767, I'll check them out. I have tried one of those companies a couple of those people are associated with but they only offered the TV calibration as part of a whole HTS assessment package, not as just a one-off item.

55VT60, Yamaha RX-S600, Mede8er X10003D, Ryan Play-On HD2
ATV1 running XBMC, Wurlitzer OMT 1015 Vinyl, Harmony Ultimate,
Miller & Kreisel 5.1 system speakers
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page