Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 529 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #15841 of 15859 Old 02-07-2015, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatHead88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatHead88 View Post
So I don't have bluray, i rip all to ISOs (no compression) and play on my PopcornHour A-400 from my NAS.

Seems motion and this effect is worse on popcornhour than my XBOX One.

On my XBOX I mostly watch Netflix, hulu and play games. Motion seems better but not what I thought it would be.

I now have 500 hours on this set and its not any better than the day i bought it. I should have tried returning it

I had an older, lower end, Panasonic plasma before this one as well and motion was not an issue.

Everything goes directly through my Yamaha RX-A2020 as it did before with no issues....

Its like the different colors are not in sync. Is that even possible?

Now my girlfriend of course doesn't notice and is amazed by the picture, but I can see it. (I want to un-see it so bad!) I'm sure this is the case with most of us in this forum when we notice a visual anomaly!
So I've been struggling with motion issues since i got the set and I'm really at wits end. I even called Panasonic but they were not much help.

So attached is 2 pictures of the motion issue. It shows it self most apparently when moving the cursor around in Destiny. The cursor is a single ring, as some of you may be familiar. On my set it is single when still, but doubles when i move it. This same thing happens during other movement when watching Blu-ray from different source. The XBOX One is directly connected now and the issue is exactly the same.

I have all the enhancement function off. The only one that helps is "Motion smoother" but only after it "catches up" with the movement. The doubling effect is still there for the start of any movement then goes away. "Game Mode" on or off does nothing.

Any ideas? is this to be expected? how do i get Panasonic to fix this

Just a note, this doesn't happen for all things moving on the screen. The space ship in pictures is slowly bobbing up and down and looks rick solid so I'm totally confused.
Its like some things in motion are so awesome on the set but then some motion is extremely crappy!
Turn pixel orbiter to Auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15842 of 15859 Old 02-11-2015, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmaug View Post
Hi,
I have exactly the same phenomenon on mine 55VT60.....
It doesnt matter if I use TP or WIFI, It also shows on DVB-T(2) and when I input 1080i/p in any HDMI, not when I input 720p from HDMI!....
I almost always run DVB-S from HDMI at 720p so I havnt noticed it until recently!...

Could it be a heating problem?...
I bought it 13 months ago!..and have the fan upgrade fix done!

regards,

/Mikael
Hi!

I wanted to report that the green flash phenomenon is also present here. I have a 5 month old P55VTW60 (European model). The flash appears at the lower half or maybe 2/3rd part ot the screen, I guess only for one single frame.
It comes once in few hours. I've started to notice it couple of weeks ago. I don't see any connection with tv or ambient temperature. It occurs both with HDMI source and internal source (cl+ card)
It's a bit worrying.

Last edited by dudeeg; 02-11-2015 at 01:34 PM.
post #15843 of 15859 Old 02-11-2015, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeeg View Post
Hi!

I wanted to report that the green flash phenomenon is also present here. I have a 5 month old P55VTW60 (European model). The flash appears at the lower half or maybe 2/3rd part ot the screen, I guess only for one single frame.
It comes once in few hours. I've started to notice it couple of weeks ago. I don't see any connection with tv or ambient temperature. It occurs both with HDMI source and internal source (cl+ card)
It's a bit worrying.

Huh? I've never heard of that model
post #15844 of 15859 Old 02-12-2015, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
Huh? I've never heard of that model
Nothing special, it is the same as any VT60, just labeled as VTW showing that is targeted to the 'W'estern market in Europe. Minor difference around the tuners due to some regulations I guess.

Last edited by dudeeg; 02-12-2015 at 02:03 AM.
post #15845 of 15859 Old 02-12-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Hi!

It's a bit worrying.

Your problem may be an indication of the SD board or the SS2 board starting to fail. Here is the board layout for the North American VT60. It should be the same for your unit.

Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pcb.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	542001  
post #15846 of 15859 Old 02-13-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post
Your problem may be an indication of the SD board or the SS2 board starting to fail. Here is the board layout for the North American VT60. It should be the same for your unit.

Larry
Thanks!
The TV is 8 month old, with 1000 hours of switch-on time.
It has still a valid guarantee for the next 4 months, so I hope the customer service can help. The problem is that the green flash shows up very rarely, so it is hard/impossible to present it to the technician.
Anyhow, I will have to make that phone call, I guess.
post #15847 of 15859 Old 02-13-2015, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Thanks!

The TV is 8 month old, with 1000 hours of switch-on time.

It has still a valid guarantee for the next 4 months, so I hope the customer service can help.

Are guarantees important there?
post #15848 of 15859 Old 02-14-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxo View Post
Are guarantees important there?
Yes. If you buy a TV here (Hungary) you get 1 year guarantee. If you have an issue, they are obliged to fix it in this period for free (incl transportation).
My only concern is that I bought this tv in another country, because as the plasma production ended, it was out of stock everywhere.
Now, there is a thing called Panasonic Pan-European guarantee, which ensures you get the free fix in your country independently of the fact where you bought it (within Europe), but I've never tried this option, and I know that services here are not so happy if you ask them to fix a TV that was bought a thousand kilometers or miles away
So even though everything sounds good on the paper, it is not so sure you will have an easy ride in such situation :-/

Last edited by dudeeg; 02-14-2015 at 12:41 AM.
post #15849 of 15859 Old 02-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Anyone know how hot the back is supposed to get? The left side (facing the back panel) under the fan gets the hottest.
post #15850 of 15859 Old 02-15-2015, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 586
That's the hot spot, normal

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Harmony 650
Darbee DVP5000
Sony XT1 Soundbase
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
post #15851 of 15859 Old 02-17-2015, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Where can i find a calibration sheet to try on?
post #15852 of 15859 Old 02-17-2015, 02:06 AM

VT60 green flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

Larry
Quick status update on the 'green flash' issue of my P55VT60:
Yesterday I was watching TV (on CI+ interface) and was playing around in the TV menu when I noticed again the quick green flash, but I am 95% sure that only the TV program in the background was flashing and not the menu in the front!
I don't know the internal block scheme of the TV, but this tells me that the root cause of the issue is not in the panel or panel drive electronics, but somewhere earlier in the chain (and just as a reminder: the symptom is source and cable independent. It shows up both with CI+ or with HDMI source).
post #15853 of 15859 Old 02-24-2015, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMR View Post
Has anyone noticed shimmering, jaggies, or moire while watching content? I've had a VT60 for going on two years, and I seem to notice it more now than I ever have. Maybe it's always been there, and I just never noticed before? It's appearing on TV, Netflix, and even Blu-ray discs.
I myself notice this lately more than ever. I could've sworn that it displayed it crisp smooth image before yet now that's suddenly not the case.

No amount of sharpness adjustment fixes this either. Even at 0 sharpness the jaggies still remain - this is across all sources.
post #15854 of 15859 Old 02-24-2015, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Regarding the green flash issue - I myself suffered from this issue occasionally for months. Then I noticed my menu would have little flickers all over it in different sections of the screen. I thought for sure it was a panel issue. Had Geek Squad replace the main board in hopes that'd fix it and it did. No issues since.
post #15855 of 15859 Old 03-03-2015, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Try to decrease the "Intelligent Frame Creation" setting, its on maximum by default... This should do the trick!... :-)
post #15856 of 15859 Old 03-03-2015, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Panasonic service is coming home to me to exchange the main board due to the green flashes.... :-)
post #15857 of 15859 Unread Yesterday, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmaug View Post
Try to decrease the "Intelligent Frame Creation" setting, its on maximum by default... This should do the trick!... :-)
What is Intelligent Frame Creation and where is it in the menus? I could not find it in my VT60 menus.
post #15858 of 15859 Unread Today, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedave View Post
What is Intelligent Frame Creation and where is it in the menus? I could not find it in my VT60 menus.
Strange. It is called IFC. Should be in the Pitcure menu. Sometimes it is greyed out, if not available (eg in Game mode). Or -as far I know- it is called a bit different in case of 24p playback.
This IFC is the Panasonic marketing name for frame extrapolation. You know, that makes the so called 'soap opera' effect

But it is surely there on the VT60 (at least on European models).
post #15859 of 15859 Unread Today, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Strange. It is called IFC. Should be in the Pitcure menu. Sometimes it is greyed out, if not available (eg in Game mode). Or -as far I know- it is called a bit different in case of 24p playback.
This IFC is the Panasonic marketing name for frame extrapolation. You know, that makes the so called 'soap opera' effect

But it is surely there on the VT60 (at least on European models).
Checked again, but the closest I could find was Motion Smoother. Maybe it has a different name for US versions.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page