Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 532 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #15931 of 15937 Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Okay I adjusted the sharpness on THX Bright Room from 50 to 0 so we'll see what that does.

I love the PQ on this 65" VT60!!!

I do have a problem that is driving me nuts, I've read, and searched, and done the HDMI/CEC dance but I still can't get my VT60 to switch the audio from TV speakers to "Home Theatre" automatically. It will switch the built in speakers on whenever my AV receiver is switched off but it will not switch back by itself when my receiver is turned on.

My G25 seemed to do this just fine and it's a PIA because it gets set to internal speakers all the time and I have to remember to check/switch manually whenever I'm going to watch something. I usually don't realize it right away and then I have to interrupt the beginning of whatever I am watching to correct it.

The receiver is a Yamaha RX-A2010 with a connection to the TV on HDMI2. The ARC/volume/input, and power control functions all seem fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15932 of 15937 Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by joez7700 View Post
My local retailer has a still new in the box 65VT60 that I am considering. It would be replacing a 2009 Panasonic S1 series . That tv had the rising black level issue. Does the VT60 suffer from the same problem over time? sorry if the question had been asked before I would just like to really hear from some actual owners. Thanks Joe
I have the tv you are considering and a G10 which is similar to the S1. I have the black level fix installed on the G10 and am happy with the tv again. The fix will also restore the black level on your S1 so that is something you may want to look into getting for it. If you have a chance to get a VT60 I think you should, the tv is awesome.
post #15933 of 15937 Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
My locall retailer has a still new in the box 65VT60 thst i am considering. It would be replacing a 2009 Panasonic S1 series . That tv had the rising black level issue. Does the VT60 suffer from the same problem over time? sorry if the question had been asked before I would just like to really hear from some actual owners. Thanks Joe
Are you aware there's fix for the rising black problem. Cost is about $65. Here's the link:

Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight?

Even with the fix, the VT/ZT are the best out there. IR is more of a problem. But worth the upgrade IMO.

Last edited by eaayoung; Yesterday at 09:37 PM. Reason: Fix link.
post #15934 of 15937 Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post
Quote:
My local retailer has a still new in the box 65VT60 that I am considering. It would be replacing a 2009 Panasonic S1 series . That tv had the rising black level issue. Does the VT60 suffer from the same problem over time? sorry if the question had been asked before I would just like to really hear from some actual owners. Thanks Joe
I have the tv you are considering and a G10 which is similar to the S1. I have the black level fix installed on the G10 and am happy with the tv again. The fix will also restore the black level on your S1 so that is something you may want to look into getting for it. If you have a chance to get a VT60 I think you should, the tv is awesome.
How does the fixef G10 black level comppare to the black level on the VT6O?
post #15935 of 15937 Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Thanks!!! I definitely think that I'll buy it. Once properly broken in ill get it calibrated! !!!
Joe
I know wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!
post #15936 of 15937 Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
I have a V10 with the fixed black level, while it is much better than without the fix, the black levels are no where near as good as the VT60 I have!! I find myself being overly critical of the V10's black levels because I am constantly comparing them to the VT60's when I watch it. I gotta stop doing that because it really is not fair

Main HT Room: Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV3, Sony BDP-S5100, Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers, Sierra Horizon and HTM-200SE, Dual Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofers
Basement HT Room: Panny TC-P58V10 (Black Level Restored!), Denon AVR-E300, Comcast X1 STB, Sony BDP-S590, Speakers: Wave Crest Audio HVL-1 (L/C/R), Pioneer SP-BS 22 (Surr) and Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofer
post #15937 of 15937 Unread Today, 01:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
Quote:
I have a V10 with the fixed black level, while it is much better than without the fix, the black levels are no where near as good as the VT60 I have!! I find myself being overly critical of the V10's black levels because I am constantly comparing them to the VT60's when I watch it. I gotta stop doing that because it really is not fair
Thanks! ! I'm really looking forward to getting the set!!
Joe
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page