Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 536 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #16051 of 16057 Old 05-20-2015, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 View Post
Wouldn't brighter be a bad thing for plasma. Possibly creating the rising black issues that affected the vt50?
Also the vt50 does not have the rising blacks problem, it was only an issue with the 13g(25 series) and some earlier generations. Panasonic corrected this issue in 2012 and I believe others have confirmed that there have been no rise in blacks with both the 50 and 60 series after checking with a meter after thousands of hours.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Sony BDP-S5100
Elite PRO-101FD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16052 of 16057 Old 05-21-2015, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouss View Post
Also the vt50 does not have the rising blacks problem, it was only an issue with the 13g(25 series) and some earlier generations. Panasonic corrected this issue in 2012 and I believe others have confirmed that there have been no rise in blacks with both the 50 and 60 series after checking with a meter after thousands of hours.
That's right.
post #16053 of 16057 Old 05-21-2015, 03:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver83 View Post
Hi, I bought a led panasonic tv, 650e but I have the same issue as some other users. when I try to connect to the tv (connected via wifi to the router) from windows 8 from laptop it asks me for a viera WPS pin.
Where can I find it?
I did a search of this thread remembering that there was some older discussion about the WPS pin. I found post 13958 that may help out.
post #16054 of 16057 Old 05-21-2015, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post
I did a search of this thread remembering that there was some older discussion about the WPS pin. I found post 13958 that may help out.
I red but I thought that during the months someone found a solution...I will try tonight...
post #16055 of 16057 Old 05-24-2015, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Very nice looking reports.
You should be very happy with your calibration.

ss

I noticed in the OLED threads that you are now a 65EG9600 4k OLED owner. Outside of the CMS and calibration issues, would you say that the overall PQ is that much better compared to your VT60 or is it close? How do you compare the two?
post #16056 of 16057 Old 05-24-2015, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 388
The 2015 65EG6600 curved screen, is pretty neat.

The difference is the clarity and contrast, that is where the EG9600 really shines.
Because of the black level and therefore the contrast, colors really pop if that is what you want. Otherwise you can tone down the colors and still have most of the pop.
Motion is about the same as the VT60.
It seems IR is less of a issue than the VT60, but it can still accrue.

For 99.9% of the folks that get this TV, I don't think the limited CMS controls will make much of a difference to them.
Flesh tones are very good as is most of the basic colors that you will see. All you really need is a calibration disc like AVS HD 709 and adjust contrast, brightness, color control, color temp (warm 2) and see if you like using the wide gamut or the normal gamut. This is pretty basic stuff and as a little more time passes I will be posting these basic settings that work for me.
If you really want to fine turn then using the wide gamut and a large profile/3DLUT is the way to go. But that takes skill a vary fast color meter along with the right software.l.

The only real drawback is the black boarders on each side, they run from top to bottom and are about 5 inch wide.
With light level over 35% you will not see them in a full screen gray test pattern. The only time you will see them is in very dark scenes.
However it is being said that LG will replace the mother board and the power supply, that should get rid of the black boarders. We will probably know if that works by next Friday, because two members will have that done by then.

Bottom line, are VT/ZT60's are great plasma's so there is really no need to replace them.
If you want the latest cutting edge TV, then you probably will not be disappointed with the 65EG9600.

ss
Chere likes this.
post #16057 of 16057 Old Today, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi everyone! I'm a long time reader of these forums, but I don't post very much. I live in Massachusetts and I got a VT60 a year and a half ago based on what I read here. Just last week I finally had it professionally calibrated by Gregg Loewen of http://lionav.com He did an amazing job and was extremely knowledgeable. Gregg answered every question I asked and was very friendly. The calibration was very fun to watch and it was obvious he knew the ins and outs of this model very well. I believe he said he's calibrated over 4000 of these. I came from watching the THX modes and wow, what a difference. It's like the TV came out of a fog. Much more vibrant and accurate! People look like people now! I can absolutely recommend Gregg to anyone who is looking for a calibration for their TV. I could never go back to uncalibrated after this! Thanks to everyone in this forum for steering me towards the VT60 as well.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread