Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 540 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #16171 of 16179 Old 07-27-2015, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Glover View Post
Well I am really discouraged. Bought my 65VT60 about 1.5 years ago. One of the best reviewed TV's ever. A few weeks ago I turned it on and got this buzzing sound. No image. Just a low level buzz. Took to Best Buy where I bought it. They tell me the panel needs to be replaced AND they can no longer get the panel. So I am screwed. $3000 down the drain. SO upset. I plan on emailing Panasonic something....not sure what good that would do. But it's very very upsetting that their top tier TV only lasted 1.5 years? And since they no longer make them I am screwed?

Thoughts? I realized it was going to be kind of pricey to repair. I kind of thought $500? I would have paid a little more to have it fixed. The TV is awesome. Was.

Anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions on what I can do?

Thx in advance
If I were you, I would contact Panasonic and let them now that you didn't buy a cheap set, and that for the money you spent on it you expect better quality and expect that Panasonic repairs the tv set. I know by fact that if you insist they will repair it. Its not a $5. unit its a $3,000. Insist. Good luck

PRESENTLY:    TCP55VT60               PREVIOUSLY:    TH46PZ80
PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
PARADIGM MONITOR 7 v6 front speakers
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16172 of 16179 Old 07-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmar View Post
If I were you, I would contact Panasonic and let them now that you didn't buy a cheap set, and that for the money you spent on it you expect better quality and expect that Panasonic repairs the tv set. I know by fact that if you insist they will repair it. Its not a $5. unit its a $3,000. Insist. Good luck
How do you know for a fact they will repair it? The warranty is good for 1 year in the US. Plus, no one that I know of has been successful in getting Panasonic to replace a panel. It's doubtful they even have a panel to replace the defective panel.
post #16173 of 16179 Old 07-27-2015, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I know here in Quebec, that people have fought and Panasonic, or other companies have repaired high ticket items. Such as washers, fridge.

Is Panasonic building a $5. tv, If they stand behind their product, then they should will repair it. I am not talking of over a three year old tv.

PRESENTLY:    TCP55VT60               PREVIOUSLY:    TH46PZ80
PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
PARADIGM MONITOR 7 v6 front speakers
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

post #16174 of 16179 Old 07-27-2015, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
How do you know for a fact they will repair it? The warranty is good for 1 year in the US. Plus, no one that I know of has been successful in getting Panasonic to replace a panel. It's doubtful they even have a panel to replace the defective panel.
Once upon a time Panasonic replaced my first HDTV (a 32" open box) 5 months outside of warranty with the following years replacement model (went from 720p to 1080p).

Regional rep even delivered it to my house without quesiton. Awesome experience with their customer care at that time.

However, that guy was eventually let go as his position was eliminated. I had some issues with my 65VT60 and they proceeded to give me one of the worst customer experiences in recent memory.

All good things must come to an end.

I've since sold my VT60 and purchased an EC9300 OLED - what a dramatic difference in premium picture quality.
post #16175 of 16179 Old 07-28-2015, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Johnson 2 View Post
I have had a lightning strike and hdmi's won't work. Have looked online and having hard time findidng the main board in stock anywhere. Are they still available? Also, see that there is an adapter plug to input component video. Do you think that would still work even though hdmi is not working?
I had a VT50 and the HDMI inputs stopped working. Component video did work. Panasonic couldn't supply the damaged board so they gave me a VT60
post #16176 of 16179 Old 07-29-2015, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thx for the advice guys. I'm about to send an email or 2...I'll report back.
post #16177 of 16179 Old 07-29-2015, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Not sure why anyone would know BUT is there anyone who might know the best email address to send this to? I have it all written etc...
post #16178 of 16179 Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubJunk View Post
Just wanted to add that I updated my VT60 to the latest firmware last night (from 26 May 2015) and it seems stable. I haven't noticed any differences but the changelog says it improved network functionality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubJunk View Post
It looks like they didn't release it for TC (North American) models, but for TH models it's at http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...oce_me_04.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
What issues does the update fix? The last update issued for US model ZT/VT is 2.873.
Anyone did this update for our North America model?

PSN: DonVCorleone
Nintendo Network ID: DonRSD
3DS Friend Code: 0018-0138-6226

The U - NY Mets - NY Giants - Miami Heat
post #16179 of 16179 Unread Today, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
After a year and a month my VT60 showed a black vertical stripe of about 4 inches wide on the right side of the display.
The TV had only 800 hs of use. I had it transported to a repair store and they said it would be necessary to replace the whole display, but Panasonic could not supply the part making it impossible to repair. At least Panasonic refunded me the money even with the warranty having expired a month ago.
Has anyone had or have heard of such problem in this set? In a audio and video forum here in Brazil, about 8 owners had the exactly same problem and none was successfully repaired .
I was wondering if this set presented this issue in other countries as well.
Having a hard time to find a set that that matches VT60 in picture quality. Best option would be lg 9300 OLED, but going from 65'' to 55'' is too bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-01 13.57.35.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	860474  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page