Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 542 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #16231 of 16234 Unread Today, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay AVF View Post
I own a 55EC9300 and I can assure you it does 4:4:4 chroma, if anything it's the VT60 that can't resolve full 4:4:4. Even with pure direct enabled the chroma is vertically softened.

On the LG you just have to set the input label to PC (don't rename it, simply select PC) and it resolves full 4:4:4 chroma. I've tested it personally as I'm very sensitive to it, especially as I game a lot and seeing jaggy low res red and magenta text is a nightmare for me.

What kills the lg though is the shocking uniformity at the lower IRE of the greyscale. Yes the mll or rather lack of on the lg is great, but in "normal" viewing with a small basis light the blacks of the VT60 are so deep that I don't notice the difference.

The illusion obviously breaks in a pitch black room where I can see the phosphors glowing and blacks looking like a dark grey instead.
I've since purchased and have found your post to be true. I agree. I don't like doing night maps etc because of the IRE issues with banding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16232 of 16234 Unread Today, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post
I've since purchased and have found your post to be true. I agree. I don't like doing night maps etc because of the IRE issues with banding.
It's a real shame about the uniformity, as I can see vertical banding on dark scenes. If the uniformity was better it would be as close to "perfect" as possible as its nice not having buzzing, line bleed, dithering etc.

Apologies also, at the time I quoted your post, I hadn't realised it was actually a couple of months ago that you had posted that
post #16233 of 16234 Unread Today, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Vt60 owners. Is it worth it to get the vt60 pro calibrated? Also does, whoever calibrate the set matters?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
post #16234 of 16234 Unread Today, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by parekoy View Post
Vt60 owners. Is it worth it to get the vt60 pro calibrated? Also does, whoever calibrate the set matters?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
A calibration makes a massive difference. A high end display deserves to be calibrated to get the most of it.

I'd also say that calibrator are certainly not equal. I had a terrible experience with a calibrator a few years ago (I since calibrate myself with a meter and chromapure).

If you mention where you're located, people can give you some recommendations. There are some very good calibrator that are members of this forum and come highly recommended.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page