Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 545 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #16321 of 16323 Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Originally Posted by ScottFern View Post
I think we are talking about two different things. I own two VT60 plasmas and I am well aware they have image retention (especially when I first turn them on) but I was referring to the EF9500 and I haven't seen a single person complain that image retention was a problem. I know the review posted in the OLED sub made a comment about it but when I followed up in the EF9500 thread the only things people are complaining about are a yellowish spot on the screen and vignetting.
I recall one person stating he had persistent IR on his LG OLED. Can't recall his name but he was banned a while back. With that said, my ZT suffers from IR more than any Panasonic plasma TV I've owned. I currently own 4 plus had another one we gave to my mother-in-law. All have had had temporary IR. But my ZT borders on burn in. Very persistent IR. But only see it with a solid color screen. Not a deal breaker.

Last edited by eaayoung; Yesterday at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #16322 of 16323 Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yeah, I definitely get worried playing PS4 games with my son that the HUD displays are going to burn-in but the few times I had image retention I was able to get rid of it with the screen wipe utility.
post #16323 of 16323 Old Today, 02:32 AM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Originally Posted by Jay AVF View Post
Hi B T C you do need to be extremely close to see it.

It's not something you would be able to see from a normal viewing distance.

The only reason it concerns me is incase it's the sign of a problem that will get worse.

Best way of describing it is black "sparkles" of pixels appear briefly when you go from an all black screen to a light colored image.

So black screen, switch to say predominantly white image, black colored pixels briefly sparkle in image as pixels transition.

I use a blank input then switch to a light colored image to see it.
Hi Jay AVF,

I was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of what was causing your pixel misfires?
I appear to have the same issue on my VT65 when the panel luminance is set to MID.
Any help you can give would be appreciated.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page