Excellent Smart TV platform

Highly effective remote app

Well designed menus and remote control

Attractive design and excellent build quality
Cons

Some DFC

Stand doesn't swivel

Fans might bother some

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-VT65-VT60-TX-P55VT65B-P50VT65B-P65VT65B-3D-Plasma-TV_507/Review.html

See less See more
#10,881 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman00  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10830#post_24226952

Is the flipping of photos to the TV under the DLNA settings or in the bluetooth settings. I've read many parts of the online manual but can't seem to find it. Any general help on setting this up is appreciated.

I can't believe they can't print a $3 manual with a $2000+ TV. Its frustrating to go through the E-Manual for everything.

I believe it is in one of the pamplets that got shipped with the TV, and I am not sure there is any setting needed. Just download remote2 to your iphone, make sure they are on the same network, and then go to swipe and share. It is not using bluetooth or DLNA.

#10,883 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10860#post_24228879

I ran into a real problem tonight. When I went to Apps, YouTube would not fully load. It went from "loading" to a blue screen and then a solid white screen and just hung there. I couldn't fully exit out of the app either. The set's response to the remote began to get delayed and wonky as well. I ended up having to do a factory reset and start from scratch. The reset did solve the problems but now I'll have redo the settings that I've been experimenting with. Geez!
Even powering off the TV and then back on again didn't fix the problem? Just sounds like the software had an issue which is usually fixed with powering the TV off.

#10,884 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydenim  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10890#post_24229315

My VT60 is a Sept build and the fan noise is there but doesn't distract me too much. I just had a look at the fans with my iphone 'torch' and can see foam surrounding the fan but can't see anything through the fans except silver. Does this sound like it has the fix?
It should have the fixed based on the month but the foam you need to see is under the fan. You need to look really carefully and you should be able to see a strip of foam....

Look at my picture below and you can see the foam strip under the fan on the left side:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/mnt3.jpg/ ]

#10,885 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10860#post_24228879

I ran into a real problem tonight. When I went to Apps, YouTube would not fully load. It went from "loading" to a blue screen and then a solid white screen and just hung there. I couldn't fully exit out of the app either. The set's response to the remote began to get delayed and wonky as well. I ended up having to do a factory reset and start from scratch. The reset did solve the problems but now I'll have redo the settings that I've been experimenting with. Geez!
Honestly the Panasonic apps never impressed me, plus on my VT50 I had it calibrated and then firmware came out so I refused the firmware and the set would not let me run any apps because it knew I was down level. Personally I prefer a dumb TV for apps I rely on my Roku.

#10,886 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10860#post_24227990

I did the fan fix myself on my 65VT60 and afterward it was very difficult to tell if the fans were working. I could no longer hear them and couldn't feel any airflow. Anyway, since my TV is wall mounted, I grabbed a handheld mirror and a flashlight so I could look directly at the fans while starting up the TV. Using this method I was able to see the fans spin up and verify that they're indeed working.

What was involved with the fan fix? Did you find it difficult, time-consuming, etc? Were the instructions clear?

#10,887 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10860#post_24228685

I have a Marantz NR-1504 and I pass everything thru the receiver to the TV connected at HDMI 2.

Me too. This is the correct way to do it. Although lots of people on here are resorting to an optical cable, that should not be necessary. The fix is usually in the TV menus (Vierra, Apps Settings, etc).

#10,888 ·
Finally got mine hooked up and the picture is stunning. Either my samsung dlp wasn't as great as I thought, or I wasn't expecting enough because I am blown away by the upgrade. The panel is plenty bright once you get it out of standard mode. I am currently using THX cinema but I am drawn to THX bright room and find myself constantly switching and comparing. Once the 100 hour safety zone is over I will try and dial in the settings.

#10,890 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmorage  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10890#post_24229578

Finally got mine hooked up and the picture is stunning. Either my samsung dlp wasn't as great as I thought, or I wasn't expecting enough because I am blown away by the upgrade. The panel is plenty bright once you get it out of standard mode. I am currently using THX cinema but I am drawn to THX bright room and find myself constantly switching and comparing. Once the 100 hour safety zone is over I will try and dial in the settings.

I really love DLP screens but, yes, once you see the contrast you were missing it's hard to go back.

#10,891 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10890#post_24229434

It should have the fixed based on the month but the foam you need to see is under the fan. You need to look really carefully and you should be able to see a strip of foam....

Look at my picture below and you can see the foam strip under the fan on the left side:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/mnt3.jpg/ ]

Great pic-thanks. It really helped me home in on what everyone means when they say "fan fix." My specifics:

* VT60, June2013 build.

* There is 1/4" (maybe a tad larger) foam surround which goes around the outside of the fan housing in a square. It sits between the fan housing and the rear panel The picture shows this real well, but if you take a flashlight and aim directly into the vented fan enclosure so the beam hits the center of the fan itself, you will set it clearly. Now that I've seen it, its really not big deal and kinda cheap to my eyes. But hey, if it works, great!

* I've got about 300 hours on my set and I've never heard fan noise. But, being in Phoenix, I'm pretty sure the fans will get a workout eventually.

Scott

#10,892 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10890#post_24229614

What size UPS's are you guys using ? I have a 425VA that I used on my last plasma without a problem but with my VT65 my UPS keeps beeping when my TV is on. The only other thing I have plugged into the battery is my Tivo.

I'd recommend upgrading to an honest-to-goodness power conditioner. I tried using an UPS prior and I found them an ill fit for my HT: the benefits of the battery were slim in my application and the unit was power hungry and, contrary to it's purpose, noisy (the RF kind). I ended up investing in an APC H15 power conditioner and have never looked back. IMO, the APC is far better suited to an HT application and is much more confidence inspiring in it's construction and lack of interference.

#10,893 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10860#post_24229281

I believe it is in one of the pamplets that got shipped with the TV, and I am not sure there is any setting needed. Just download remote2 to your iphone, make sure they are on the same network, and then go to swipe and share. It is not using bluetooth or DLNA.
Great! Thanks!!

#10,894 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10890#post_24229698

I'd recommend upgrading to an honest-to-goodness power conditioner. I tried using an UPS prior and I found them an ill fit for my HT: the benefits if the battery were slim in my application and the unit was power hungry and, contrary to it's purpose, noisy (the RF kind). I ended up investing in an APC H15 power conditioner and have never looked back. IMO, the APC is far better suited to a HT application and is much more confidence inspiring in it's construction and lack of interference.

I agree. UPSs can offer back-up power but the protection they offer differs widely. In the case of electronics (with the exception of data storage), protection trumps back-up power every day of the week. I've had excellent luck with Panamax, with three (one for a/v system, two for audio systems). The biggest thing is: You want to plug ALL your devices into it. So you need to carefully count up the number of outlets you need, add a factor for expansion and search possibly here for something you can afford:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=panamax&sprefix=panamx%2Caps%2C279&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Apanamax

Also, you'll want at least one or two receptacles that are hot all the time (DVR, Satellite Box, etc). So include them in your search.

#10,895 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10890#post_24229686

Great pic-thanks. It really helped me home in on what everyone means when they say "fan fix." My specifics:

* VT60, June2013 build.

* There is 1/4" (maybe a tad larger) foam surround which goes around the outside of the fan housing in a square. It sits between the fan housing and the rear panel The picture shows this real well, but if you take a flashlight and aim directly into the vented fan enclosure so the beam hits the center of the fan itself, you will set it clearly. Now that I've seen it, its really not big deal and kinda cheap to my eyes. But hey, if it works, great!

* I've got about 300 hours on my set and I've never heard fan noise. But, being in Phoenix, I'm pretty sure the fans will get a workout eventually.

Scott
Yeah, I believe every panel will have the foam on the outside of the fan, it is the foam that is located under it that is the fix and can be a little harder to see.

#10,896 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10890#post_24229614

What size UPS's are you guys using ? I have a 425VA that I used on my last plasma without a problem but with my VT65 my UPS keeps beeping when my TV is on. The only other thing I have plugged into the battery is my Tivo.

425VA is a bit weak, the TV draws about 200-300 watts all the time, I would goo 700VA. Personally I use a 1500VA for the TV so if the lights go I have a few minutes to see if they come back. My Receiver, Dish DVR, Roku and Oppo are on their own 1500VA UPS as well. My SVS Ultra Sub has a line conditioner on it since it can draw considerable power and most UPSes would not deal with i well as the Amp is rated at like 750 watts, but it surges at times when calling up deep lows.

Additionally I have a whole house surge suppressor on my electrical panel.

#10,897 ·

Quote:

Quote:

I'm currently using a Monster HTS 3500 power conditioner but thinking about buying a Panamax. What's the shelf life of these products?

#10,898 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316  /t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-...read-no-street-price-talk/10890#post_24229777

Yeah, I believe every panel will have the foam on the outside of the fan, it is the foam that is located under it that is the fix and can be a little harder to see.

Oh, my mistake. Its exactly as your original note stated-its in front of the van (front being towards the screen) and can be seen between the fan blades on the left side in your pic. Sorry and thanks.

So, I do NOT have that foam on my June build...crap.

Does anyone have the SPECIFIC number for Panasonic tech to come out and retrofit the fan fix???

Thank you.