Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 549 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 214Likes
post #16441 of 16450 Old 02-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
hi.i notice something yesterday when watching the exorcist just before the doctro is going to hypnotize linda blair or regan,just before it showes a black screen in this screen green noise pixal thingy appears.what is that?it dont showe this in the black bars,but if i turn down brightness to +3 it goes away.i have set brightness with hd rec709 and then its at +8.

Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y-Klipsch RF-62 Mk1-Onkyo TX-NR616-Panasonic DMP-BDT110-Pioneer BDP-120-Xbox 360 250GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16442 of 16450 Old 02-10-2016, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Question for you all...

So I have had my 60VT60 set up for a about a week now. I use the THX Cinema setting and have tweaked it slightly with my Spears and Munsil blu ray.

The problem I seem to be having is that I do not like how it looks when using it as my PC monitor. The text is just hard to read.

I have my BD player, DVR, and PC all connected to my Denon 3312 via HDMI, and then HDMI to the VT60. I am happy with how the blu rays and DVR look, just not the PC.

I'm hoping it is just a setting I have missed somewhere, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Prior to the VT60, I had a 54V10 plasma connected the exact same way, and the text was much better on my V10. (I was using the THX setting on my V10 as well)

Basically, black text looks bluish and over-sharpened, for lack of a better word.

I ran a 2nd HDMI cable from my 3312 so I could look at both displays simultaneously, and it is an obvious difference.

I took a couple pics to show you what I mean. I combined them into one, the VT60 is on the right.

Sharpness is set to 0 on both displays.

Any ideas on how to make this better?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Text comparison.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	1243825  

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #16443 of 16450 Old 02-10-2016, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys. I own a 65vt60 in perfect condition. I recently got an offer from someone for $2,200. Should I sell it? I watch tv with lights on and I thought the panny could be a little brighter. UHD led is very tempting.. Any recommendation for replacement at or below $2,200?
post #16444 of 16450 Old Yesterday, 03:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuester View Post
Question for you all...

So I have had my 60VT60 set up for a about a week now. I use the THX Cinema setting and have tweaked it slightly with my Spears and Munsil blu ray.

The problem I seem to be having is that I do not like how it looks when using it as my PC monitor. The text is just hard to read.

I have my BD player, DVR, and PC all connected to my Denon 3312 via HDMI, and then HDMI to the VT60. I am happy with how the blu rays and DVR look, just not the PC.

I'm hoping it is just a setting I have missed somewhere, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Prior to the VT60, I had a 54V10 plasma connected the exact same way, and the text was much better on my V10. (I was using the THX setting on my V10 as well)

Basically, black text looks bluish and over-sharpened, for lack of a better word.

I ran a 2nd HDMI cable from my 3312 so I could look at both displays simultaneously, and it is an obvious difference.

I took a couple pics to show you what I mean. I combined them into one, the VT60 is on the right.

Sharpness is set to 0 on both displays.

Any ideas on how to make this better?

Thanks.
You might try enabling Pure Direct, as it is called on the UK models. There are also Graphics and Photos modes for the HDMI Content Type setting, which again might be worth a try.
post #16445 of 16450 Old Yesterday, 04:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveAnthony View Post
Hey guys. I own a 65vt60 in perfect condition. I recently got an offer from someone for $2,200. Should I sell it? I watch tv with lights on and I thought the panny could be a little brighter. UHD led is very tempting.. Any recommendation for replacement at or below $2,200?
My 65VT60 died last fall and I ended up getting a Sony 4K and returned it. I finally a Samsung 65JS8500 and though the TV has a great picture, you can't beat the VT's blacks and off center viewing. The only one the matches the VT in my eyes is the LG OLED, but at $5000, it's too rich for me now. If my VT hadn't died I would not have. Moved to 4k yet. But $2200 is a good price and you would be half way to the OLED. Something to consider.

JT

My set up
Marantz SR-7008, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic DMB-BDT360
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Samsung UN65JS8500FXZA
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096

Last edited by jnnt29; Yesterday at 07:33 AM. Reason: clarification
post #16446 of 16450 Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I'm so glad I got one of the last VT65s 18 months ago, no issues and a great PQ, I wouldn't swap it for anything out there right now.

Panasonic TXP65VT65B
post #16447 of 16450 Unread Today, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxo View Post
You might try enabling Pure Direct, as it is called on the UK models. There are also Graphics and Photos modes for the HDMI Content Type setting, which again might be worth a try.
Thanks. I thought I tried all the different HDMI content type settings, but I didn't try "Off".

HDMI Content Type set to OFF fixed the PC text for me.
fluxo likes this.

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #16448 of 16450 Unread Today, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Hi i currently have a Panasonic tc-p65s1. It has the black level fix on it. I might have the option to get a 65in VT60. Is thr black level really that much better. I know when I display a full black screen in the dark my tv glows a very dark grey (before the fix it was light grey). It the VT60 that much better in the dark. Would someone be able to post a picture of the tv displaying a black screen in the dark. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Joe
post #16449 of 16450 Unread Today, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 52
A picture won't tell you anything, your eyes only will. Besides seeing for yourself in real world, you have no options.
post #16450 of 16450 Unread Today, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joez7700 View Post
Hi i currently have a Panasonic tc-p65s1. It has the black level fix on it. I might have the option to get a 65in VT60. Is thr black level really that much better. I know when I display a full black screen in the dark my tv glows a very dark grey (before the fix it was light grey). It the VT60 that much better in the dark. Would someone be able to post a picture of the tv displaying a black screen in the dark. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Joe
Hi Joe,
I don't have a picture for you, but my recent experience should help you out.

I bought a 60VT60 less than 2 weeks ago. It replaced a Panasonic 54V10 plasma. I believe the V10 is the same year as your S1? The V10 had black level fix on it as well - I didn't buy Dane's device, I just reset with an Arduino every few months.

I had both displays set up in my room for a time running the same signal that was split from my AVR.

The difference in the black levels between the 2 displays was laughable. I even started quoting Spinal Tap (How much more black could this be?) to the confused look on my wife's face. The VT60 was so much blacker than the V10 it seemed as though there was something wrong with the V10... it just looked gray.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page