Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 549 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 213Likes
post #16441 of 16443 Unread 02-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
hi.i notice something yesterday when watching the exorcist just before the doctro is going to hypnotize linda blair or regan,just before it showes a black screen in this screen green noise pixal thingy appears.what is that?it dont showe this in the black bars,but if i turn down brightness to +3 it goes away.i have set brightness with hd rec709 and then its at +8.

Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y-Klipsch RF-62 Mk1-Onkyo TX-NR616-Panasonic DMP-BDT110-Pioneer BDP-120-Xbox 360 250GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16442 of 16443 Unread Today, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Question for you all...

So I have had my 60VT60 set up for a about a week now. I use the THX Cinema setting and have tweaked it slightly with my Spears and Munsil blu ray.

The problem I seem to be having is that I do not like how it looks when using it as my PC monitor. The text is just hard to read.

I have my BD player, DVR, and PC all connected to my Denon 3312 via HDMI, and then HDMI to the VT60. I am happy with how the blu rays and DVR look, just not the PC.

I'm hoping it is just a setting I have missed somewhere, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Prior to the VT60, I had a 54V10 plasma connected the exact same way, and the text was much better on my V10. (I was using the THX setting on my V10 as well)

Basically, black text looks bluish and over-sharpened, for lack of a better word.

I ran a 2nd HDMI cable from my 3312 so I could look at both displays simultaneously, and it is an obvious difference.

I took a couple pics to show you what I mean. I combined them into one, the VT60 is on the right.

Sharpness is set to 0 on both displays.

Any ideas on how to make this better?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Text comparison.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	1243825  

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #16443 of 16443 Unread Today, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys. I own a 65vt60 in perfect condition. I recently got an offer from someone for $2,200. Should I sell it? I watch tv with lights on and I thought the panny could be a little brighter. UHD led is very tempting.. Any recommendation for replacement at or below $2,200?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread