Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 14811 Old 05-19-2013, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by znutz View Post

I'm not judging the quality of the television based on this content. It was an example of content I have noticed it in. I do notice it on other content as well. Viewing distance is around 9ft. I assume no one else is seeing dithering then?

I sit ~ 8 feet back from the 65vt60 and do not see the dithering in dark scenes. I watched the Watchmen on Bluray last night and the dark scenes looked very clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 14811 Old 05-19-2013, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

I recall owners saying that Auto is OFF, and ON is ON. Strange. wink.gif

Thanks!
post #1623 of 14811 Old 05-19-2013, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
OK,Wednesday 65vt60 be delivered.Got d-nice slides i guess.. put in Custom mode. Anything else make sure on or off? and run 300hrs 24/7 ..or 200 and reg content no bars or static images? i know just for stable the unit..just want to make sure nothing wrong fast..And then do settings ,till pro cal. Any other tips or ideas....ty So excited smile.gif

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #1624 of 14811 Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswrly View Post

OK,Wednesday 65vt60 be delivered.Got d-nice slides i guess.. put in Custom mode. Anything else make sure on or off? and run 300hrs 24/7 ..or 200 and reg content no bars or static images? i know just for stable the unit..just want to make sure nothing wrong fast..And then do settings ,till pro cal. Any other tips or ideas....ty So excited smile.gif
There are no D-Nice settings for your display that I know of. Hold off on black bars and fixed images for the first couple of hundred hours and you'll be fine. If you're getting a professional calibration, the longer you wait, the slower your set will drift from it's calibrated state.

In a forum like this there is no texting limit on characters. It's OK to write complete sentences. wink.gif
post #1625 of 14811 Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:

I personally feel break in is not something that needs to be done, however last I hear 100 hours was fine.....
Denniswrly likes this.
post #1626 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
For anyone who has not had a pro calibration done, Try using the veria remote 2 app and doing a smart calibration yourself with no meter. Its works very well indeed. I tried it in custom and compared it to my pro calibrated pro modes and its great.

Panasonic ZT65
Onkyo HT-R390
Popcorn hour A-400
SKY HD
Xbox One
Xbox 360
IPAD Air 32GB
Samsung Galaxy S4
Virgin Broadband 120MB
post #1627 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjw View Post

For anyone who has not had a pro calibration done, Try using the veria remote 2 app and doing a smart calibration yourself with no meter. Its works very well indeed. I tried it in custom and compared it to my pro calibrated pro modes and its great.
Why does it only get 1 1/2 star rating? :/

MY NAME IS SUE!!! HOW DO YOU DO!!!

"I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it."
post #1628 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Advanced Member

Has anyone purchased their 65vt60 from value electronics?

post #1629 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 03:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Peake View Post

My VT60 is my first plasma, so I have no past experience with burn-in.

I watched Deadliest Catch last week, and there was a bright, annoying "Deadliest Catch - New Episode" logo on the screen for the whole hour. I could see that it had left some IR. So I put on D-Nice's break-in slides and the IR went away after about 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guvadc View Post

This is my experience as well as in IR goes away fast.

I only noticed some IR from my local news station on an all green screen. I ran the built in screen wipe for a minute and it was gone. I then noticed some IR from the tv menu that I had just pulled up on the same green screen that litterally disapated in font of my eyes.

I hope that this continues to be the case in that it is only visable under extreme circumstances and that its easy to wash away.

Thanks. This sounds encouraging. From what you both described, that sounds normal for plasma when IR is cleared within minutes. In my ST it could take weeks or even months to clear IR and even then not all logos were cleared.
My VT60 is on the way and should arrive this week. I keep my fingers crossed it is a good unit. I tend to be a "lemon magnet". smile.gif
post #1630 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
There is pixel flipper and a screen wipe. Use those.

HT 3.1: Panny BDT 220 | 60" Panny VT60 | Marantz AV7005 | Focal CMS50 (L/R), CMS40 & CMS Sub

Stereo system: Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
post #1631 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

So owners of the VT60 aren't getting fan noise? I'm on my second set and hear it pretty significantly

I hear the fans if I have no volume with my room totally quiet. No where near loud but just a light fan sound. I don't really care it is totally quiet since I don't sit in my room with no noise. With the VT60 on even at low volumes, I don't hear the fans at all.
post #1632 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

There are no D-Nice settings for your display that I know of. Hold off on black bars and fixed images for the first couple of hundred hours and you'll be fine. If you're getting a professional calibration, the longer you wait, the slower your set will drift from it's calibrated state.

In a forum like this there is no texting limit on characters. It's OK to write complete sentences. wink.gif
So i want to run slides. Question is on Custom or standard mode any other thing to turn on or off.As i did on last panny just wondered d-nice said 300 hrs .Is that till pro cal u r saying? but atleast 150 hrs on slides.. i know he will have settings but main thing for now is to setup and run slides in right mode etc. ty smile.gif

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #1633 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Liked: 11
I didn't run any slides, break in or anything --- watched hours of ESPN, logo filled TV and haven't noticed any IR ever. You guys have to actually be looking for it or something.
post #1634 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckinbeast View Post

I didn't run any slides, break in or anything --- watched hours of ESPN, logo filled TV and haven't noticed any IR ever. You guys have to actually be looking for it or something.
i think u got a lucky draw on ur panny Grats....smile.gif

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #1635 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So i want to run slides. Question is on Custom or standard mode any other thing to turn on or off.As i did on last panny just wondered d-nice said 300 hrs .Is that till pro cal u r saying? but atleast 150 hrs on slides.. i know he will have settings but main thing for now is to setup and run slides in right mode etc. ty smile.gif

You need to look at the D-nice thread that posts what the settings should be. I believe it is custom mode but it does list how all the settings should be for the slide show. For example, the settings are worded slightly different on the VT60 when it comes to the time duration each slide is displayed before going on to the next slide. The old setting said something like slow, normal or fast where slow was the one listed as the correct setting while the VT60 has short, normal and long. The D-nice settings actually says to put it on Long which makes sense it is displayed the same as slow even though I could see how folks may hit the first one, Short, thinking it is the same as slow but actually the opposite.

Do a search for the settings and should be easy to find, this is how I did it.

Good Luck!
post #1636 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

I know someone asked recently the best settings to use for a non-pro ISF calibration being done. I started out using the THX Cinema setting but after having the display for 1 week using the slides and various TV viewing to burn-in the display, I finally got a chance to plug in the CNET settings. I was a little surprised to see an improvement of the CNET settings over the THX Cinema. Skin tones just look more accurate, really spot on to me. Truthfully I've never owned a display that I was happy with prior to having an ISF calibration performed. I'm sure one would provide that extra pop but to me, I'm in heaven watching this fantastic display. Everything to my eyes looks fantastic. Finally, a plasma that provides everything someone could want visually, no surprise one online review gave it a Reference Award not given since the KURO.

Really I'm shocked at how good the PQ looks, simply amazing. Finally had a chance to watch some blu-ray movies and couldn't believe the clarity of the blu ray movie called The Promise. I bumped up my blu ray's player sharpness to +1 after finding out someone else did this with their player connected to the VT60 display. With this, the movie was so sharp and clear it was like looking into a mirror. My wife and I kept remarking how good the PQ looked. Just drew you into the picture like no other display I've ever owned and I had a Pioneer Elite as one of my past displays. The +1 sharpness bump on my blu ray player didn't add any noise.

It seems some are going on and on about the brightness of the VT60 not being bright enough or not as bright as the VT50 or some other display. I guess a concern if in a bright room. If not which is my case, the VT60 is incredible, a truly reference picture without a doubt. The black level is inky black with great shadow detail. Also watched The Hobbit in blu ray with plenty of dark scenes that all looked amazing. Really one should try out the VT60 in their room to see if okay or not as far as brightness goes instead of listing brightness levels or who measure what and how.

Enjoy!

Cheers!
post #1637 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrobert View Post

You need to look at the D-nice thread that posts what the settings should be. I believe it is custom mode but it does list how all the settings should be for the slide show. For example, the settings are worded slightly different on the VT60 when it comes to the time duration each slide is displayed before going on to the next slide. The old setting said something like slow, normal or fast where slow was the one listed as the correct setting while the VT60 has short, normal and long. The D-nice settings actually says to put it on Long which makes sense it is displayed the same as slow even though I could see how folks may hit the first one, Short, thinking it is the same as slow but actually the opposite.

Good Luck!
Ty smile.gif

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #1638 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrobert View Post

Good Luck!
How do you make a slide show with Dnice slides? Is there a slide show setting on the tv?

post #1639 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM

Liked: 12
I use Evangelo's slides with THX cinema mode, can't see why not?
post #1640 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan1 View Post

I use slides with THX cinema, can't see why not?
Because you are not getting 100 contrast setting , which ages the panels faster than the 60 contrast in THX cinema but it certainly won't hurt your panel .. I just don't understand why you would just use custom I guess
post #1641 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

How do you make a slide show with Dnice slides? Is there a slide show setting on the tv?
Yes there is a slideshow setting one you select the slides off the USB/sd card
post #1642 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Someone replied to this same question I had saying there should be a button on the remote and actually there is that does this automatically. It is located towards the bottom right portion of the remote. Should be easy enough to find with it labeled something with USB.

Hit this button and the display will automatically go into a screen showing different items with the fisrt one, slide show, already being highlighted. Hit enter with slide show highlighted which should already be and the display will then go into the USB drive and display all the various colored slides. If you hit enter once, the slide highlighted will come up on the display. Hit enter again and the slide show will then start. As another FYI, before you start the slide show, you will need to go into the Options menu for it. This lists all the slide show settings. I believe the Options can be selected by one of the colored buttons on the remote, it says it on the display so no worries on which one to select. Once you hit this, it should go into the slide show settings that can be changed according to what D-nice has listed. This is important since the default settings as listed are not correct so some need to be changed. Once this is done, you shouldn't have to go into this unless you want to change something. You hit the menu button as normal to change it to Custom with all the settings as D-nice has listed for it.
post #1643 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM

Ive notice that my contrast adjustment registers no change from about 70 all the way too its maximum of 100 when using a meter.

Is everyone else seeing this?

Or is this something Panasonic needs too look at?
post #1644 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 10:53 AM

Ive notice that my contrast adjustment registers no change from about 70 all the way too its maximum of 100 when using a meter.

post #1645 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 11:13 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrockets View Post

I dont have a meter but it certainly doesnt look to have any affect when going above 75 or so.
post #1646 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan1 View Post

I use Evangelo's slides with THX cinema mode, can't see why not?
Is there a difference in Evangelo's or D-nice slides ? i don't think so but asking. Anyone?

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #1647 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM

Liked: 10
Are there discreet remote codes for specific Picture Modes? Professional 1 and Professional 2 in particular? I have one set for Day and one set for Night and would like to toggle between them w/one button.

Panasonic 60VT60, Integra 9.9, Outlaw Amp, Sunfire EQ10, Liquid cooled Windows 7 Media Center

post #1648 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I dont have a meter but it certainly doesnt look to have any affect when going above 75 or so.

Do you need to go above 75 to get brightness of display calibrated bright enough or just something you noticed during the calibration process? Just wondering even though valid even if calibrated bright enough. smile.gif
post #1649 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrockets View Post

Sorry, I replied to the wrong person with the post above this one.

robbyrockets,

Do you need to go above 75 to get brightness of display calibrated bright enough or just something you noticed during the calibration process? Just wondering even though valid even if calibrated bright enough.
post #1650 of 14811 Old 05-20-2013, 02:19 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Yeah, mine caps at 83. I'm wondering if the firmware is keeping this locked.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page