Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 561 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 250Likes
post #16801 of 16814 Unread 03-15-2017, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post
I had the same issue where my VT60 couldn't be repaired and the warranty company wanted to send me a lesser quality LED. I wasn't happy with their choice so I asked them to send me a check so I could pick out my own set and they did. I was able to purchase a very good LED 4k TV with the money. Good luck. JT
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Take the refund and use it as a downpayment for an LG OLED (or the Sony but prepare to pay more). You will have to pay beaucoup money to get an LCD that will come close to the performance of your dearly departed VT60.
As the saga continues with BWG Warranty Group. I spoke with the rep again this morning and seems they may be willing to work with me a little better but are asking for details/specifics on why/how I feel the LG 65UH8500 LED TV is NOT a comparable TV as a replacement for my plasma... more then just the black levels and smoothness of the natural picture just are not there and a few small minor things I came up with on the fly real quick, there is a ton of articles/reviews showing the only TV that started coming close to a good plasma panel these days is an OLED rather then a regular 4K LED they are trying to push off on me.But whats the best way to explain that to someone looking to get this settled with as little $$ as possible?

Any help with a few bullet items I can use as ammo to hopefully get a little more cash out of them or an actual quality OLED TV model thats close to the $2900 range I paid for the panny would be VERY helpful? Seemed like I was talking to a typical salesman but at the same time may be willing to work with me? I feel as if I can prove with facts the replacement TV is not a true comparison I should get my full refund of purchase price....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16802 of 16814 Unread 03-15-2017, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking00 View Post
As the saga continues with BWG Warranty Group. I spoke with the rep again this morning and seems they may be willing to work with me a little better but are asking for details/specifics on why/how I feel the LG 65UH8500 LED TV is NOT a comparable TV as a replacement for my plasma... more then just the black levels and smoothness of the natural picture just are not there and a few small minor things I came up with on the fly real quick, there is a ton of articles/reviews showing the only TV that started coming close to a good plasma panel these days is an OLED rather then a regular 4K LED they are trying to push off on me.But whats the best way to explain that to someone looking to get this settled with as little $$ as possible?

Any help with a few bullet items I can use as ammo to hopefully get a little more cash out of them or an actual quality OLED TV model thats close to the $2900 range I paid for the panny would be VERY helpful? Seemed like I was talking to a typical salesman but at the same time may be willing to work with me? I feel as if I can prove with facts the replacement TV is not a true comparison I should get my full refund of purchase price....
Just have to tell them that a crappy LED is no way a comparable replacement for a VT60. Give me the money so I can kick in the extra for an LG OLED.
post #16803 of 16814 Unread 03-16-2017, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Ickles View Post
Just have to tell them that a crappy LED is no way a comparable replacement for a VT60. Give me the money so I can kick in the extra for an LG OLED.
Of course that's what I wanna say but most likely will not help the situation right now if there's a chance to get a little better deal out of them.....But may end up telling them that exact statement either way but first wanna try and be civil and present a few facts...

post #16804 of 16814 Unread 03-16-2017, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
I'm trying to use the internet browser on my vt 60 to watch a university hockey game. Me thinks the tv browser needs an updated flash program. How on earth do I do that.

2nd question - same goal. Have a Lenovo laptop with vga to hdmi Trying this as plan a above won't work. So neither will the laptop. I tried hdmi 1 and 3.
Me thinks that it has something to do with the f7 key on the laptop-but no matter the configuration I can't seem to project the laptop to the 65" screen via hdmi 1 or 3

Help

Yamaha HTR-6063- receiver (or RX-V667)
Sony Bdp-s590
Panasonic VT60 65
post #16805 of 16814 Unread 03-17-2017, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 56
If this is something you're going to do a lot, I suggest you get a Chromecast.

Panasonic TC-P60VT60 Plasma • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray Player • Apple TV 4 • Yamaha RX‑A1050 AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 Speaker System
post #16806 of 16814 Unread 03-17-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
If this is something you're going to do a lot, I suggest you get a Chromecast.
that might be a better idea. i can return the $60 vga/hdmi cord and get the chromecast video. then al i would need to do is fugure out how to set it up.

Sony Bdp-s590
Panasonic VT60 65
post #16807 of 16814 Unread 03-17-2017, 05:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimer555 View Post
...2nd question - same goal. Have a Lenovo laptop with vga to hdmi Trying this as plan a above won't work. So neither will the laptop. I tried hdmi 1 and 3. Me thinks that it has something to do with the f7 key on the laptop-but no matter the configuration I can't seem to project the laptop to the 65" screen via hdmi 1 or 3...
Probably is the F7 key not playing nicely. You are holding down the Function key when depressing F7 - right? You could also try using an HDMI port on your AVR, if one is available.

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #16808 of 16814 Unread 03-17-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Probably is the F7 key not playing nicely. You are holding down the Function key when depressing F7 - right? You could also try using an HDMI port on your AVR, if one is available.
the laptop doesn't have an HDMI port.
so after work , i'm returning the $60 VGA/Hdmi cord and will pick up the $40 Chromecast video unit. the game tonight starts at 7pm , so i should have it figured out by then.

Sony Bdp-s590
Panasonic VT60 65
post #16809 of 16814 Unread 03-17-2017, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimer555 View Post
the laptop doesn't have an HDMI port.
so after work , i'm returning the $60 VGA/Hdmi cord and will pick up the $40 Chromecast video unit. the game tonight starts at 7pm , so i should have it figured out by then.
It's very easy. Download the Google Home app. Once the Chromecast is connected, choose it as an SSID from your mobile device. From there you configure onto your WiFI network.

You can also set it up from your laptop using the Chrome browser of course.

https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/

Panasonic TC-P60VT60 Plasma • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray Player • Apple TV 4 • Yamaha RX‑A1050 AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 Speaker System
post #16810 of 16814 Unread 03-17-2017, 06:13 PM

It worked

Thanks for the chromecast suggestion. It worked great and StFx won the game,so all is good.

Next up is the remastered Roy Orbison concert.

Sony Bdp-s590
Panasonic VT60 65
post #16811 of 16814 Unread Yesterday, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Greetings,
I've had my 60VT60 for quite some time now and I am up to 6300 hours or so. Lately I have been noticing increased IR (Very very bad when first turned on) any static pictures (HUDs, Menus in games, etc) even displayed for a small period of time lingers on the display for awhile, also I have noticed severe ghosting or frame blurring during fast motion, extremely noticeable turning quickly in videogames, I have bypassed my receiver, tried different cables to no effect. Is my TV basically on life support and time to pull the plug?
post #16812 of 16814 Unread Yesterday, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmdVT View Post
Greetings,
I've had my 60VT60 for quite some time now and I am up to 6300 hours or so. Lately I have been noticing increased IR (Very very bad when first turned on) any static pictures (HUDs, Menus in games, etc) even displayed for a small period of time lingers on the display for awhile, also I have noticed severe ghosting or frame blurring during fast motion, extremely noticeable turning quickly in videogames, I have bypassed my receiver, tried different cables to no effect. Is my TV basically on life support and time to pull the plug?
I have the 65 inch and I am at 10,000 hours now. I remember the same thing around 6300 hours and just keep going and it will outgrow the problem. I think around 6400 hours mine was good and then it happened again at around 8500-9000. It drives you nuts I know but keep watching it and it will be gone. It also happened like two times up to the point your at. Seems to happen about every 2500 hours or so. I think it's an ageing software thing.
post #16813 of 16814 Unread Yesterday, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If you are having IR issues: Did you try the screen wipe function? You'll find it in menu/picture/screen settings. It might help. Let it run for a while.
post #16814 of 16814 Unread Today, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
the screen wipe only helps with the long term IR, the near term stuff with menus, huds, any static image on there for a short duration happens constantly, and the frame blurring/ghosting is very noticeable and distracting. It's like the pixels can't refresh fast enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread