Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Fredericks View Post

East Coast TV's

http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/Panasonic-Plasma-HDTV-p/tcp60vt60.htm?CartID=1

Everything arrived without a hitch and I'm happy with the deal I got plus a 5 year in-house Mack warranty.

Awesome, Todd. I saw them on that sight but wasn't familiar with East Coast TV's. H ow long did it take from placed order to your doorstep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:

East Coast TV's

Everything arrived without a hitch and I'm happy with the deal I got plus a 5 year in-house Mack warranty.

Tell us more about your buying experience. Did have to buy an expensive warranty?

Scammed By East Coast TVs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMiudAZTDNE
post #183 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oplasmic View Post

Awesome, Todd. I saw them on that sight but wasn't familiar with East Coast TV's. H ow long did it take from placed order to your doorstep?

I ordrered the the TV last Thursday (phone order) and it arrived yesterday afternoon.
post #184 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

Tell us more about your buying experience. Did have to buy an expensive warranty?

Scammed By East Coast TVs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMiudAZTDNE

I'm not sure what your agenda is but please move on to someone else. Thanks!
post #185 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:

I ordrered the the TV last Thursday (phone order) and it arrived yesterday afternoon.

Thanks, Todd. Gives me something to work with.
post #186 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm not sure what your agenda is but please move on to someone else. Thanks!

Hey, why so defensive? Why take it personally? All you had to do is answer the question -- did you have to buy a warranty to get the price?

I've been on this forum for many years and you are the 1st person I've seen who has actually claimed to buy a TV from them. Forgive my cynicism -- it is a projection of too many years on the internet -- has nothing to do with you really except that you have 12 posts and no bio -- and you reacted rather badly to my simple question which was generated by reviews from a simple search.

My apologies -- I did a search of your posts and see that you did buy a 5 year warranty - "Everything arrived without a hitch and I'm happy with the deal I got plus a 5 year in-house Mack warranty"

Of course, those warranties are almost pure profit for the seller -- that's why BB and all of the store push them.

Did you have to buy a warranty to get the good price?

Once I know what the deal is and can make a better decision as to whether to buy from them or not.
post #187 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoor View Post

Been looking at the UK forums and saw this quote from the TPS store calibrator, which has seen both the VT and ZT--"The VT certainly has the same new panel as the ZT, just as said the filter is bonded to it." It caused a lot of confusion, since a EU Panasonic rep said only the ZT has a new panel.

BTW, same comments on the insider posts over at HDJ, which says the ZT panel is unique and new to the rest of the 2013 sets.

Apparently he does not classify the bonding process and a better filter as making it a new panel only for the ZT where Panasonic does.

Anyone have any insights. Perhaps a sloppily definition of what makes a panel new?

Just looked at the amazon link where they have a table comparing the models

It lists both the ZT and VT as having NeoPlasma Black 3000 panel. ST has NeoPlasma Black panel (no 3000). ZT, VT and ST are all listed as having different filters.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P60ST60-60-Inch-Includes-Glasses/dp/B00AVRJK4Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2BZD91RNTVQBO&coliid=IV3GPRN9LGR2T
post #188 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Hey, why so defensive? Why take it personally? All you had to do is answer the question -- did you have to buy a warranty to get the price?

I've been on this forum for many years and you are the 1st person I've seen who has actually claimed to buy a TV from them. Forgive my cynicism -- it is a projection of too many years on the internet -- has nothing to do with you really except that you have 12 posts and no bio -- and you reacted rather badly to my simple question which was generated by reviews from a simple search.

My apologies -- I did a search of your posts and see that you did buy a 5 year warranty - "Everything arrived without a hitch and I'm happy with the deal I got plus a 5 year in-house Mack warranty"

Of course, those warranties are almost pure profit for the seller -- that's why BB and all of the store push them.

Did you have to buy a warranty to get the good price?

Once I know what the deal is and can make a better decision as to whether to buy from them or not.

Defensive? Maybe rethink how you address people? No I didn't have to buy a warranty to get the "good" price and perhaps I really did not like the tone of your question and also the link to a youtube video claiming the store I purchased my tv scams people. The warranty is profit for me if something eventually fails with the TV outside the limited warranty. My money and my decisions. I also use my real name and also I am pretty well known on other sites. So I've answered your question and I think we're done.
post #189 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Damn....I didn't even hear the bell ring........eek.gif
post #190 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Defensive? Maybe rethink how you address people? No I didn't have to buy a warranty to get the "good" price and perhaps I really did not like the tone of your question and also the link to a youtube video claiming the store I purchased my tv scams people. The warranty is profit for me if something eventually fails with the TV outside the limited warranty. My momey and my decisions. I also use my real name and also I am pretty well known on other sites. So I've answered your question and I think we're done.

You can read the "tone" of a question and decide you don't like it -- based on a simple written question? You have 15 posts. You don't post for over a year and before that you didn't post for 5 years -- and you're well known on other forums? You use your real name? Of yeah? Did you like the tone of that? I've seen too many people who show up and all of a sudden start posting about some business and how great they are, claiming to be just regular folks like us and it turns out they're ringers -- scuse me for being a bit suspicious. No reflection on you just a projection of my cynical reality.

Just as an FYI for all -- the Easctcoasttvs return policy - "If there is a problem with the merchandise from the start, that will be caught upon delivery. Upon delivery you, the customer will inspect and test your merchandise for any physical damage or defects. If you find your products to be damaged or defective in any way, the delivery may be refused and replacement merchandise will be shipped to you right away. If the item is delivered and it is not defective or damaged, you will be required to sign the delivery manifest which states the items were delivered in good and working condition. If you have a problem after the items are delivered and the delivery manifest has already been signed we cannot accept a return on the item."

http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/returns.asp

This is from the well regarded Randy Waters from another forum about Eastcoasttvs.com - "No, everything IS NOT rosy! This vendor is very shady - i just busted them on another forum for faking their reviews. I can't believe you actually believe those rediculously positive reviews.

Here's a copy of my post from the other forum - take from it what you will but i'd avoid this vendor completely.

=============================

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
I just looked this vendor up on ResellerRatings.com and they have 17 of the most glowing, detailed, positive reviews i've ever seen for a vendor. And i think they're all faked reviews. They all read like a sales brochure and all but a few of them name East Coast by name at least once which is not something an individual would do. Many of them appear to be written by the same person - very similar reviewing methods etc.

And if you compare these two reviews i pasted below, most of the text is exactly the same word for word but they're from two different reviewers. It all just looks too fake to me, and the reviews only started 6 weeks ago and that's a lot of reviews for such a new and unknown vendor. Lots of vendors post their own fake reviews to get the customer satisfaction rating up and to mislead potential customers. Even some of the best and most popular vendors have some bad reviews, it happens - but East Coast doesn't have a single bad review. Remember a deal that sounds too good to be true usually is a sign of a shady vendor.

Compare these two reviews (which were later removed after they were found to be fraudulent):

Reviewer: wickedchina5
3/20/09 3:09 PM
I received exactly what I ordered and wanted, I love my new TV and I purchased it for the lowest price. The transaction was quick, the customer service rep was wonderful and most importantly my NEW TV arrived in days. I had plenty of time to inspect it, before actually paid for it. That's right, the delivery guy swiped my card after I was absolutely satisfied. I would definitely purchase from this seller again and would highly recommend this seller to my friends, family and also you. Thank you guys...

Reviewer: ssa035
3/10/09 10:43 PM
I received exctly what I ordered, for the lowest price available in the market during that time. The transaction was quick, the service was pleasant and attentive and most importantly the NEW TV arrived in days. I had plenty of time to inspect it, before actually paying for it. That's right, the delivery guy swiped my card after I was absolutely satisfied. I would definitely purchase from this seller again and would recommend this seller to my friends and family.

I thought of something else - there is no way i'm going to let a stranger into my house and let him swipe my credit card into a handheld portable device - i'd be worried that he's stealing my identity and now has my credit card number.

I'd avoid this vendor just for the fake reviews alone. Buyer Beware !

Edit - i contacted ResellerRatings about this and i heard right back that they are going to be contacting the reviewers. Nice!

Another update a few days later:

The ResellerRatings administrator initially identified and removed 3 fraudulent reviews for this scammy vendor, and after more investigation they've removed another 7 fraudulent reviews so their review count dropped from 17 to 7, and i bet more get removed as their investigation continues. This shows that you cannot always just take glowingly good customer reviews as gospel because they're easy to fake and hard to spot until someone (like me) notices a suspicious pattern and reports it.

http://www.highdefforum.com/high-definition-lounge/92023-anybody-deal-east-coast-tvs.html

Peace be with you and if I am wrong I apologize. I'm letting it go now.
post #191 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:

You can read the "tone" of a question and decide you don't like it -- based on a simple written question? You have 15 posts. You don't post for over a year and before that you didn't post for 5 years -- and you're well known on other forums? You use your real name? Of yeah? Did you like the tone of that? I've seen too many people who show up and all of a sudden start posting about some business and how great they are, claiming to be just regular folks like us and it turns out they're ringers -- scuse me for being a bit suspicious. No reflection on you just a projection of my cynical reality.

Peace be with you and if I am wrong I apologize. I'm letting it go now.

Your question did have a tone behind it and your additional comments kind have only supported that. Yes, I like to read on this site rather than post. I think most of my posts were when I was shopping for my previous tv (which was calibrated by Elab/he knows I'm real or maybe he wasn't?/I know the money I paid him was real). I actually find this very amusing. I've never had someone actually question the authenticity of my identifty lke this. If you want to know more about me then look me up on the net. I do not hide behind names and I do not work for TV shops. I'm finding this very funny. Anyway, let's both let it go and move on.

I'm running slides right now and the TV does indeed look very nice sitting on a stand. I'll be able write more when I've got some more hours on it.
post #192 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 03:04 PM

Liked: 16
I thought I would join AVS and jump into this thread since I:
a) also purchased a TCP60VT60
b) ordered it from eastcoasttvs (via telephone)

I have not received it, but I've gotten an email indicating that it's been shipped with the "Express delivery" which they did not charge me for. I was deliberating in my mind about getting a PN60F8500 or TCP60VT60. I recently bought a and returned a PN60E8000 because of the high pitch buzz. and was concerned that the newer version of it would also buzz. In any event, I hope this VT60 is a great set. I'll post when when it arrives and if I have any problems with eastcoasttvs (they only have a 5 day return policy, which is lousy but if this set is as great as I expect it to be; a return won't be necessary)
post #193 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

East Coast TV's

Congrats! That's an incredible price for the 60 inch. Cheaper than what the 55vt60 is currently going for.
post #194 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 04:27 PM

Thanks! A few weeks ago my Samsung DLP was dying a slow death (we think lingering after-effects from Sandy and the power issues/I live in NYC). It was turning itself off every hour or so. So I needed a new TV and after a lot research went for this one. I was lucky with the deal I got but I'm sure the price will go down more in the coming months (from many stores). I just needed it now because the old dying set was driving me a bit nuts. I'm happy with my choice. smile.gif
post #195 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD 
It's when you get to the 65" size that it becomes a tougher decision. Anyone willing to spend $2200+ (65" ST60) on a TV, may very well just spend the extra $700-800 and get the 65" VT60.

Or you can spend $700 less and get the 65S60.
post #196 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 07:17 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

Or you can spend $700 less and get the 65S60.
Very true. I am personally interested in the 3D, design, more hdmi inputs, and "smart" functions of the higher end TVs though. My current tv (Samsung C8000) has these features, and I'm not ready to take a step backwards... Just want a bigger screen (than I currently have). The PQ of the higher end sets are superior as well. The S60 may be the perfect TV for some people, but not for me.
post #197 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXo View Post

I saw one somewhere, but I can't tell you where.
I can tell you that the printed manual doesn't have much information in it, just basic setup and usage info in a bunch of languages, along with the mandatory warnings and limited warranty text.
The actual set has an online manual that goes into more detail, but it doesn't have any specific info on which apps can use the camera...
For what it is worth, the specifications section of the manual lists the camera as F2.0 lens, FOV (D) 50.9" (in HD mode), fixed focus, 1280x720.
I tried to fire up the app store to see if there was a google groups app, but it informed me that is was unavailable due to maintenance or capacity problems. Go figure.
Thanks for the effort to help. If the google app turns out to be accessible thru the TV, then maybe the camera will work with Google Hangout, which is much better than Skype.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #198 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

Very true. I am personally interested in the 3D, design, more hdmi inputs, and "smart" functions of the higher end TVs though. My current tv (Samsung C8000) has these features, and I'm not ready to take a step backwards... Just want a bigger screen (than I currently have). The PQ of the higher end sets are superior as well. The S60 may be the perfect TV for some people, but not for me.

There honestly isn't going to be much difference between sets calibrated in a dark room. They've given the lower models most of the calibration settings this year and blacks are very similar between all models. Certainly not $1400 worth of difference (you could buy two 65S60 for the price of a 65VT60). Everything you listed isn't of interest to me. Don't care about 3D, have an AVR so # of HDMI inputs doesn't matter, use a HTPC. As always, to each their own.
post #199 of 15366 Old 04-18-2013, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Got to see one of these today both at Video Only and at my local Best Buy. Really liked how it looked at Video Only but there was very bright lighting both inside and from outside. The ST60 was still far away doing the 3D demo so no chance to compare the 2 though. At the BB Magnolia section they had one too and I could see it in a bit darker light and was still impressed. Wish I had the spare cash now as VO had the thing for 500 less than BB!

On an off note, I did want to see how low BB was willing to go with their display model 55VT50 as it was in good shape a week and a half ago when I was told that as soon as they sold the last 3 new sets they would be selling that display...but they had already sold it for a nice low price. I was made a nice offer of 1500 for a brand new one, one of the last few they had anywhere around, but at this point I think 60ST60 at the least is better bet for the money.

post #200 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 07:06 AM

Liked: 14
1500 for a 55vt50? I will take it. Please tell me which bb.
post #201 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 46
It was a one time offer from that guy. Guy before him said 1750 was the best he could do. Gotta love the variance at BB stores. It was in the East Bay Area, CA. 10 store all share the same supply, which I guess has only like 2 sets left.

post #202 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 08:14 AM

Liked: 22
Has anyone noticed a line on the right side of their sets like the ST60 folks are seeing? Just want to see if it's a ST60 issue or panasonic issue.

Thanks.
post #203 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM

post #204 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt2000x View Post

Has anyone noticed a line on the right side of their sets like the ST60 folks are seeing? Just want to see if it's a ST60 issue or panasonic issue.

Thanks.

I haven't noticed this. Also, good news, I figired out how to tilt the camera. It would be nice if this was mentioned in the user guide or onscreen help section. Works great.
post #205 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 AM

Not sure why it directed to the 65" but you can select it from the page.
post #206 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oplasmic View Post

Not sure why it directed to the 65" but you can select it from the page.

Keep in mind that is not being sold directly from Amazon but another vendor.

post #207 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Keep in mind that is not being sold directly from Amazon but another vendor.

Seems that the 55" and the 60" are being sold by Amazon and the 65" by Crawford's Superstore.

Crawford's seems to be a reputable dealer though.
post #208 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 01:09 PM

Liked: 14
I just got back from BB and I saw the 60" VT60. Holy crap is it incredible. The stand alone is almost reason enough to buy it (lol). Seriously though, they had it right underneath a 55" Panny LCD -- model # W-something or other. I know it had to be a fairly good LCD because of the price ($1800). The VT simply blew it away. Really! It was so much better in almost every respect it wasn't even funny. I was particularly interested in seeing how bright the VT was. Although it was hard to judge because the magnolia room was fairly dark, it looked to be every bit as bright as the LCD above it. They didn't have the 55" in stock yet but I have to tell you I've never seen any better video panel than the VT60. Looked at a Sharp Elite and an upper end Sony on a perpendicular wall. The Sony had bluish tinged whites and the Sharp had washed out looking colors though the whites were very good on that set. Neither one could compare to the VT, however. The F8500 was too far away for any kind of real A-B comparison which is a shame. It looked very good as I knew it would. The more I look at the huge curved metal base, however, the more I dislike it.

I feel strongly both ways!
post #209 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 PM

Liked: 12
Hi Did BB have pricing on the 60VT60 ? We have a store called HHGreg that will have these nextg week. They indicated there will be no discounting
from the Panasonic MSRP - I had him look up the price and it was $2999.99.

Randy
post #210 of 15366 Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

Thanks for the effort to help. If the google app turns out to be accessible thru the TV, then maybe the camera will work with Google Hangout, which is much better than Skype.

There wasn't a google groups app that I saw. Under the social networking section, I saw only Facebook, twitter and Skype.

Although... maybe if the set does HTML5 you could do it through the browser? No idea.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page