Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2071 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

You guys realize that running slides does not get rid of IR whatsoever, that is just a stupid rumour someone mentioned and got blown out of proportion a long time ago. I can't believe you guys actually have to go to all this trouble when watching sports. I watched from day one, everything all you have to do is vary your content and don't pause for long periods of time the first 300hrs.

WOW, just WOW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrockets View Post

Like ive said in past posts, when your done watching a sporting event, set the tv's timer for 60 minutes, run the slides and go too bed.

You should be good.

Why bother with slides? Just bring up the built in screen wipe and let it run. Its no longer limited to 15 minutes like previous models.

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #2073 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:

You guys realize that running slides does not get rid of IR whatsoever, that is just a stupid rumour someone mentioned and got blown out of proportion a long time ago. I can't believe you guys actually have to go to all this trouble when watching sports. I watched from day one, everything all you have to do is vary your content and don't pause for long periods of time the first 300hrs.

Slides wont get rid of burn in once its happened, that I agree with.

IR is different from burn in.
post #2074 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

That's always a plus I never ever noticed it on mine same with my VT50 what ever I am doing must be good, not a believer in the slides for break in either

I like the slides just to burn through the first few hundred hours fast and to make sure no other issues crop up so I can get Chad out faster to calibrate. smile.gif

post #2075 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

I like the slides just to burn through the first few hundred hours fast and to make sure no other issues crop up so I can get Chad out faster to calibrate. smile.gif

Oh yeah I agree there run them at night but just to get the hours in, that method of break in is no more effective than varying content imo

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #2076 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

Why bother with slides? Just bring up the built in screen wipe and let it run. Its no longer limited to 15 minutes like previous models.

Agreed.
post #2077 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:

Quote:

Oh yeah I agree there run them at night but just to get the hours in, that method of break in is no more effective than varying content imo
Hours is hours.The slides, in David's situation, are convenient because you can put them into an endless unattended loop. smile.gif
post #2078 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Hours is hours.The slides, in David's situation, are convenient because you can put them into an endless unattended loop. smile.gif

As always you are wise my friend smile.gif

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #2079 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrobert View Post

Wow, relax and take a deep breath. smile.gif

I knew the risks since the procedure clearly states it in the beginning. I am confident he can read and decide for himself. I was just letting it be known that I and many others have been using a procedure like this thru quite a few VT models without any issues. The discaimer on the procedure is clear that i wouldn't blame anyone if something went wrong but others might feel different and that is what the courts are for. Isn't that what that court show says, don't take matters into your own hands, take them to court. smile.gif. smile.gif

And exhale

No you missed my point, and that is it can be hazardous to the health of your display.
That said I am not telling anybody what they should or shouldn't do. And no I wasn't trying to single you out.

I know one AVS member that uses a video camera to record everything he does when entering the service menu and others that take screen shoots of every screen they enter before they make any changes or not. .

So peace..

ss.
post #2080 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
The slides are not intended to be used for any other reason than D-Nice's procedure. Use the screen wipe and/or pixel flipper.
sheshechic likes this.

HT 3.1: Panny BDT 220 | 60" Panny VT60 | Marantz AV7005 | Focal CMS50 (L/R), CMS40 & CMS Sub

Stereo system: Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
post #2081 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 137
Quote:

Slides wont get rid of burn in once its happened, that I agree with.

IR is different from burn in.

I have said it many times, some panels are more prone to IR than others. I never said it was a non issue, it is a non issue for me but I realize a lot of people have been unfortunate with IR. I just find it funny that people still believe that running slides will get rid of IR, it won't. It has been confirmed by the man that created the slides. Dnice. They are just used to age and prepare the panel for his calibration settings. If it makes you guys feel better go ahead and slide away every night. Obviously BI in different than IR.rolleyes.gif

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #2082 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

I have said it many times, some panels are more prone to IR than others. I never said it was a non issue, it is for me but I realize a lot of people have been unfortunate with IR. I just find it funny that people still believe that running slides will get rid of IR, it won't. It has been confirmed by the man that created the slides. Dnice. They are just used to age and prepare the panel for his calibration settings. If it makes you guys feel better go ahead and slide away every night. Obviously BI in different than IR.rolleyes.gif

True. I've not noticed any ir with the vt60 that lasted longer than a minute or so, but slides definitely won't get rid of it. Use the screen wipe, pixel flipper, or just use the set normally.
post #2083 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

One of the nice features of the VT60 is there is no time limit for the sweeper, so it will run until you turn it off.

As far as slides go I only run them because of getting some hours on my VT60, before I calibrate. However I also watch full screen Blu Rau movies and run the sweeper.
Once I calibrate I will not use the slides anymore, only the sweeper if I see a little IR from whatever.

The key to getting rid of IR is to use the sweeper before you turn off your display, if you see some IR building up.
Mater of fact for all you folks that are going to have a pro come and calibrate, I would suggest after he leaves run the sweeper. The pattern windows that he/she uses can and probably will cause a little IR.wink.gif .

ss
post #2084 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

Man, those goons over at Best Buy have screwed up my delivery date twice now canceling at the last minute. They were supposed to deliver it again today, then cancelled claiming they cannot find any VT60s anywhere. Might just go elsewhere...getting really tired of it.
I'm telling you, at first they come off like a decent company but when you rely on them for anything they turn into the complete opposite. :/ I won't be making any future purchases with them, I can tell you that much.

MY NAME IS SUE!!! HOW DO YOU DO!!!

"I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it."
post #2085 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

I'm telling you, at first they come off like a decent company but when you rely on them for anything they turn into the complete opposite. :/ I won't be making any future purchases with them, I can tell you that much.

I was "promised" by the manager it will get delivered tomorrow. I cannot imagine a third screw-up, but we'll see.

post #2086 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901 View Post

The slides are not intended to be used for any other reason than D-Nice's procedure. Use the screen wipe and/or pixel flipper.
It's the settings that D-Nice provides for the 100 hours of running the slides, in his procedure, that shouldn't be used elsewhere. The slides are just that -- slides. They can be used for anything that's useful.

In my personal opinion, normal viewing material is better for removing IR than the slides. If I ever have IR to deal with, I'll use something like a 1.78:1 aspect ratio Pixar movie set to loop. They provide a lot of random exercise for IR-ed pixels. biggrin.gif
post #2087 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM
TWD
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 32
AVForums posted a review on the 65VT60/65.

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-VT65-VT60-TX-P65VT65B-P55VT65B-P50VT65B-3D-Plasma-Television-Review_535/Review.html

In addition, the reviewer posted his calibration settings in the comments section.

TWD
post #2088 of 14806 Old 05-29-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:

Wow, that is awesome and very welcome news indeed.

So not sure what you mean by 2 hours of grayscale panel IR? Are you saying you put up a gray slide for 2 hours to intentionally make your white screen seem dirty then do a one minute of break in slides to see all traces of the gray IR disappear? I'm guessing you got the graypanel IR somehow, intentional or not, just wondering more details. smile.gif

Cheers!

Did a grayscale calibration, I meant too say 2 hours of grayscale windows left a window imprint outline on the television, which took a mere minute to wipe clean.

Where as when the television was just mere hours old it took about a half hour too get rid of the ghost image of the IRE windows.
post #2089 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 04:33 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

At the shootout i thought d-nice said the 2013 panasonics have greatly improved IR and is actually better then this years competitor samsung
Yes, that was stated by d-nice during the shootout.
post #2090 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Did a grayscale calibration, I meant too say 2 hours of grayscale windows left a window imprint outline on the television, which took a mere minute to wipe clean.

Where as when the television was just mere hours old it took about a half hour too get rid of the ghost image of the IRE windows.

Thanks for clarifying.

I guess my panel is much more stubborn since I've used the sweeper recently for 3 hours and still see faint letters. Sure hope it improves as my panel gets more hours but even if it doesn't, I don't feel it gets in the way of enjoying an the awesome PQ but more that makes me wonder what will occur when I start watching sports which I haven't done due to wanting to get more hours on it. I thought about exchanging it as a Silver Rewards member with BB since I have 60 days but wonder if really worth it or not since to my eyes, the PQ is spot on.
post #2091 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I found the VT60 better with IR compared to the F8500 and my ST30.

post #2092 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 07:06 AM
TWD
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying.

I guess my panel is much more stubborn since I've used the sweeper recently for 3 hours and still see faint letters. Sure hope it improves as my panel gets more hours but even if it doesn't, I don't feel it gets in the way of enjoying an the awesome PQ but more that makes me wonder what will occur when I start watching sports which I haven't done due to wanting to get more hours on it. I thought about exchanging it as a Silver Rewards member with BB since I have 60 days but wonder if really worth it or not since to my eyes, the PQ is spot on.

If you only see it while running slides, forget about it.

TWD
post #2093 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
So I went I to the service menu and it had 33 minutes and 17 power ons. I got him down to $2200 but the glasses were missing. The picture just seemed okay. I mean the tv was returned for a reason right.

Anyway I decided to walk away from the tv.... I could still go back... Lol

beau
post #2094 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegoer View Post

So I went I to the service menu and it had 33 minutes and 17 power ons. I got him down to $2200 but the glasses were missing. The picture just seemed okay. I mean the tv was returned for a reason right.

Anyway I decided to walk away from the tv.... I could still go back... Lol

How do they accept a return with missing acessories ? Last time I returned something at best buy they went over it with a microscope, Not alot of Plasma experts anymore could have been returned just becasue they never took it out of standard mode, 33 minutes doesn't seem like much time to evaluate anything to me.

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #2095 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

So I won
Quote:

How do they accept a return with missing acessories ? Last time I returned something at best buy they went over it with a microscope, Not alot of Plasma experts anymore could have been returned just becasue they never took it out of standard mode, 33 minutes doesn't seem like much time to evaluate anything to me.
So I wonder why it was returned??

beau
post #2096 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegoer View Post

So I won
So I wonder why it was returned??

Hard to say raally, what picture modes did you view it in. btw not trying to talk you into anything I usually steer clear of open box sets but this sounds like a pretty good deal is it 65" ?

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #2097 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

AVForums posted a review on the 65VT60/65.

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-VT65-VT60-TX-P65VT65B-P55VT65B-P50VT65B-3D-Plasma-Television-Review_535/Review.html

In addition, the reviewer posted his calibration settings in the comments section.

I don't get it ? I thought the ZT and VT had the same black level ? is there any uncertainty about this ??
post #2098 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy202022 View Post

I don't get it ? I thought the ZT and VT had the same black level ? is there any uncertainty about this ??

They have the exact same MLL (at least in the U.S.). The ZT has a more aggressive filter to make blacks appear darker and less reflective in a lighted room.

post #2099 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 AM

So the EU review was just wrong or the EU versus NA units have diff MLL ?
post #2100 of 14806 Old 05-30-2013, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy202022 View Post

So the EU review was just wrong or the EU versus NA units have diff MLL ?

I think its quite possible that the EU units have a different mll.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page