Excellent Smart TV platform

Highly effective remote app

Well designed menus and remote control

Attractive design and excellent build quality
Cons

Some DFC

Stand doesn't swivel

Fans might bother some

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-VT65-VT60-TX-P55VT65B-P50VT65B-P65VT65B-3D-Plasma-TV_507/Review.html

See less See more
#14,824 ·
There is no way to "fix" burn in.

You have image retention, and it will go away over time if you avoid the activity that caused it.

Actually, not really. In reality, you'll wind up with the old retained images + NEW retained images from whatever alternative activity you've chosen. On a solid light grey or yellow screen, I can more or less reconstruct everything I've watched, and every logo that has flashed on the screen, ever since buying the damn thing 18 months ago. Even my wife finds it distracting, and she is not the observant type when it comes to video.

#14,825 ·
Actually, not really. In reality, you'll wind up with the old retained images + NEW retained images from whatever alternative activity you've chosen. On a solid light grey or yellow screen, I can more or less reconstruct everything I've watched, and every logo that has flashed on the screen, ever since buying the damn thing 18 months ago. Even my wife finds it distracting, and she is not the observant type when it comes to video.
Uh yeah he is right, my VT60 behaves nothing like your VT??

#14,826 ·

You may find it distracting, but I find your claim a hard to believe. Everything you've watched in the last 18 months?

#14,827 ·
I'm exaggerating. But there is just a jumble of vague noise on any solid color field, composed of various IR ghosts in differing states of the long, long decay process--particularly in the top corners and left hand margin where 4:3 content leaves it dark frequently and video games tend to locate icons.

#14,828 ·
I'm exaggerating. But there is just a jumble of vague noise on any solid color field, composed of various IR ghosts in differing states of the long, long decay process--particularly in the top corners and left hand margin where 4:3 content leaves it dark frequently and video games tend to locate icons.
Without knowing what your TV habits are, it's impossible to evaluate what you call an "exaggeration".

The first clue is that you are basing your reaction to viewing your screen with selected slides and not from watching normal material from a normal distance.

What I posted is accurate for those who watch a wide mix of material where full screen images aren't always displayed with the same high contrast fixed location logos or menus.

Heavy game play is living on the edge with any plasma.

Enjoy. :)

#14,830 · (Edited)
Wow, this thread has become huge!

I bought my VT60 back in November last year. I still haven't gotten the foam fix but want to get it done. Can anyone tell me how one goes about ordering that service?
Call Panasonic number for service and tell them the fans are loud and you want the foam fix. They'll ask for your serial and determine if the fix was done already. If not, they'll likely refer to a repair tech.

#14,832 ·
I STILL have BURN IN in my 60VT60...

I've tried all these screen wipes on Youtube, I tried the screen wipe built into the TV... It won't go away..

The worst part is it's in the middle of the screen!! Its a little bar. It was from playing Pandora on my Oppo Player. (There's no screen saver on it.) Without realizing that it would burn in.

Does anyone have any fixes for burn in???
I had the E! Channel logo retain on the bottom right of my TV. My girlfriend watches it pretty much every day a few hours a day for the about the last 9 months. It can not be seen with normal viewing but when I checked a white screen it was there. It took 40 hours ( also known as 10 hours for 4 days, lol) of mixed full screen and white washing to get rid of it but it's gone. I'm convinced that if I can get rid of something like that easily after months of repeated viewing than burn in really must either 1. Not exist any more, or 2. Occur from extremely abusive watching habits (ex. Super high contrast ratio of 80 or higher, or the same static image every day all day on your screen, or both combined).

#14,833 ·
Question for any one who uses the THX cinema setting. Do you adjust the contrast or brightness. I like this setting for movie watching since it's easily switched to and automatically shuts the orbiter off and puts it into a full pixel mode, from my CNET settings which I use for TV watching. So like I said I'm wondering if you guys adjust the brightness or contrast a little. I feel the setting is a bit too dark. I think adjusting contrast from 60 to around 68 makes a world of difference. Wondering what others do. Any opinions would be appreciated.

#14,834 ·
I had the E! Channel logo retain on the bottom right of my TV. My girlfriend watches it pretty much every day a few hours a day for the about the last 9 months. It can not be seen with normal viewing but when I checked a white screen it was there. It took 40 hours ( also known as 10 hours for 4 days, lol) of mixed full screen and white washing to get rid of it but it's gone. I'm convinced that if I can get rid of something like that easily after months of repeated viewing than burn in really must either 1. Not exist any more, or 2. Occur from extremely abusive watching habits (ex. Super high contrast ratio of 80 or higher, or the same static image every day all day on your screen, or both combined).
I wonder if there more to this problem than just what people watch on their TV and the settings on their TV. There's a lot of people on this forum that know a hell of lot more about this stuff than I do and they've got IR problems. Not to say smart people don't make stupid mistakes or choices. I just wonder if the TVs with the problem have a voltage issue that's slightly off. With that said, I don't game, didn't run the slides and don't look for IR. I just watch my TV with normal content. Normal contents is lots of football when in season. Plus, wife and daughter watch a lot of Netflicks and Hula. I've notice some occasional IR but nothing major. But I never look for it and don't worry about either. I got more important things to worry about, like what 14 year old boy wants to date my daughter!

I'm at 1600+ hours. No major issues. Don't regret buying my ZT.

#14,835 ·
Question for any one who uses the THX cinema setting. Do you adjust the contrast or brightness. I like this setting for movie watching since it's easily switched to and automatically shuts the orbiter off and puts it into a full pixel mode, from my CNET settings which I use for TV watching. So like I said I'm wondering if you guys adjust the brightness or contrast a little. I feel the setting is a bit too dark. I think adjusting contrast from 60 to around 68 makes a world of difference. Wondering what others do. Any opinions would be appreciated.
I'm running my THX Cinema mode at Contrast 80, Sharpness 20. Everything else the same. I ran it through S&M disc and looked accurate to me. Contrast bump made a huge difference!

#14,836 ·
I wonder if there more to this problem than just what people watch on their TV and the settings on their TV. There's a lot of people on this forum that know a hell of lot more about this stuff than I do and they've got IR problems. Not to say smart people don't make stupid mistakes or choices. I just wonder if the TVs with the problem have a voltage issue that's slightly off. With that said, I don't game, didn't run the slides and don't look for IR. I just watch my TV with normal content. Normal contents is lots of football when in season. Plus, wife and daughter watch a lot of Netflicks and Hula. I've notice some occasional IR but nothing major. But I never look for it and don't worry about either. I got more important things to worry about, like what 14 year old boy wants to date my daughter!

Yeah the problem is my girl friend watched the E! Channel for probably 1000 total hours in the last 9 months. Lol. I'm assuming a slight image retention is going to occur after that. I play games a lot but nothing that ever created IR and I watch tons of letter box movies and 4:3 TV. Again nothing has created IR except the E! Channel and I still got rid of it. So what I am saying is clearly burn in can occur if IR does but it must be from super abusive behavior since I consider my Girls E! watching borderline extreme for a plasma owner. Lol.

#14,837 ·

The great thing about football is that it's on multiple channels each with diffrent logo and score bars. Now baseball is always on your local fox sports net channel with that nasty logo in the upper right corner pre game, during the game and after the game. Ugh

#14,838 ·
The great thing about football is that it's on multiple channels each with diffrent logo and score bars. Now baseball is always on your local fox sports net channel with that nasty logo in the upper right corner pre game, during the game and after the game. Ugh
Unless you watch the Red Zone Channel on D* for 7+ hours every sunday. RZC has it's own graphics and score bar and it does not change. No commercials either. :eek:

#14,839 ·
Unless you watch the Red Zone Channel on D* for 7+ hours every sunday. RZC has it's own graphics and score bar and it does not change. No commercials either. :eek:
Sometimes I take a chance there..., I just can't resist!

Reactions: I WANT MORE