F8500 Recommended Settings Thread..... - Page 121 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > Plasma Flat Panel Displays > F8500 Recommended Settings Thread.....

Plasma Flat Panel Displays

sawzalot's Avatar sawzalot
06:15 PM Liked: 12
post #3601 of 3618
12-24-2014 | Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
since you already admitted to sin, i'm going to make this just a touch more difficult for you

F8500 Recommended Settings Thread.....

don't worry, it's not just a link to the start of this thread
You are right it is not a link to the beginning .. but this is also not a link to any optimal settings either. This thread is just too much to read through to pinpoint specific needs and such a lot of reading by me and I still need to research so much more. My Kuro 500M was about as easy as boiling an egg -D-Nice recommend settings after break in and bam awesome pic. I went with the 64 for only one reason SIZE. Now to dial this beast in.
dsskid's Avatar dsskid
06:56 PM Liked: 190
post #3602 of 3618
12-24-2014 | Posts: 2,948
If you're not going to get a full calibration or utilize a disc, you can Try these.
Set to:
  • movie mode
  • cell light 15
  • contrast 95
  • brightness 46 - 48
  • sharpness 0
  • Color 50
  • Tint G50/R50
  • Color temp Warm 1
  • color space auto,
  • gamma -1 for darker room, 0 for dim light room
  • black optimizer dark room

fierce_gt's Avatar fierce_gt
08:29 PM Liked: 1079
post #3603 of 3618
12-24-2014 | Posts: 4,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzalot View Post
You are right it is not a link to the beginning .. but this is also not a link to any optimal settings either. This thread is just too much to read through to pinpoint specific needs and such a lot of reading by me and I still need to research so much more. My Kuro 500M was about as easy as boiling an egg -D-Nice recommend settings after break in and bam awesome pic. I went with the 64 for only one reason SIZE. Now to dial this beast in.
it's a link to a link of 'optimal starter settings' that I've posted no less than a dozen times in this thread, as recently as maybe 15 posts prior to your original question, and at LEAST 3 times in the last 5 pages.

all you had to do was click the link in the post I linked you to.

I'm trying to be nice, honestly, but it's getting insanely frustrating. the info is literally RIGHT there, all you need to do is read a teeny bit.
08:47 PM Liked: 12
post #3604 of 3618
Quote:
it's a link to a link of 'optimal starter settings' that I've posted no less than a dozen times in this thread, as recently as maybe 15 posts prior to your original question, and at LEAST 3 times in the last 5 pages.

all you had to do was click the link in the post I linked you to.

I'm trying to be nice, honestly, but it's getting insanely frustrating. the info is literally RIGHT there, all you need to do is read a teeny bit.
I read more than just a tiny bit I read half of the thread, Half. I did click on your link and it did not take me to your settings or any others but then again the forum has been acting strange on my FF browser and not going to the various links I click on.I am happy to know that you are trying to be nice, I mean geez I would sure hate to read your posts when you are not trying lol. I on the other hand dont have to" try" as I am nice and never have a problem helping other members of various forums. I did not post that reply because I needed further setting help ( but I do like to see where others are at with the settings) as I will hope to have my panel calibrated as soon as it is installed in my HT. The KURO is residing there now and I am way too busy to move it as of yet.I hope you have a nice day tomorrow I know I will, peace.
DanF8500's Avatar DanF8500
09:14 PM Liked: 222
post #3605 of 3618
12-24-2014 | Posts: 1,376
Quote:
since you already admitted to sin, i'm going to make this just a touch more difficult for you

F8500 Recommended Settings Thread.....

don't worry, it's not just a link to the start of this thread
I see where some might be a little confused about the link you posted above. It takes me to AMartin56's post. In AMartin's post, you have to click on a link from your text that he quoted to get to your "real" recommended settings post. Not sure if that was intended by you, but it seems pretty obvious to me that one has to click on the second link to get to your recommended settings.
09:27 PM Liked: 12
post #3606 of 3618
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post
If you're not going to get a full calibration or utilize a disc, you can Try these.
Set to:
  • movie mode
  • cell light 15
  • contrast 95
  • brightness 46 - 48
  • sharpness 0
  • Color 50
  • Tint G50/R50
  • Color temp Warm 1
  • color space auto,
  • gamma -1 for darker room, 0 for dim light room
  • black optimizer dark room
Thank You for the helpful post I do appreciate it as I am sure many other new owners do as well. This can all get somewhat overwhelming for new owners of the 64 inch because you know as well as I do folks can get worried about doing something wrong and never actually getting the most out of the panel, input the wrong setting. I admit it is easier to ask questions than it is to read through 4000 plus posts in multiple threads but I am a voracious reader and dont really mind so much however it is quite obvious that some folks have had a good amount of time tweaking these babies since they have had them a lot longer than most so I like to see their settings posted and read about their respective thoughts on pq. I will ultimately have this one calibrated and set up to be all it can.
mi3nboi's Avatar mi3nboi
10:28 PM Liked: 10
post #3607 of 3618
12-24-2014 | Posts: 4
Hi, I just got this tv and been searching around but havent found a answer.

How do I enable my bluetooth headphones?
12:35 PM Liked: 1079
post #3608 of 3618
12-25-2014 | Posts: 4,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
I see where some might be a little confused about the link you posted above. It takes me to AMartin56's post. In AMartin's post, you have to click on a link from your text that he quoted to get to your "real" recommended settings post. Not sure if that was intended by you, but it seems pretty obvious to me that one has to click on the second link to get to your recommended settings.
i know, i figured it would be a 'sneaky' way of pointing out the information he was looking for was actually VERY recently posted, or should i say re-posted.

instead of ripping into a guy for asking a question that was re-answered on the previous page, and answered long before, i figured i'd make my point by linking to the link to the re-answer of the answer...

like i said, i wasn't trying to be a total ass, i thought it was obvious what to do, and one extra click shouldn't be too hard. just trying to let of some steam in a 'nicer' way than i felt like doing.

you'll have to forgive me, i teach for a living, and have to deal with 'helpless' students that want me to answer questions for them when it's literally right in the notes i just handed them. so it's already an area of frustration for me just coming in here.

anyway, hopefully he's found what he wanted, that's the important part. if not, here's a link to all my posts of 'basic settings' and 'calibrations i've posted in here: F8500 Recommended Settings Thread..... (i believe they are in order of newest to oldest)
wxman's Avatar wxman
12:54 PM Liked: 258
post #3609 of 3618
12-25-2014 | Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi3nboi View Post
Hi, I just got this tv and been searching around but havent found a answer.

How do I enable my bluetooth headphones?
I believe you have to go into settings, sound and enable soundshare.
mi3nboi's Avatar mi3nboi
01:55 PM Liked: 10
post #3610 of 3618
12-25-2014 | Posts: 4
I trioed but it doesnt show up on the list.
AMartin56's Avatar AMartin56
02:09 PM Liked: 70
post #3611 of 3618
12-25-2014 | Posts: 1,224
I'm not sure if it supports headphones. Might be mouse and keyboard only. I've only personally added a keyboard.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316
05:49 AM Liked: 892
post #3612 of 3618
Today | Posts: 3,428
Have a question about using HCFR. I am trying to set my gamma to 2.2. I can get all my errors below the 3 delta but the gamma is tracking closer to 2.4/2.5. What do I need to do to get it more in line with 2.2 if my errors are already below the delta error level?
bmcn
07:21 AM Liked: 7
post #3613 of 3618
Today | Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
Have a question about using HCFR. I am trying to set my gamma to 2.2. I can get all my errors below the 3 delta but the gamma is tracking closer to 2.4/2.5. What do I need to do to get it more in line with 2.2 if my errors are already below the delta error level?
From my limited experience, either increasing the Gamma setting to +1 or increasing the 10 pt. G values will lower measured gamma and increase luminance.

Changing the 10 pt G values will change the dE's, so R&B needs to be adjusted at each point you change G values.

Good Luck.
paligap's Avatar paligap
10:47 AM Liked: 15
post #3614 of 3618
Today | Posts: 338
Is there some reason that the 3D=>2D option in the 3D menu would automatically be set to "on"? Every time I play a 3D blu-ray, I have to go into the menu and turn that feature off.
01:54 PM Liked: 1079
post #3615 of 3618
Today | Posts: 4,924
Quote:
there's two ways to adjust gamma
-change the gamma control, haha. more + is brighter(so lower gamma number), if you're already at +3...
-change the RGB equally in the 10pt controls. you may run into issues where one of your colors is already at its limit, so you may have to fiddle around more if that happens. find out where your limits are.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316
02:22 PM Liked: 892
post #3616 of 3618
Today | Posts: 3,428
Quote:
there's two ways to adjust gamma
-change the gamma control, haha. more + is brighter(so lower gamma number), if you're already at +3...
-change the RGB equally in the 10pt controls. you may run into issues where one of your colors is already at its limit, so you may have to fiddle around more if that happens. find out where your limits are.
OK, so if I move every thing equal in the 10pt controls the DE will remain exactly the same at each level and only change the gamma to higher or lower depending on which way I go?

I was calibrating at gamma level set to zero. If I go +1 will everything move equally or will I need to recalibrate the 10pt again if I switch to +1.
AMartin56's Avatar AMartin56
02:31 PM Liked: 70
post #3617 of 3618
Today | Posts: 1,224
Quote:
OK, so if I move every thing equal in the 10pt controls the DE will remain exactly the same at each level and only change the gamma to higher or lower depending on which way I go?

I was calibrating at gamma level set to zero. If I go +1 will everything move equally or will I need to recalibrate the 10pt again if I switch to +1.
Well it might vary a little from reading to reading but that is normal. For the most part it would remain the same. You won't need to start completely over.

Set gamma at the setting that gets the majority of your points near the target. 0 should be around 2.3...+1 would be closest to 2.2.

Dont chase a perfect chart. Less is more when it comes to adjustments. Look at the actual numbers. HCFR will show gamma targets at each point if you expand the grayscale measures view to show more rows. You can get close and have good results. Perfection is not required.
02:50 PM Liked: 1079
post #3618 of 3618
Today | Posts: 4,924
Quote:

basically...

but nothing is ever perfect, so you will have to make some minor tweaks after either change
Tags: Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv

Gear in this thread
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread