Forum Jump: 
post #3601 of 3607 Unread Today, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
since you already admitted to sin, i'm going to make this just a touch more difficult for you

F8500 Recommended Settings Thread.....

don't worry, it's not just a link to the start of this thread
You are right it is not a link to the beginning .. but this is also not a link to any optimal settings either. This thread is just too much to read through to pinpoint specific needs and such a lot of reading by me and I still need to research so much more. My Kuro 500M was about as easy as boiling an egg -D-Nice recommend settings after break in and bam awesome pic. I went with the 64 for only one reason SIZE. Now to dial this beast in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3602 of 3607 Unread Today, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 189
If you're not going to get a full calibration or utilize a disc, you can Try these.
Set to:
  • movie mode
  • cell light 15
  • contrast 95
  • brightness 46 - 48
  • sharpness 0
  • Color 50
  • Tint G50/R50
  • Color temp Warm 1
  • color space auto,
  • gamma -1 for darker room, 0 for dim light room
  • black optimizer dark room
AMartin56 and sawzalot like this.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #3603 of 3607 Unread Today, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked: 1073
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzalot View Post
You are right it is not a link to the beginning .. but this is also not a link to any optimal settings either. This thread is just too much to read through to pinpoint specific needs and such a lot of reading by me and I still need to research so much more. My Kuro 500M was about as easy as boiling an egg -D-Nice recommend settings after break in and bam awesome pic. I went with the 64 for only one reason SIZE. Now to dial this beast in.
it's a link to a link of 'optimal starter settings' that I've posted no less than a dozen times in this thread, as recently as maybe 15 posts prior to your original question, and at LEAST 3 times in the last 5 pages.

all you had to do was click the link in the post I linked you to.

I'm trying to be nice, honestly, but it's getting insanely frustrating. the info is literally RIGHT there, all you need to do is read a teeny bit.
AMartin56 and sawzalot like this.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #3604 of 3607 Unread Today, 08:47 PM

Quote:
it's a link to a link of 'optimal starter settings' that I've posted no less than a dozen times in this thread, as recently as maybe 15 posts prior to your original question, and at LEAST 3 times in the last 5 pages.

all you had to do was click the link in the post I linked you to.

I'm trying to be nice, honestly, but it's getting insanely frustrating. the info is literally RIGHT there, all you need to do is read a teeny bit.
I read more than just a tiny bit I read half of the thread, Half. I did click on your link and it did not take me to your settings or any others but then again the forum has been acting strange on my FF browser and not going to the various links I click on.I am happy to know that you are trying to be nice, I mean geez I would sure hate to read your posts when you are not trying lol. I on the other hand dont have to act as I am nice and never have a problem helping other members of various forums. I did not post that reply because I needed further setting help ( but I do like to see where others are at with the settings) as I will hope to have my panel calibrated as soon as it is installed in my HT. The KURO is residing there now and I am way too busy to move it as of yet.I hope you have a nice day tomorrow I know I will, peace.

Last edited by sawzalot; Today at 09:31 PM.
post #3605 of 3607 Unread Today, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
since you already admitted to sin, i'm going to make this just a touch more difficult for you

F8500 Recommended Settings Thread.....

don't worry, it's not just a link to the start of this thread
I see where some might be a little confused about the link you posted above. It takes me to AMartin56's post. In AMartin's post, you have to click on a link from your text that he quoted to get to your "real" recommended settings post. Not sure if that was intended by you, but it seems pretty obvious to me that one has to click on the second link to get to your recommended settings.
post #3606 of 3607 Unread Today, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post
If you're not going to get a full calibration or utilize a disc, you can Try these.
Set to:
  • movie mode
  • cell light 15
  • contrast 95
  • brightness 46 - 48
  • sharpness 0
  • Color 50
  • Tint G50/R50
  • Color temp Warm 1
  • color space auto,
  • gamma -1 for darker room, 0 for dim light room
  • black optimizer dark room
Thank You for the helpful post I do appreciate it as I am sure many other new owners do as well. This can all get somewhat overwhelming for new owners of the 64 inch because you know as well as I do folks can get worried about doing something wrong and never actually getting the most out of the panel, input the wrong setting. I admit it is easier to ask questions than it is to read through 4000 plus posts in multiple threads but I am a voracious reader and dont really mind so much however it is quite obvious that some folks have had a good amount of time tweaking these babies since they have had them a lot longer than most so I like to see their settings posted and read about their respective thoughts on pq. I will ultimately have this one calibrated and set up to be all it can.
post #3607 of 3607 Unread Today, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how to enable Bluetooth Headphones

Hi, I just got this tv and been searching around but havent found a answer.

How do I enable my bluetooth headphones?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page