Old Today, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1040 Post(s)
Liked: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
So how would I run the saturation sweeps different from what I have done already? I noticed everyone talking about using 75% and 100%. Can you go into some detail about this and what needs to be done in HCFR to accomplish whatever it is I need to accomplish.
it doesn't appear that you've run saturation sweeps at all??

the idea is that having accurate color at 100% means very little if it's not accurate at 25-75% where most of the stuff we actually watch is. so run the sweeps and adjust the cms so that the dE's from 25-75% are the lowest. in some cases(almost for sure with red) you'll end up with higher dE at 100%

so, what I would do, run the 100% colors test, then run saturation for all colors. then go through one color at a time, running the saturation sweeps and adjusting the cms until you have the lowest dE's for the whole range(focus on 25-75%). once you've done all colors, go back and rerun 100% color, and all saturation sweeps to make sure nothing interfered with other colors.

that being said, fix your gamma FIRST, because if you do the color, and then go adjust the gamma, you're gonna have to redo color again anyway.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
So how would I run the saturation sweeps different from what I have done already? I noticed everyone talking about using 75% and 100%. Can you go into some detail about this and what needs to be done in HCFR to accomplish whatever it is I need to accomplish.

I am using the AVS HD disc for my patterns if that matters.

I probably could have tweaked some things better but at 5:30am I could not keep my eyes open anymore and could not do another run through. LOL. Getting the gamma near 2.2 was being a PITA. I just read a post of your this morning about changing the greens in the 10pt which might help as I was under the impression we should not touch it. I think I might actually look to calibrate closer to 2.4 tonight, that is if I can stay awake another night.

I also set color to 57 before calibrating as recommended by a few people here.

Thanks for the help!

This is what I did:

Change Target Color Space is HCFR to 75/75

Run 75/75 test patterns on GCD Disc

Adjust CMS to these patterns.

Change color space back to HCFR default

Run color and saturation sweeps with 100% color windows onAVS 709

Run color checker on GCD.

Lower saturations should line up better. J

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread