Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2560 Old 10-23-2014, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the info.

TV looks great. turned off all out of box features, etc.. but when watching blu ray something looks off - there's some constant flickering mostly in brighter scenes and it seems like there's some motion issues (motion judder canceler is OFF) every 5 seconds or so.. anyone else experiencing this?
post #2553 of 2560 Old 10-23-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaden Alexander View Post
Thanks for the info.

TV looks great. turned off all out of box features, etc.. but when watching blu ray something looks off - there's some constant flickering mostly in brighter scenes and it seems like there's some motion issues (motion judder canceler is OFF) every 5 seconds or so.. anyone else experiencing this?
I believe it has something to do with the Cinema smooth option - too bas as I was counting on using it when watching film content on blu ray. Is this common in all sets or should I exchange it while still in guarantee
post #2554 of 2560 Old 10-23-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanAVGuy View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Strjock81 

Fellas I'm having some motion issues with this set I can't figure out. Watching any content with action scenes or camera pans or video type stuff with unstable footage like someone carrying a camera around just kills me and my wife's eyes.

I've tried both film modes and have turned it off today which may have helped but not sure as I haven't had much chance to watch the specific stuff I have been having trouble with. I really don't want to then the motion judder control on because I hate that effect but I'm at a loss here.

I've never had issues with motion on my previous Samsung plasma and the 58C7000 I still have upstairs. Using DirecTV mostly. Only difference is I am running the feed through a Marantz SR7007 on this panel versus straight in on the C7000. The processing is turned off on the receiver and the set is receiving 1080i/60. I have a darbee in the feed to the tv but have had the issues with and without it. Finally got fed up watching a dvr recording of "Now You See Me" last night that had us both rubbing our eyes after every action scene.

Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn ON Cinema Smooth - If your watching 1080p/24 content which most blu-rays are,
                                     That way you get proper Film Cadence of 4:4 to display @96hz/24p

Turn OFF Cinema Smooth - If your watching regular content like Satellite TV & DVD sources.
                                     This setting uses 2:3 Pull-down to display @60hz/30p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember when you Turn Off Cinema Smooth in Film Mode it turns On Motion Judder Canceler
even thou it says Off. So you will have to turn MJC On and then Off again because of a FirmWare Bug.

By default the Motion Judder Canceler is set to Standard in all
preset picture modes. This feature is best Turned Off for Film based content,
because it creates unnatural movement and lessens natural background blur aka
(The Soap Opera Effect). But it brings Live Sports and 3D programming content to life,
by doing it's job and getting rid of judder with minimal negative effects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRMWARE:

(Ver. 1112.1)
- Solves Floating Black Error when Cinema Smooth in ON

(Ver. 1116.1)
- Solves swipe motion could not move the picture to next picture.
- Solves Network Connection issue with Wireless router.
- Solves Brightness Popping issue.
- Supports more MSO in OnTV feature.
- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.

(Ver. 1116.1 & 1119.1 are the same as stated by Samsung Reps)

ps: Don't forget to ALWAYS unplug ALL HDMI's before Updating Firmware!
      as this can cause other issues to occur as stated in Owners Manual.
Is this the same issue?? with cinema smooth on the image flickers a lot specially on brighter scenes and it seems like it skips a frame every few seconds.

Should i exchange the set?
Thanks
post #2555 of 2560 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
my god, LOL

how does everyone remember what settings to use when?

is it stupid to just use the WOW cal right out of the box then just watch full screen content, then maybe tweak from there is need be?

it sounds like right when you get it, go to movie mode, warm 1, turn everything off but cinemas smooth?

anything else?

Last edited by Breathing Borla; Yesterday at 03:01 PM.
post #2556 of 2560 Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathing Borla View Post
my god, LOL

how does everyone remember what settings to use when?

is it stupid to just use the WOW cal right out of the box then just watch full screen content, then maybe tweak from there is need be?

it sounds like right when you get it, go to movie mode, warm 1, turn everything off but cinemas smooth?

anything else?
that's not stupid, that's exactly what you should do imo.

I only run two 'settings' hdmi1 is set up for best(most accurate) picture quality for watching movies, tv, etc. HDMI2 is set up for the best image I could get while using 'pc mode', and I use it solely for gaming. it's a small hit in image quality, but a big gain in overall enjoyment for gaming.

other than that, I would like my movies, tv, sports, heck even surfing the web, to all be as 'accurate' as possible, which to me means using the same calibration settings.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #2557 of 2560 Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
yes, set the gamma slider so that you are close to what you want and then finish with the 10 pt.
Well, I just finished my second attempt. I tried setting the gamma to -1 to offset the high gamma on the low end from my first attempt but I still ran out of room in a few places in the 10pt. So, I ended up scanning all 10pts to find the outliers and then I tweaked the 2pt on the set to get as close as possible without introducing any other outliers on the other points. Then I just tweaked each point as best I could.

How does it look compared to the first?

P.S. - I tried using the colorchecker workflow but it kept erroring at the start. It first asked for 100% white but then asked for it again and errored.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1st Attempt.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	329321   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd Attempt.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	329329  

LNT-4665F
T-TULPAUS0-1036, Aug 24 2007
T-TULPAUS5-1011 CS[D652] [46(AMV)-inch]

PS3
XBOX 360
Crappy Sound Reciever
post #2558 of 2560 Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
that's not stupid, that's exactly what you should do imo.

I only run two 'settings' hdmi1 is set up for best(most accurate) picture quality for watching movies, tv, etc. HDMI2 is set up for the best image I could get while using 'pc mode', and I use it solely for gaming. it's a small hit in image quality, but a big gain in overall enjoyment for gaming.

other than that, I would like my movies, tv, sports, heck even surfing the web, to all be as 'accurate' as possible, which to me means using the same calibration settings.

It's definitely an advantage to buy an hdmi throughput receiver. I have my PC, 360, and PS3 all through the same input. The crappy thing about the F8500 is that the smart features are so good I end up using the TV's native apps to watch Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc but it has it's own separate input with it's own display settings. I was thinking about converting the AVS iso to .mkv so I could calibrate it through a flashdrive but for now I am just copying the settings from my receivers input.

LNT-4665F

PS3
XBOX 360
Crappy Sound Reciever
post #2559 of 2560 Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Finally figured out my calibration problems, my C3 meter was futzing out trying to measure black, manually set calman to .003fl for black and tv calibrated beautifully. Perfect bt.1886 and all colors are damn perfect. Love this set.
post #2560 of 2560 Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
Finally figured out my calibration problems, my C3 meter was futzing out trying to measure black, manually set calman to .003fl for black and tv calibrated beautifully. Perfect bt.1886 and all colors are damn perfect. Love this set.
Post your report bro.

LNT-4665F

PS3
XBOX 360
Crappy Sound Reciever
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn51f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version