Calibrator - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
What is the best way to find a calibrator who is known for doing a goob job (currently near Memphis)? In th past I've looked and not only is it nearly impossible to find one who has much about them, but it's hard to even find one LISTED at all, let alone a good one. And even the certifications probably mean very little, as even Best Buy people suppsoedly have cettifications and someone in this forum posts a lot of misinformation, for example, so you obviously can't just assume any calibrator is great. D-nice obviously has a good reputation, but beyond him I've seen really a lot of them who are obviously not worth using and whatnot and then any in my area, who knows who might be good. Seems like i saw one listed in a thread here before, but then couldn't find him now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 595
There is a Display Calibration section of the forums, start your search there. They have a thread where Calibrators list the area they mainly service. Some do travel however in which case they may serve occasionally outside thier main area.....As far as DNice there is a reason why he is well know and respected in the forums. You can then do a search as there is another threaad dedicated to Calibrator reviews.

As far as your issue with people goes, I cnt help you there, I have seen good advice given to you (call for repair) and you asking for more detailed information which no one can give you without a picture or actually seeing teh set in person. While sometimes this site can be good for information, sometimes regardless of how you explain it, visual aide is needed. If your TV is not as dark as you think it should be, then call support\repair and they will ask you questions usually before making a determination if they need to come out and fix your TV.

No one can tell you EXACTLY what to say we are not you and we are not seeing what you are. Until someone gets either hands on or you post a picture we are of minimal help.....
post #3 of 7 Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 AM

Liked: 10
I seem to recall that Chad B. makes stops in TN for calibrations. I've hired him each time I've bought a new HDTV (both Panasonic plasmas which I still use) and would hire him again as he does excellent work. If you're interested, he has a website HDTV by Chad B. where you can schedule an appt. There's also a section in AVS about ISF calibrators with user reviews which is how I first heard about Chad and other calibrators.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Chad B is outstanding.

post #5 of 7 Old 04-11-2013, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I remember Chad B being mentioned before. Hopefully he does come here.

I looked for a forum before posting this thread, but somehow missed it apparently. I thought there was one and then when I didn't see it figured I mixed this site up with some other.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by somelogin View Post

Yes, I remember Chad B being mentioned before. Hopefully he does come here.

I looked for a forum before posting this thread, but somehow missed it apparently. I thought there was one and then when I didn't see it figured I mixed this site up with some other.

Click the drop down and look for Display Calibration it will be in the in the same section as this one wink.gif
post #7 of 7 Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Ha ok thanks. I looked at the others for this, but somehow didn't see it (back then).
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page