post #2 of 17 Old 04-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 93
14 blinks:
IROM SOS (ROM in Peaks IC) cause A-Board, P-Board

One of A-Board or P-Board needs replacing. You can use a digital multimeter to check the P-Board voltages and rule that out; that leaves the A-Board as a potential cause.

If you need a service manual, I will upload one.
post #3 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have the same TV, replaced the A board, didn't fix it, replaced the P board... still didn't fix it! Tried old A board w/new P/board, no luck either.

It powers on with no display using the power button (will not respond to remote) and displays nothing. Have to hold the power button to turn it off, when I turn it on again, I get the 14 blink code...

Any suggestions what could be wrong? Did I buy a faulty replacement part?

post #4 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Yes it's quite possible you got a bad A board.
The error code is 95% A-board, 5% P-board.

Now, most parts you buy from the internet are reclaimed, from cracked screen TVs, figures many people get annoyed that their big screen is a 14 blinker and smash it then take it to the recycler. And they don't seem to test any of their parts.
post #5 of 17 Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket6151 View Post

Panasonic Plasma 2011 TC-P42ST30
Any idea what is the problem? Can a shade tree
mechanic repair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669 View Post

14 blinks:

One of A-Board or P-Board needs replacing. You can use a digital multimeter to check the P-Board voltages and rule that out; that leaves the A-Board as a potential cause.

Any chance the SS board could be bad, according to this thread?

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #6 of 17 Old 10-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Hmm, I do not know. Best to let someone more experienced chime in, as I haven't worked on a newer Panasonic yet only newer Samsung sets.
post #7 of 17 Old 10-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Basically, the idea from that thread was a faulty SS board was damaging the SN boards, and replacing the SS board (and the SN board too if required) fixes the problem and prevents frying the SN board, and the A board and P board are not faulty to begin with?

The seller of the A-Board suggested this:

"disconnect the sn2 connector off the sn board and check to test if it is shorted or not with an Ohm meter. This
is a very common problem with this model television."

To be honest, I'm not even certain how to test any of these components. I think the SN and SS board were inexpensive. To do what was suggested I guess I'd hook the multimeter to different prongs of the plug on the SN board and see if there is a connection between them that shows no resistance?

post #8 of 17 Old 10-18-2013, 03:56 AM
Advanced Member

That's the general idea. You use the 200 ohm range on a digital multimeter and do the test after the TV has been unplugged for 30 minutes or more.
post #9 of 17 Old 10-19-2013, 11:45 PM

so the SN2 connector does come up as shorted. I'm not sure how to interpret the resistance readings from other plug ports but none are shorted that are connected to the power board.

I ordered an SS board, I'll see if that helps. The SN board is just not available. There are SN repair kits tho-that worth trying? What is shorted on the SN board?

post #10 of 17 Old 10-19-2013, 11:53 PM

With the SS board disconnected and SN connected, I get 14 blinks. With SS connected and SN disconnected, I get 8. Does that mean anything?

post #11 of 17 Old 10-30-2013, 05:51 PM

So the new SN board came today. I already installed the new SS board. Got image (with horizontal black lines) for a few seconds, then pop-now I'm back to 14 blinks. WTF?

post #12 of 17 Old 01-05-2014, 11:31 AM

Liked: 11

Greetings Impfac and 14 blinks Panasonic Plasma 2011 thread:  I am in this same boat, attempting to repair a family TC-P42S30, 2011 edition.  Solid red power lamp changes to 14 blinks if you hold the power button 5 secs (which I now believe maybe you should not do according to what I later learned in the flowchart pdf below).  Steps I have taken so far:  Without meter testing I figured power board and replaced that - no change.  Then I tried a new A board on "good advice" - again, no change.  Then I went ahead and carefully followed detailed troubleshooting trees in this pdf guide I happily located ->  

2011 - FHD Plasma TV

Technical Guide & Troubleshooting Flowchart

2011- Plasma FHD TV – (14th Generation)

This led me to determine I had a "Vsus" short on this board: Panasonic TXNSN1PKUU SN Board.  I suspect this is a correct diagnosis because this board is out of stock in every one of about 15 sites I checked.  I eventually did locate a unit misfiled at ShopJimmy and I ordered and installed this.  RESULT:  No change but Vsus was shorted on this replacement board too.  Conclusion is ShopJimmy board had same defect so they took it back for a refund (free shipping and so forth and they were very nice and very helpful).  Next up?  I suppose I need to send my SN board to one of those places that claims they can repair these exact boards.  We shall see.  Any thread readers have any experience doing this sort of repair work?  Please let me know if you get a sec.  Thanks!  I'll update this thread if I have more news on this sad chapter in Panasonic's miserable Plasma industry end game. (I hear they are getting out of Plasma entirely, oh well.)  Cheers.  ~ @kgo81

dRwOOD73 likes this.
post #13 of 17 Old 01-18-2014, 01:45 PM

This model TV is taking us all down. I have the same 14 blink error. mad.gif I've replaced two boards with no change at all. I'm down to swapping out the TXNSN1PKUU SN board but I can't find one anywhere. I suppose the only way one is going to become available is if someone scraps their unit as I doubt Panasonic is making any more parts for this machine right? If anyone knows of a source for the board I've noted please give a heads up. Thanks.

- Subdude212
post #14 of 17 Old 01-21-2014, 08:12 AM

Try ModusLink PTS. I purchased a SC board for my 55VT30 there. That board shows as in stock and is $160.
post #15 of 17 Old 01-21-2014, 09:53 PM

Liked: 11

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/cart.php shows that board out of stock as of Jan 22, 2014.  They are offering a repair and return service which I may avail myself of.  Need to sort out market for this service and success evidence, if any.  Anyone have experience anywhere shipping this board out for repair and getting this TV running again?

post #16 of 17 Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 AM

Liked: 12
kgo81 - That is a great pdf document that you posted, thanks. Although my 42x3 is still in operation, I like be ready for any possibilites.. I hope you are able to find a solution for your unit.

post #17 of 17 Old 05-12-2014, 10:02 AM
dsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669 View Post

14 blinks:

If you need a service manual, I will upload one.

Has anyone replaced items on the P board?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P42st30 42 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page