Samsung PN64F5500 vs PN64E7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wirelessroute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been debating between PN64E7000 and Panasonic 65ST60., trying to justify spending $400-500 more for the ST60, then found Samsung has the F5500 out for 2013. Went to Samsung site which is no help in determining the difference between the 2
Anyone can help me out ? Seeing some deals for PN64E7000 in $1800 range and ST60 is still above $2200
wirelessroute is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Been debating between PN64E7000 and Panasonic 65ST60., trying to justify spending $400-500 more for the ST60, then found Samsung has the F5500 out for 2013. Went to Samsung site which is no help in determining the difference between the 2
Anyone can help me out ? Seeing some deals for PN64E7000 in $1800 range and ST60 is still above $2200
I currently have the PN60E7000 which is being exchanged for an 60ST60 today under warranty replacement so not because I did not like the e7000. They just did not have any more in stock to replace it.

The e7000 is an awesome set. The picture is fantastic and I have no complaints at all. Some people that watch hockey say there are brightness pops but I do not watch hockey so cannot comment on that.

I can let you know later what I think of the ST60 compared to the e7000 but I cannot see it being worth that much more money for it. At least in my head I am not expecting the ST60 to really exceed or even equal the Sammy but who knows, maybe I will be surprised and have a different opinion later.

The funny thing is my wife who couldn't care less about TV's always has a pretty good eye for things that usually matches what the majority of people say so I will also get her buy in as well. We did go see it in the store yesterday quickly and I will say ascetically she was not a fan of the silver trimming so it already has a strike against it. lol
eric3316 is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wirelessroute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey thanks for the info! I don't think the ST60 chrome bezel is that bad. What happened to your E7000? I keep reading about issue with buzzing and quality issues, maybe I should spend the extra money for ST60???

My rant for the day:
What is the most frustrating thing is that I've gone to 6 stores in my area now. BB and HHgregg. On Sunday I went to BB they had 1 of 4 3D demo's working (LG passive was working). I walked around for 15 minutes and browsed TV's not a single sales person asked me if I had questions or needed help (It was not busy). I left and went to HHgregg, was quickly approached by someone in the empty store. I asked the sales person if they had an Active 3D TV I could view from Panasonic or Samsung. The sales guy said " We don't have any glasses".... Really! I walked around with him for a bit and then I asked how do you get people to buy the tv's if they can't demo the 3D. The sales guys said " People buy these and don't even know they come with 3D" I was shocked at his ridiculous comment and left. Just stinks I can't even window shop these models because my local stores are so disorganized and sales people lack proper information to help buyer make an informed decision. Plus they don;t calibrate them so one tv my look better than another just comparing two pictures.
wirelessroute is offline  
post #4 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,442
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Hey thanks for the info! I don't think the ST60 chrome bezel is that bad. What happened to your E7000? I keep reading about issue with buzzing and quality issues, maybe I should spend the extra money for ST60???

My rant for the day:
What is the most frustrating thing is that I've gone to 6 stores in my area now. BB and HHgregg. On Sunday I went to BB they had 1 of 4 3D demo's working (LG passive was working). I walked around for 15 minutes and browsed TV's not a single sales person asked me if I had questions or needed help (It was not busy). I left and went to HHgregg, was quickly approached by someone in the empty store. I asked the sales person if they had an Active 3D TV I could view from Panasonic or Samsung. The sales guy said " We don't have any glasses".... Really! I walked around with him for a bit and then I asked how do you get people to buy the tv's if they can't demo the 3D. The sales guys said " People buy these and don't even know they come with 3D" I was shocked at his ridiculous comment and left. Just stinks I can't even window shop these models because my local stores are so disorganized and sales people lack proper information to help buyer make an informed decision. Plus they don;t calibrate them so one tv my look better than another just comparing two pictures.

I totoally understand your frustration wink.gif what happens is a few bad apples ruin it for teh rest of the people. Best Buy used to ahve remotes availabel all of the time, now they hide them becasue people tend to walk away with the remotes. THe sales staff is uniformed or misinformed most of the time, sometiems this is due to thier training, some of it is just a lack of caring......I understand about customer not knowing the set has 3D however, most people jsut want a nice looking TV and really dont pay attention to the features OR dont care enough about them to test it all out at the store. Then you have to think about all of the different people that would be wearing the glasses and the germs associated with that lol.....

The ST60 is a GREAT set form reports so far. The performance levels are exceedingly good for a TV at that price. As far as issues go every TV has them you just have to decide what you are willing to live with. Since its still early on in the ST60s life we probably have fewer reports, give it time and the problem reports will come, just a nature of the forums wink.gif You would probably be happier with either TV in the end. What I may suggest is you could get the E7000 and then ahve it professionally calibrated for probably the same price as the ST60. Also you may be able to get that E7000 price down since they are trying to get rid of inventory.....
Ph8te is online now  
post #5 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
I was sold the TV as a recent open box return but it ended up being a year old floor model. It had over 3,000 hours on it and the screen was ruined from all widescreen material they probably played on it. Anyway, the extended warranty was going to replace the panel but they could not get the panel or another e7000 so was told to pick out another TV.

I do know in general screen burn in is not really a problem on the e7000 and it is suposse to handle this very well. Who knows if the burn in would have went away over time but I was not willing to find out.

As far as buzz. My TV's buzz is not heard over any normal volume of the TV playing. If you listen for it when nothing is on then you can hear it. Definitley not a big deal for more. The TV is on a stand about a foot off the wall so that can also play a role in how much buzz you hear or don't hear.

The 3d on the set works great. I do not see any cross talk and even the 2d-3d conversion works well although I do not use that feature. Also Sasmung's smart features are probably the best of any TV. They also offer an evolution kit, although looks to be a little pricey that will update your smart features to the latest.

I am upset with giving up this TV, I don't know why but I feel like it might be a downgrade. Maybe the regular retail price of each TV has me feeling this way as the pn60e7000 retailed for much higher and was a BB Magnolia TV compared to the ST which is thrown into the overly bright room of LED domination. I guess it is the you get what you pay for mantality I have.

I was originally having the 60GT50 delivered today but the ST60 sounds like it supasses the GT in most area's. I am giving up a dual core for a single core which I beleiev the ST is. Shouldn't make that much of a big deal hopefully.

The good thing is I am dealing with a great manager at Best Buy. Said if I don't like the ST for any reason or if my wife can't stand the silver we will find something else. I don't think the silver is a big deal and it will surely not influence my decision on the TV.
eric3316 is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wirelessroute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One retailer had E7000 for $1799 shipped this week, was tempted to jump on it but thinking as the next few months go by they may get bit more desperate to dump the older models, what do you think ?
Was also nervous about reliability of Samsung
wirelessroute is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
AdamHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

I was sold the TV as a recent open box return but it ended up being a year old floor model. It had over 3,000 hours on it and the screen was ruined from all widescreen material they probably played on it. Anyway, the extended warranty was going to replace the panel but they could not get the panel or another e7000 so was told to pick out another TV.

I do know in general screen burn in is not really a problem on the e7000 and it is suposse to handle this very well. Who knows if the burn in would have went away over time but I was not willing to find out.

As far as buzz. My TV's buzz is not heard over any normal volume of the TV playing. If you listen for it when nothing is on then you can hear it. Definitley not a big deal for more. The TV is on a stand about a foot off the wall so that can also play a role in how much buzz you hear or don't hear.

The 3d on the set works great. I do not see any cross talk and even the 2d-3d conversion works well although I do not use that feature. Also Sasmung's smart features are probably the best of any TV. They also offer an evolution kit, although looks to be a little pricey that will update your smart features to the latest.

I am upset with giving up this TV, I don't know why but I feel like it might be a downgrade. Maybe the regular retail price of each TV has me feeling this way as the pn60e7000 retailed for much higher and was a BB Magnolia TV compared to the ST which is thrown into the overly bright room of LED domination. I guess it is the you get what you pay for mantality I have.

I was originally having the 60GT50 delivered today but the ST60 sounds like it supasses the GT in most area's. I am giving up a dual core for a single core which I beleiev the ST is. Shouldn't make that much of a big deal hopefully.

The good thing is I am dealing with a great manager at Best Buy. Said if I don't like the ST for any reason or if my wife can't stand the silver we will find something else. I don't think the silver is a big deal and it will surely not influence my decision on the TV.

Definitely don't feel like you are getting a "downgrade" with the ST60. I was looking into getting a 64" 2012 Samsung (an E8000, actually) because of the current blowout prices. My 2 choices were between the 64" E8000 and the 65" ST60. I researched and compared for hours, as well as compared picture quality between the two in person. I ALSO talked to David Katzmaier (CNET) via email to get his professional opinion. On picture quality alone the ST60 wins. Only TVs that will beat it are the F8500 (and some say the ST60 is actually better) and the VT60 and ZT60. Katzmaier also confirmed with me that the PQ on the ST60 beats the E8000/E7000, and is basically the exact same quality as last years VT50 (Which won "best picture" by almost every outlet last year). Now, as far as bells and whistles, the Samsung(s) win. That did not make a difference to me though, as almost any "feature" or "app" the TV has built in is better on the PS3/Xbox 360.... and will be WAY better on the PS4 & New Xbox, that will be out in November this year. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. When you are talking 60" especially, at $1499 the ST60 is just the best TV for the money.... hands down.
AdamHD is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

One retailer had E7000 for $1799 shipped this week, was tempted to jump on it but thinking as the next few months go by they may get bit more desperate to dump the older models, what do you think ?
Was also nervous about reliability of Samsung
Wait to long and you just might be SOL. Also, see Adam's post below. Some good info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

Definitely don't feel like you are getting a "downgrade" with the ST60. I was looking into getting a 64" 2012 Samsung (an E8000, actually) because of the current blowout prices. My 2 choices were between the 64" E8000 and the 65" ST60. I researched and compared for hours, as well as compared picture quality between the two in person. I ALSO talked to David Katzmaier (CNET) via email to get his professional opinion. On picture quality alone the ST60 wins. Only TVs that will beat it are the F8500 (and some say the ST60 is actually better) and the VT60 and ZT60. Katzmaier also confirmed with me that the PQ on the ST60 beats the E8000/E7000, and is basically the exact same quality as last years VT50 (Which won "best picture" by almost every outlet last year). Now, as far as bells and whistles, the Samsung(s) win. That did not make a difference to me though, as almost any "feature" or "app" the TV has built in is better on the PS3/Xbox 360.... and will be WAY better on the PS4 & New Xbox, that will be out in November this year. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. When you are talking 60" especially, at $1499 the ST60 is just the best TV for the money.... hands down.
Thanks for that info. It is good to know that the picture should at least be equal to or better then the Sammy it is replacing. PQ is really my main concern. Any apps I use are on the Panny and I also have a PS3. I hope the 3d is good on the ST60 but I won't sacrifice a 2d picture for some better 3d. As long as the 3d is decent that will be okay with me.

Just got my ST60 delivered and said goodbye to the e7000. The picture on the ST60 does look real nice. Very sharp and has nice color pop. Only watched it for a few minutes so will have a better idea later on how it compares. As far as buzz, it is a plasma. With the volume turned off and running slides I hear it. Obviously louder on white screens. Won't sway my decision. It is not overly loud but will give a opinion on that while watching actual TV. I don't really care how it effects a silent picture. lol
eric3316 is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Okay, after watching a little bit on the ST60, I can say the picture seems to be just as good if not better then the e7000. Haven't watched enough different content to make a full comparison but so far the pq seems great.

Is it worth $400 - $500 more then the e7000? Tough question and really depends on your financial situation. I personally would be happy with the e7000 and saving $500.

The wife thinks the pictures on both look great and she would be happy with either one. I was wriring this there was just a black screen with some white writing on it. Asked her what she thought of the black level. Her response was the TV looks like it is turned off. lol

She hates the way the ST60 looks. Her term was the silver trim looks way to gaudy. I don't mind it. What I do not like about the bezel is it has a worse glare during the day then the actual TV itself. Sound was definitley better on the Samsung if that matters at all.

At the same price I would probably say the ST60. It is newer, will have more talk going on about and looks to have the better black levels. If you can afford the difference I would guess more people would recommend the ST60.

Let's put it this way. With a 65" e7000 or ST60 you will be in pretty good shape. If I notice other things I will post it up. My mind changes a lot.

I know you mentioned the F5500 in your first post. I don't believe that would be in the same category as these 2 TV's so that would not be looking at that if these 2 are affordable to you.
eric3316 is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
AdamHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post


Is it worth $400 - $500 more then the e7000?

Wait, You got a 60" E7000 for $1000??
AdamHD is offline  
post #11 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

Wait, You got a 60" E7000 for $1000??
I was commenting on what the OP was saying about spending $400 - $500 more on an ST60 but yes, I paid under $1000 for a floor model pn60e7000. It had problems and got it swapped out for a BNIB ST60. No one would believe me what I ended up paying for this thing. lol
eric3316 is offline  
post #12 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wirelessroute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Okay, after watching a little bit on the ST60, I can say the picture seems to be just as good if not better then the e7000. Haven't watched enough different content to make a full comparison but so far the pq seems great.

Is it worth $400 - $500 more then the e7000? Tough question and really depends on your financial situation. I personally would be happy with the e7000 and saving $500.

The wife thinks the pictures on both look great and she would be happy with either one. I was wriring this there was just a black screen with some white writing on it. Asked her what she thought of the black level. Her response was the TV looks like it is turned off. lol

She hates the way the ST60 looks. Her term was the silver trim looks way to gaudy. I don't mind it. What I do not like about the bezel is it has a worse glare during the day then the actual TV itself. Sound was definitley better on the Samsung if that matters at all.

At the same price I would probably say the ST60. It is newer, will have more talk going on about and looks to have the better black levels. If you can afford the difference I would guess more people would recommend the ST60.

Let's put it this way. With a 65" e7000 or ST60 you will be in pretty good shape. If I notice other things I will post it up. My mind changes a lot.

I know you mentioned the F5500 in your first post. I don't believe that would be in the same category as these 2 TV's so that would not be looking at that if these 2 are affordable to you.

Eric I appreciate your feedback. I might hold out for prices to decrease on the 65ST60 unless I can snag a 64E7000 in the 1500-1600 range.
You did get a 65 inch right ? do you notice a difference in size going from 64 to 65, probably not since its less then inch. Love to hear your feedback on 3d Samsungs vs Panasonic, that would be a big decision sway for me wink.gif
wirelessroute is offline  
post #13 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
 
AdamHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

I was commenting on what the OP was saying about spending $400 - $500 more on an ST60 but yes, I paid under $1000 for a floor model pn60e7000. It had problems and got it swapped out for a BNIB ST60. No one would believe me what I ended up paying for this thing. lol
Oh ok. Gotcha. Yeah, that was a pretty killer deal! Haha. Still think you'll be happier with the ST60 though. Keep us posted.
AdamHD is offline  
post #14 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Eric I appreciate your feedback. I might hold out for prices to decrease on the 65ST60 unless I can snag a 64E7000 in the 1500-1600 range.
You did get a 65 inch right ? do you notice a difference in size going from 64 to 65, probably not since its less then inch. Love to hear your feedback on 3d Samsungs vs Panasonic, that would be a big decision sway for me wink.gif
I wish I got the 65" but I got the 60". I don't think 64 to 65 is that big of a deal. It is probably less then an inch anyway if you look a the actual measurement.

I quickly tried the 3d before with Avatar. At first the Panasonic 3d seemed off when things moved fast. After changing some settings around it started to look better but required some tru-motion to be put on.

Just watched some more and all cross-talk was gone after playing with the settings while in 3d. Looked pretty good. Also feels like more came out of the screen......
eric3316 is offline  
post #15 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wirelessroute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How would you say it compares to the Samsung ? Cross Talk, smoothness etc, Glasses weight and comfort?

How is the transition from 64 to 60 ? I am been debating between the the 60 vs 64/65 inch since the price difference is big between the two.
wirelessroute is offline  
post #16 of 23 Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

How would you say it compares to the Samsung ? Cross Talk, smoothness etc, Glasses weight and comfort?

How is the transition from 64 to 60 ? I am been debating between the the 60 vs 64/65 inch since the price difference is big between the two.
After adjusting a few things I think it actully looked a little better then the Samsung while watching Avatar. I would not choose either TV based on the 3d. They both work fine.

The glasses the Panasonic come with are light and comfortable. If you wear prescription glasses they fit but kind of fall off.

I also have the Samsung $20 glasses, 5100GB I believe which are fine as well. Also got to keep 2 pairs of Samsung glasses they gave me with the Samsung TV. They weren't the ones that shipped with the TV and are a better rechargeable model. I like those the best followed by the $20 Samsung's. Only because these fit over prescription glasses better. Otherwise the Panasonic glasses are great.

I never had a 64". I went from a 8 year old 52" JVC HD-dila to a 55" LG 7600 LED for a few weeks, then the Samsung in a 60" to the ST60 in a 60". I did go through other LG 55" inch LED models below the 7600 as well. Oh yeah, I had also tried an LG plasma as well, the 60" 6700 2012 model.

I actually never wore glasses before but decided I needed to finally get them because it was hard to see the 3d and I was needing to squint. Much better with glasses now. Lol

TBH, with all the stellar reviews that keep coming out for the ST60, you might regret not getting it but like I said, both TV'S are good. Some people would rather go bigger and maybe sacrifice a little pq to do so. You just have to decide what is more important to you. The Samsung is no slouch either way, just a bit older.
eric3316 is offline  
post #17 of 23 Old 04-23-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wirelessroute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can you tell me if the Bezel is lot larger on the Samsung or Panasonci Width, thickness etc.
wirelessroute is offline  
post #18 of 23 Old 04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Can you tell me if the Bezel is lot larger on the Samsung or Panasonci Width, thickness etc.
They are actually pretty similar size bezels by eye and they are both pretty thin TV's. They might actually measure about the same. The Samsung has a more classy look to it but some really hate the stand on the Samsung. I didn't mind it. Also, the Samsung swiveled while the Panasonic does not. If you are hanging it then that is irrelevant anyway.
eric3316 is offline  
post #19 of 23 Old 04-23-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

How would you say it compares to the Samsung ? Cross Talk, smoothness etc, Glasses weight and comfort?

How is the transition from 64 to 60 ? I am been debating between the the 60 vs 64/65 inch since the price difference is big between the two.
Okay, watched some more 3d and I am really liking the Panasonic. I feel like you need to turn on motion smoother to make it look good without cross talk but the field of depth and pop out from the screen look a little better I think.

I will say there was no issue of crosstalk on the Samsung and didn't need to play with the settings.
eric3316 is offline  
post #20 of 23 Old 04-23-2013, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wirelessroute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am going to see if some of the retailers are desperate to get rid of their 64e7000 yet seen some prices down to $1800-1900. If they can get me in at $1500-1600 I am in for one. The 65ST60 is still at $2200-2300 so that's $600-700 more not sure if its worth it based on what your saying slightly higher PQ I would probably never notice. Also read some reviews from Amazon said something the tv's are very close in PQ and appearance. That leave me with price
wirelessroute is offline  
post #21 of 23 Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Newbie
 
FusionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed the topic was "Samsung PN64F5500 vs PN64E7000", yet I have not seen much response on the F5500. Is it still too new for any input or just not nearly as good? Just bringing it up as I am looking to compare the E8000 and F5500 in 64" and didn't want to start a new very similar thread.

I currently have a ~5 year old Samsung 58" plasma and have had no issues and was wanting to upgrade to one the the mentioned tvs. Like the OP said Samsung's web site was less than helpful. It didn't even mention that they both have dual-core processors.

Does anyone have input on the F5500 (as it is within $10 of the E8000 on Amazon right now)?
FusionX is offline  
post #22 of 23 Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post

I noticed the topic was "Samsung PN64F5500 vs PN64E7000", yet I have not seen much response on the F5500. Is it still too new for any input or just not nearly as good? Just bringing it up as I am looking to compare the E8000 and F5500 in 64" and didn't want to start a new very similar thread.

I currently have a ~5 year old Samsung 58" plasma and have had no issues and was wanting to upgrade to one the the mentioned tvs. Like the OP said Samsung's web site was less than helpful. It didn't even mention that they both have dual-core processors.

Does anyone have input on the F5500 (as it is within $10 of the E8000 on Amazon right now)?
Are you contemplating the same size in each TV? I would definitely say the e8000. There isn't much on the f5500 yet but I cannot see it being better then the e8000. I did hear the f5500 has a very glossy screen. The e8000 handles glare extremely well. The e8000 has an evolution port which well allow you to upgrade the smart features to the latest and greatest for years to come. At a small price of course but the option is there.
FusionX likes this.
eric3316 is offline  
post #23 of 23 Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Newbie
 
FusionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes 64" for both. Thanks for the info.
FusionX is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn64e7000 64 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off