S60 or S64 or ST60 or VT60 or maybe ZT60......oh yeah 60" or 65"???? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 96 Old 09-22-2013, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
that right,I was just going to buy a clearance vt50 until I couldn't find one, and read the st60 pretty much matched its performance. 29.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 10-09-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Do you guys think there is a significant difference in picture quality between the VT60 and the S60/S64 in a basement with small windows blacked out, white ceilings, dark tan/brown walls, beige carpet? The S's are appealing because I can afford a 65" and they have the the lowest input lag, but I I don't want to give up picture quality.
post #93 of 96 Old 10-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
I've never seen an ST or VT, but I just got a 65S60, and it's spectacular. With the announcement of Panansonic getting out of the plasma market though, I'd anticipate prices will drop, especially over the thanksgiving holiday, so an ST or VT might drop low enough.
post #94 of 96 Old 10-09-2013, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontyrees View Post

I've never seen an ST or VT, but I just got a 65S60, and it's spectacular. With the announcement of Panansonic getting out of the plasma market though, I'd anticipate prices will drop, especially over the thanksgiving holiday, so an ST or VT might drop low enough.

not sure about that? I mean they'll likely drop because they always do this time of year, but i'm thinking the announcement of Panasonic not making more plasmas would only increase the demand. now not only are ppl buying a new tv for this year, but they are buying it for next year, or maybe even the year after that. I can tell you, if I was on fence about whether or not I was going to get a new tv this year or next year, I wouldn't be waiting any longer

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #95 of 96 Old 10-14-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Akin View Post

Which one to choose? One thing I think I can say for sure...there is no wrong choice. Heck, I didn't even know where I should post this, so I just thought I would start a new thread. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. confused.gif

One thing I have figured out, I think I would pick the S64 over the S60, if they become available in my area. The 65" is the same price as the 60" ST. For a 65" model, which is what I want and need, that's just a great value.

If I want to spend more, I think I would choose the VT over the ST just for looks alone. I mean I'm being honest, who doesn't like it when your friends say "man that's a great looking TV" when it's not even on yet. I have always liked those thin bezels on the LED's. I bet the 201X model will have no bezel at all.

And then there's the ZT......there's just something good about knowing you have the best plasma of 2013, but will I or anyone watching at my house be able to tell the difference between the ZT or S series?

Can't forget about the Samsung 8500 either. I haven't seen any of these sets but I'm sure the Samsung will be right there with the Panasonic's.

For those of you who have made your decision already, congrats and I would love to hear your thoughts on why you chose the set you did.

This is driving me crazy....but I love it! wink.gif

I'm in the EXACT same boat. What did you end up doing?
post #96 of 96 Old 11-08-2013, 07:04 PM

Same boat here - my 65" Rear projection is long due for a replacement. I figure I'll go 75 now, but the "cheapest" i can find is the Samsung 75F7100. Then there's the ZT60 which keeps me at my current 65", but supposedly the best picture, possible? This is in a basement, so lighting is not an issue, but again I've never owned a plasma. Is the 600Hz in a Plasma really worth staying with 65"? I only buy large screen tvs once a decade. smile.gif

Help!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page