Fix or replace dilemma. Pioneer Elite Pro HD1150 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, turning to this group for some advice.

Last weekend my Elite Plasma display went down where after 5 minutes or so the display would shut down and the blue led power button would cycle 14 times repeatedly. After a little research it appears to be a problem with the Home Media Gallery circuit board. I called the local Pioneer service center and they said they could come out and take a look and likely the repair would cost me in the neighborhood of $400.00.

I really like this display and although it is 5 years old, it has relatively few hours on it as it is not used everyday. My concern is that this may just be the beginning of more failures to come. Putting $400 into it and getting another couple of years out of it would be acceptable but on the other hand, I don't want to be making calls to the service center every 6 months for another board replacement.

Would I be better off getting a new display. I've been out of the game for awhile and don't know much about the newer displays. Plasma, LCD, LED and so on. What's changed, pros and cons of different types and models. I can say that I'm disappointed that my Pioneer didn't give me more trouble free years as I own two other "cheap" Olevia panels that are older and used every day that haven't given me any trouble whatsoever.

This display is used for general tv watching, movies thru PS3, and gaming. Audio runs directly through my Elite SC-07 Receiver.

So I am asking you guys for opinions on whether or not to repair or replace and what should I be looking for as a replacement if that is the way I end up going.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts and recommendations.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 106
A "Home Media Gallery" circuit? Sounds awfully specific. If you can locate the part they think is at fault, installation can be trivial, and the cost is typically much lower.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page