Pioneer Elite PDP-506PU Plasma Display Problem - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2013, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
While operating normal, my Pioneer Elite PDP-506PU Plasma Display, which is the Display part of the Elite PRO-1130HD two piece plasma TV system, suddenly went Blank Screen and has gone into what is know as the "Trap Mode" to protect itself. This is some kind on internal latch that prevents turn on. The Display will no longer turn on --- AND the red light on the front panel continuously blinks three times which is apparently an indicator of what is wrong. I tried all kinds of combos etc. to unlatch "The Trap". I do NOT have the service manual for the PDP-506PU Plasma Display.

IF you have the PDP-506PU service manual ---- please take a look and advise:
1. What does the three blinking lights indicate ??
2. How can I reset and unlatch "The Trap", hopefully using the Remote ?? If it fails again I will know it is a real failure instead of some random one of a kind soft failure, like low line voltage etc., that forced it into the Trap Mode which disables the Plasma Display.

Unit was purchased in 2006 before Pioneer exited the Plasma TV market.

Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks Randy. I am trying all combos. No luck yet. BUT --- Looks like one or several PC Boards in the Plasma Display have failed -- preventing TYrap Switch reset.. Expensive fix --- unit is 7 years old.

I may have to get new Panasonic Plasma --- like TC-PxxST60 or TC-PxxVT60

Thanks again. CharlesG