Recommendations for a ~40" Display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

A few years ago I was in the market for a "big screen" TV -- I wanted to get my parents something nice. I finally settled on a Plasma 65" Panasonic. It has been (and hopefully will continue to be) a great investment. I visited them this past February and everything about the TV still looks stellar.

Anyways, I am thinking of buying my first TV for my place... something probably around 40". I don't really watch much TV (virtually everything I do is through the computer/Internet)...but sometimes when I have company over it is nice to watch a movie/sports together as a group.

What would you recommend? Plasma vs LCD? My main issue with the LCDs IIRC was they had some oddity about how they couldn't render black colors...or their clarity was skewed at various viewing angles? I don't really remember the details and I suspect some of that may have improved over the last few years... I want something that is going to last.

Thanks for your input.
CR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 467
In that size range your only good option is the Panasonic TC-P42S60. Nothing else in this size range will come close to it's PQ.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page