Any idea why switching between certain picture modes results in screen going black and display aspect ration being shown? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2013, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Hey there, although I love the t.v., it kind of drives me nuts when I switch between programs ( using this as home theater pc display ) the screen goes black for a second and it displays the " display " tab in the upper left hand corner, as if I'm switching between inputs? Even if I just try to fast forward through a youtube clip, the TV acts as if I'm switching from HDMI 2 to DVI / HDMI 1, and pauses with a black screen between screens... I've tried plugging in to both the above hdmi slots and it still does the same thing.. I'm running HDMI out from the PC into my DENON 1913 game input, then hdmi out from my AVR to the TV.. I can live with it, but it's ANNOYING... Then again it might have more to do with the relationship between my AVR and the tv then the TV itself... hmm..

Denon X4000 / Onkyo M282 amp
2 x PSB T6, 4 x PSB B5, 2 x PSB B4, 1 x PSB C5
2 x Rythmik LV12r
Dual Turntable
HTPC / gaming PC
Samsung PN60e530 Plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-04-2013, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 82
It's perfectly normal. Any time you change channels or resolution (or just about anything else) a new HDMI "handshake" is required. The more HDMI devices in the chain the more complicated the new handshake is because all devices have to re-handshake. It's one of those things you just have to get used to. It's one of the downsides of how HDMI works.

post #3 of 3 Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

It's perfectly normal. Any time you change channels or resolution (or just about anything else) a new HDMI "handshake" is required. The more HDMI devices in the chain the more complicated the new handshake is because all devices have to re-handshake. It's one of those things you just have to get used to. It's one of the downsides of how HDMI works.

Oh, well that sucks.. but at least I know it's not a setting I've got wrong. Thanks for the info smile.gif

Denon X4000 / Onkyo M282 amp
2 x PSB T6, 4 x PSB B5, 2 x PSB B4, 1 x PSB C5
2 x Rythmik LV12r
Dual Turntable
HTPC / gaming PC
Samsung PN60e530 Plasma
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page