Forgive the revival of an old thread, but I have some questions that maybe a member is just waiting to answer!
A few of the settings for the model 64" specifically I would like to know more about what they actually do. Way back when in the bad old RPTV days I knew my Toshiba settings forwards and backwards. I have had this set for several years and for one reason or another never spent much time in the picture settings.
1. Do the preset modes change anything other than just a preset curve? In the aforementioned RPTV days selecting MOVIE turned off a setting (SVM) that was not accessible from any other menu.
2. Dynamic Contrast, what does it actually do?? I have read the Samsung propaganda but would like to know what it actually does.
3. Black Tone, same request as #2
4. RGB Only mode, I see it limits the color to the base colors, for calibration I assume?
5. Color Space has two choices: native and auto. What effect does each have?
6. Digital Clean View. I was able to find some info on this while searching, seems to be designed to reduce digital noise in native digital sources. Is this correct? Any downsides?
7. MPEG noise filter. Another I was able to find info on if it is correct. Was designed to reduce artifacts that show up in analog sources. Probably almost irrelevant for most people.
8. Film Mode, I would imagine has to do with the way interlaced sources are converted to progressive. If so which settings are geared toward which sources?
9. Black Optimizer, I would think this is similar to a preset mode that makes changes to Contrast and Brightness (and others?). Any benefits or downsides?
Thanks to all,