what do you think?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-09-2013, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My 55GT 30 stopped working and had the 7 flashes. No warranty (only 14 months old) and I wasn't waiting a week for a tech to come out, order parts then wait another week for parts to show up and be down for 2-3 weeks for my tv to be up and running gain. I just bought and upgraded to a new 55VT50 to replace it. I already have another 50" panasonic plasma downstairs and have no intention of repairing this one. You guys think I can stick it in my garage sale for $100-150 and someone can use it as parts or have it rapaired?? Fairly new 1400.00 tv with a seven red flash issue???/ Thoughts?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-09-2013, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrjnky View Post

My 55GT 30 stopped working and had the 7 flashes. No warranty (only 14 months old) and I wasn't waiting a week for a tech to come out, order parts then wait another week for parts to show up and be down for 2-3 weeks for my tv to be up and running gain. I just bought and upgraded to a new 55VT50 to replace it. I already have another 50" panasonic plasma downstairs and have no intention of repairing this one. You guys think I can stick it in my garage sale for $100-150 and someone can use it as parts or have it rapaired?? Fairly new 1400.00 tv with a seven red flash issue???/ Thoughts?? Thanks

I think that repair is just a board swap I would try to get more out of it than that, and welcome to the VT50 club I think you'll be pleased smile.gif

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #3 of 6 Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 104
You can get most of the parts off a GT30 from Panny's website pretty cheap.

http://www.pstc.panasonic.com/Epartr/PartslistChoice.asp

Type TCPxxGT30 (xx is the size of the GT30 you have) in the box on the right then click list parts by model under it. Scroll down to the PC Boards section. Most of them are relatively cheap. tom669 may be able to help you diagnose which board is causing the problem. If it's one of the cheaper boards, then I'd 'say just get the part. If it's the power board or A board, those will be a little more expensive, the 2 boards listed for $100 plus.
post #4 of 6 Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
looks like if you bought ALL the boards it would run someone 427.00. My guess is it's probably one of the power boards. The 2 of them run around 258.00 together. I don't want to mess with it! I have no plans of opening this thing up! Maybe I will put 300.00 on the TV in my garage sale and see what happens. I'm not in a high dollar area if you know what I mean. A lot of lower income and a lot of farmers. I still have the box that my VT50 came in so someone could more easily transport it as well.

post #5 of 6 Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Not a power board. 7 blinks is SC, SD or SU, and the SD/SU can be eliminated with a little jumper on pin block SC50. SU and SD total won't set you back more than $100, if they're not rare parts.

Panasonic are REALLY nice to repair. They rarely go wrong (boo, less experience and easy fixes for me like Samsung) but they have a very nice diagnostics feature which essentially tells you exactly where the problem is, even down to the circuit level.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrjnky View Post

My 55GT 30 stopped working and had the 7 flashes. No warranty (only 14 months old).....

Did you happen to buy this TV with a good credit card that automatically adds one year to the factory warranty and pays for repairs during year #2? Lots of people don't realize their card has this feature so if you're unsure, check into it.

Failing that, there have been many people here (probably over a dozen in the past several years) who have contacted Panasonic when their TV failed a month or two after the warranty expired and explained that their expensive TV should not fail right after the warranty expires and Panasonic covered all or part of the repair cost under Customer Goodwill.

I'd give them a call and very nicely ask that they stand behind their product and cover the repairs. You have nothing to lose at this point.

PS - You should use a more descriptive subject line - people tend to skip over such posts because there's no indication of what it's about. Something like "Panasonic GT30 stopped working - 7 flashes" would attract the very people that may be able to help you but they're probably skipping over it as well wink.gif

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page