Firmware update for Panasonic TH42PX8ESA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

I would appreciate if you could help me to find a firmware update for my old Panasonic TH42PX8ESA, as well as the way how to do that since it doesn't have SD card or USB slot.
The problem is that it doesn't show DVB-T picture, but only sound. I suppose it doesn't show the picture because its on MPEG4 and the current firmware is settled for MPEG2. So I hope there is a way to update the firmware to receive the MPEG4 signal.

Best regards,

Megan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

Please, help! Don't leave just because my TV is an old version? We should not get tricked by business and to order a new TV, cause I don't have the knowledge in this field to update the firmware?!!!
post #3 of 8 Old 05-10-2013, 03:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan-varna View Post

Hi guys,

I would appreciate if you could help me to find a firmware update for my old Panasonic TH42PX8ESA, as well as the way how to do that since it doesn't have SD card or USB slot.
The problem is that it doesn't show DVB-T picture, but only sound. I suppose it doesn't show the picture because its on MPEG4 and the current firmware is settled for MPEG2. So I hope there is a way to update the firmware to receive the MPEG4 signal.

Best regards,

Megan
What makes you think its capable of a firmware update? What makes you think theres an update to fix your specific problem? Have you looked at the Panasonic website where all the updates are posted?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #4 of 8 Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 69
If your TV is not receiving a DVB-T signal any more it may be because of a change to the Freeview (or other free-to-air) standard.

On some TVs an update can be made via a PCMCIA card supplied by the manufacturer, however, that does require that the manufacturer has produced the card and is willing to loan or sell it to you.
megan-varna likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-11-2013, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

I don't believe that this kind of smug attitude shall be helpful in this forum for an exchange of experience, ideas and support. If you can't think then this is not your place. Nothing is impossible - that makes me think the firmware can be changed/updated. Hope it helps enough.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-11-2013, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669 View Post

If your TV is not receiving a DVB-T signal any more it may be because of a change to the Freeview (or other free-to-air) standard.

On some TVs an update can be made via a PCMCIA card supplied by the manufacturer, however, that does require that the manufacturer has produced the card and is willing to loan or sell it to you.

Thank you for your response. I get the DVB-T signal and sound's working, but the video doesn't show. So perhaps the problem is in the different signal between MPEG2 and MPEG4.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 820
I wasnt being smug. Its a rather strange inquiry so I was asking for more information in order so that I and others may be more helpful. I dont have time to do all your research for you and you didnt answer any of the questions so have a good day.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #8 of 8 Old 05-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Your best bet right now may be to purchase an external Freeview or Freesat box. Repair of the TV might not be worth it. It's inconvenient to have two remotes so you may be able to find a universal one which will do both the box and the TV.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page