Green Blob back again for 2013! - Page 3 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: What model ST60 do you own and does it have the green blob?
Yes, it has the green blob on my 50st60 3 25.00%
Yes, it has the green blob on my 55st60 0 0%
Yes, it has the green blob on my 60st60 0 0%
Yes, it has the green blob on my 65st60 0 0%
No, does not have the green blob on my 50st60 2 16.67%
No, does not have the green blob on my 55st60 5 41.67%
No, does not have the green blob on my 60st60 2 16.67%
No, does not have the green blob on my 65st60 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
post #61 of 62 Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi

I've had my P50T50B for just over a year now. I too have got a cyanish screen center & green patch that have developed on the right so tried to access the service menu via the usual keypresses as in the past to change the VSUS. Instead of the service menu I now get a screen full test pass results buton hte right hand side is a red line saying BAD CHECKSUM with a HEX sum,  I can't do any more & the TV automatically powers down. When I power up again the set has factory reset itself so wiped all it's settings and I have to re-enter them all in again.

The set works ok so is there anyway to correct this checksum error so I can get back into the service menu and do the VSUS change ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Unread Today, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I acknowledge this thread hasn't had any activity for a good while now, but I'm a bit desperate at this point, so here goes...

I purchased my Panasonic 50" ST60 on Dec. 26th 2013. At first, it seemed like the screen uniformity was fine, but after the 200 or so hour mark (it may have been there from the beginning) I noticed a diffuse pink blob running vertically on the center of the screen.

I couldn't capture any images that did the issue justice, so I made a mock up, and am attaching the images to this post.

The images shows the issue, with a very slight diffuse pink area in the upper left of the screen, a strong, diffuse pink vertical line running down the center-right of the screen, and another very slight diffuse pink area fading in from the very right of the screen.

It is visible on any content, no matter what the TV setting, and shows in exactly the same pattern whether it be a solid white screen or solid gray screen. As far as I can tell, it does not show on solid blue, red, or green test patterns.

I was also getting a small, diffuse cluster of flashing purple pixels in the lower left area of the screen, mainly on dark gray backgrounds.

I read that setting VSUS from "Low" to "High" in the service menu could help clear up these issues. So I went in and set it to "High." this did diminish (but did not entirely remove) the flashing purple pixels. Unfortunately, it did nothing for the discoloration.

I would have had it serviced earlier, but I thought the issue might diminish or wear-out over time. At a little 6300 hours, that's obviously not the case, although it hasn't become worse as far as I can tell.

Seeing as my limited warranty has expired, I'd like to get an opinion as to what it might be, and if manually adjusting the VSUS pot on the P board would make any difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plasma-discoloration.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	536073  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page