Real Time Shootout Results/Observations - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 64 Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hmmmmm, looks like the overall pick is the Samsung. The whites are just as important as good darks IMO And the scores being that close, I won't be able to tell the difference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray16kv View Post

Hmmmmm, looks like the overall pick is the Samsung. The whites are just as important as good darks IMO And the scores being that close, I won't be able to tell the difference

yes, but the three experts said for their environments and content they would go with the VT/ZT....for themselves.
post #63 of 64 Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 AM

Liked: 11
I think the results would've been different had the ST been in the mix. Just my personal opinion. I can watch that TV with all the lights on, which indicates to me the ability to watch in sunlight. Actually now that i think of it, I have watched it while the sun was up and have to say that even at a low contrast and brightness setting, i was able to watch no problem. And I think the colors are spot on. I guess that's why cnet gave it it's "highest recommendation EVER". I like the sound of that. SOLD!
post #64 of 64 Old 05-15-2013, 04:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJae View Post

I think the results would've been different had the ST been in the mix. Just my personal opinion. I can watch that TV with all the lights on, which indicates to me the ability to watch in sunlight. Actually now that i think of it, I have watched it while the sun was up and have to say that even at a low contrast and brightness setting, i was able to watch no problem. And I think the colors are spot on. I guess that's why cnet gave it it's "highest recommendation EVER". I like the sound of that. SOLD!

Although not a "flagship," I would've loved to had seen the ST60 in the mix. Of course, that would've meant that 4 out of 7 televisions would've been Panasonics...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page