Discrete On/Off Remoted codes for Panasonic TC-PxxST60 series - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-11-2013, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does the remote for the Panasonic TC-P66ST60 (which I just bought the other night and am doing the 100-hour thing with the D-Nice slides) have discrete on and off signals? I've got Home Theater Master MX-500s that I normally use for the home theater but didn't see any way to trigger discrete on and off with the Panny remote. I've also got a Harmony 880 that I programmed for the TC-P55ST60 but don't see any way to set up any of the buttons for discrete on and off signals either. I'd really like to get that so that I can program the MX-500 to start up my TV, A/V receiver and preferred input device (satellite dish receiver/DVR, Blu-ray player, media player or Xbox) and switch the A/V receiver to that input.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryElbow View Post

Does the remote for the Panasonic TC-P66ST60 (which I just bought the other night and am doing the 100-hour thing with the D-Nice slides) have discrete on and off signals? I've got Home Theater Master MX-500s that I normally use for the home theater but didn't see any way to trigger discrete on and off with the Panny remote. I've also got a Harmony 880 that I programmed for the TC-P55ST60 but don't see any way to set up any of the buttons for discrete on and off signals either. I'd really like to get that so that I can program the MX-500 to start up my TV, A/V receiver and preferred input device (satellite dish receiver/DVR, Blu-ray player, media player or Xbox) and switch the A/V receiver to that input.

Thanks for any help!

They are absent on the supplied remote but supported by the TV. I'm surprised the Harmony isn't making them available somewhere, perhaps buried haphazardly in its soft button list. If you can find a Panasonic TV remote on (say) ebay that has the buttons, you should be able to teach your universal. I use an RCA RCRP50B JP1 remote to teach these commands plus discrete inputs to my Sony universal. So there are several ways to get these commands. Note that right after being powered on, the 50ST60 doesn't respond to input commands for several seconds, which makes that part of a macro useless at that time. I also had to insert some delays in the form of two extra TV power-ons to keep my Pioneer VSX-21TXH from entering a state in which it wouldn't play video or audio, when both TV and AVR are powered on during the same macro. I talked about that here.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-11-2013, 05:31 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryElbow View Post

None of Panasonic TV remotes have discrete On or Off commands, just the toggled Power command.

However the # EUR7636070R remote that came with some of the Pro monitors has discrete ON and OFF commands, as well as a discrete OFF TIMER (Sleep) command that all work on all of the consumer model TVs. I have one of these Pro remotes and use it to teach those commands on my MX500s and URC R40 and other people's learning remotes when i do an install. This remote came with the PWD8UK, PHD8UK, PHD8UK, PH10UK, PF11UK, etc and can be found on Ebay for not too much (i got mine for $9).

Also, if any of these Pro monitor models are listed in your Harmony maybe you can find the discrete commands and use it to teach your MX500.

Here's the EUR7636070R Pro Remote (note the separate discrete ON and discrete OFF keys on top (instead of a lone Power key on a TV remote), and the OFF TIMER key which directly activates the TV's 15/30/60/90 minute sleep timer.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #4 of 6 Old 05-11-2013, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Use your Logitech and add one of the older Panasonics, like the TC-P60VT30. That should include the discrete power codes, which will also work with the ST60. Then you can use your Logitech to teach your MX-500. That's what I did to teach my main Logitech the discrete codes for the ST60. I have 2 Logitechs, and put one of the older models into one to teach it to the other.

post #5 of 6 Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post

Use your Logitech and add one of the older Panasonics, like the TC-P60VT30. That should include the discrete power codes, which will also work with the ST60. Then you can use your Logitech to teach your MX-500. That's what I did to teach my main Logitech the discrete codes for the ST60. I have 2 Logitechs, and put one of the older models into one to teach it to the other.
Thanks, mate! I will give that a try!
post #6 of 6 Old 05-15-2013, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post

Thanks again for this! I finally got through my 100-hour D-Nice slide show and could actually try this and it worked like a charm! I've asked about discrete power on/off remote signals for this set (or series of sets) on a couple of other forums to no avail. I'm going to pass your helpful suggestion on to them!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page