Fan Noise on the VT60's - Who's suffering from it? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 06-09-2013, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I share OP's aversion to noise from electronics. Big time.

The ST60 performs admirably in this area. Buzz is not audible from 6 feet under normal viewing conditions.

(Mind you, with audio muted and screen fully white, you will hear slight buzz from 6 feet but this is the nature of plasma TVs and it's no more prevalent than one would experience with any plasma).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 07-25-2013, 08:47 AM

Liked: 11
The Panasonic field service rep and a 3rd party Electronic repair company came to my home today to evaluate the fan noise on my 65VT60. The repair tech was not ready to do anything and the field service tech had the technical bulletin for a kit that is supposed to muffler the sound not making it completely silent.

They are supposed to remove the back panel to install the kit that really didn't sit well with me I paid a lot of money for this TV even at a discount it was mucho dinero paid and the noise is unacceptable. For the money that I and we paid for this TV set there should be No Issues what so ever.

Panasonic engineers dropped the ball on this issue Quality control wise they should've caught the problem during testing and development phase.

The rep mention that I have to wait for an answer to see if they are gonna refund me or replace it. Thinking about going LED F8000 Series. Love the PQ of the VT60 but the fan noise issues are really getting on my nerves.

I am disappointed with the issue my TV is having. Any ideas or suggestions?
post #33 of 36 Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I can tell you from going through 3 zt60s that each had fan noise.
post #34 of 36 Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKEAUDIO View Post

They are supposed to remove the back panel to install the kit that really didn't sit well with me I paid a lot of money for this TV even at a discount it was mucho dinero paid and the noise is unacceptable. For the money that I and we paid for this TV set there should be No Issues what so ever.
Personally, I'd like to get my eyes on that bulletin to understand what the proposed fix is and whether it is a real solution or a makeshift band-aid.
post #35 of 36 Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 PM

Liked: 10

First let me say that I have the Panasonic 65ZT60 and, quite from being a disappointment, it arguable is the best plasma available today (as evident by the 2013 shootout).  As for fan noise: there is audible fan noise (which I just noticed after having the set for two months) but only if you put your ear right up to the back of the set.  You cannot hear it from any distant (at least on my set).  Hope this helps.

post #36 of 36 Old 01-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Did anybody get their VT60 fan noise issues successfully repaired by Panasonic ?

I've been going through 3 VT60's... all had fan noise, I wonder whether I should keep the last set and if Panasonic can actually fix the issue... (?)

Thanks.

- M

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

meter: Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page