TCP60ST60 issue with PS3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First off, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place ...

I recently purchased a TCP60ST60 and hooked it up with an Onkyo TX-NR717 along with my PS3 slim and DirecTV HD DVR. For the past few weeks, everything has worked flawlessly. Today, my PS3 would not display on the screen. First thing I did was to try to reset the PS3 to Safe Mode with no success. The, I hooked up the PS3 directly to the ST60 (bypassing the Onkyo receiver) with no luck. I even swapped out the Hard Drive in the PS3 - still no display. Next thing I did was to hook up the PS3 to a different TV and everything worked great. So, I narrowed my problem down to the TV and the receiver. Not wanting to believe that the problem was with the TV, I updated the firmware on the Onkyo receiver - still no display. I have directly connected the PS3 to all three HDMI inputs on the TV with no luck. So, now what? Any suggestions ... ?

Thanks in advance,
drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

UPDATE

I left my PS3 unplugged all night. This morning, I plugged it in and turned everything on and it worked fine. Some observations that may be relevant:

1. Yesterday, when I turned the TV and receiver on with the PS3 OFF, the TV displayed a black screen with the "no input detected" screen intermittently displayed
2. Yesterday, when I turned the PS3 ON, the screen would flash blue then go back to black. The display on the Onkyo receiver would indicate that a signal was present, but there was never any sound or picture.
3. Today, after plugging the PS3 in, but with it still in OFF, the TV displayed a blue screen
4. Today, after turning on the PS3, it worked like normal.

Hopefully, this is only a glitch and won't happen again.

drew
Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by booger8 View Post

UPDATE

I left my PS3 unplugged all night. This morning, I plugged it in and turned everything on and it worked fine. Some observations that may be relevant:

1. Yesterday, when I turned the TV and receiver on with the PS3 OFF, the TV displayed a black screen with the "no input detected" screen intermittently displayed
2. Yesterday, when I turned the PS3 ON, the screen would flash blue then go back to black. The display on the Onkyo receiver would indicate that a signal was present, but there was never any sound or picture.
3. Today, after plugging the PS3 in, but with it still in OFF, the TV displayed a blue screen
4. Today, after turning on the PS3, it worked like normal.

Hopefully, this is only a glitch and won't happen again.

drew

Glad you got it working again, it is odd that it did that, hopefully never happens again.wink.gif

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 AM

My onkyo is sometimes wonky switching sources, my HT 360 blew 3 HDMI boards, after the second replacement board they sent me a 460 that has held up, but once every few months it will just put a blue screen....unplug everything for a bit and all is good for awhile till the next time.

I loved my old onkyo that was pre HDMI....I used it for sound and thats it....now running all my video sources through it, I doubt I will go onkyo again.