Panasonic TC-65PS64 and TC-50PS64 ~OWNER'S POLL~ - Page 13 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Are you glad overall that you bought the PanasonicTC-xxPS64?
Yes, totally glad. 22 88.00%
No, I regret it. 0 0%
I'm ambivalent. Serious doubts. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #361 of 769 Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosundave View Post

...EDIT: MM, check AGAIN. I am sure your/our S64's have an SD car slot. Its in the description. The S64's ARE S60's. You just have not found yours yet. Get back to me on this.

bosundave,

Howzabout a "please" in there... wink.gif

I double checked and there is absolutely no SD card slot on my 65PS64. Whereas, there definitely was an SD card slot on my 55ST60 - and it wasn't likely to be overlooked.

Page 2 of Panasonic's published specs pdfs on the 2013 plasmas shows the following across from "SD Card":

S60 and S64 - there is a flat line in all columns for all TV sizes meaning S60s and S64s do not have an SD card slot.

Whereas, ST60, VT60 and ZT60 models show this in the columns across from "SD Card": "Y(SDXC)". In other words, "yes" these higher models have an SD card slot and it is capable up through the SDXC standard.

If you've seen some Panasonic info published contrary to the above, it is in error. However, please post a link for curiosity's sake. It won't be the first time there has been a flub in published info - e.g., the infinite black screwup. rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 769 Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRick View Post

I have a 50s64 and there is no SD card reader. Checked both manuals and back of tv. You'll need to use USB.

For running slides, I copied the folder with slides onto a USB drive. The s64 opened the folder automatically and displayed the slides.

Ah, finally at last. I was looking and looking for this answer. Thanks so much!
My set arrives tomorrow.

Yes, sorry MM. Please!

Another screw up by Panasonic. yes, they list an SD card slot for the S60's. No worries. My SD card has a flip out USB male connector.

I have a pretty darn good FAQ going in a file on my PC. I have made several corrections due to members like you guys coming up with great, accurate information.I will link my final step by step and FAQ when it is published ( by request) on Calibrations Forum.
I regret to say I received some very nasty, personal PM's and posts due to my efforts here at AVS from guys on the 52 page Dnice thread. I did get some great help there to and some support. but more venomous hate that love. Go figure. Just trying to help.
The list and FAQ look GREAT so far. I am actually quite proud of it being a 100% noob only 3 days ago.
I have made a lot of tweaks and corrections even to members contributions ie. a great list presented to me had a few incorrect remote control steps due to using 2012 remote and TV as a basis. I made the 2013 updates.

one last item. Do we have a Viera Tools button on 2013 remotes? Its about step #4.>>>
3) Plug your USB stick (or SD card) with the photos on it into the side of the TV.
4) Press 'VIERA TOOLS' -> Media-Player -> Photos
post #363 of 769 Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
My S64 arrived yesterday and the remote includes a button for viera tools (near top) and another for media player (near bottom). Both can be used to access pictures and run slides.
post #364 of 769 Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 PM

Liked: 26
Is there any explanation as to why the only options for Pixel Orbiter are On and Auto? Why not call it On and Off? Is there still some minor pixel orbiting going on in Auto? I feel like I remember not really seeing much of a difference between the two.
post #365 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 12:55 AM

Liked: 12
Hi guys,

"serious doubts" vote here.

After reading pages and pages of reviews, I took the plunge and purchased a P50S64 from Costco last Sunday.
The new TV is replacing a 4 year old defunct Samsung LN40A550P3FXZA (40' LCD).
I mainly watch blu-rays, Netflix, PS3 games, and occasional TV via digital antenna.

My living room has "average" lighting, with blinds. I mostly watch TV at night with little to no lights.
So far, I have found the fairchild99 settings a tad "dark" and too "yellow" to my liking. It almost looks as if the weather was permanently overcast (as opposed t bright and sunny). Has anyone else experienced this, especially if your previous TV was an LCD?

After 4 years of LCD, maybe plasma just isn't my thing? I want to "LOVE" the new TV as much as you guys, but right now, something feels off. I'll try the CNET settings, as well as fiddling with things myself before writing it off.

Thanks for everyone's contributions!
MountainMichael likes this.
post #366 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paincakes View Post

Hi guys,

"serious doubts" vote here.

After reading pages and pages of reviews, I took the plunge and purchased a P50S64 from Costco last Sunday.
The new TV is replacing a 4 year old defunct Samsung LN40A550P3FXZA (40' LCD).
I mainly watch blu-rays, Netflix, PS3 games, and occasional TV via digital antenna.

My living room has "average" lighting, with blinds. I mostly watch TV at night with little to no lights.
So far, I have found the fairchild99 settings a tad "dark" and too "yellow" to my liking. It almost looks as if the weather was permanently overcast (as opposed t bright and sunny). Has anyone else experienced this, especially if your previous TV was an LCD?

After 4 years of LCD, maybe plasma just isn't my thing? I want to "LOVE" the new TV as much as you guys, but right now, something feels off. I'll try the CNET settings, as well as fiddling with things myself before writing it off.

Thanks for everyone's contributions!

Did you age the set? Do try several settings. there are several out there.

Be advised most settings are on sets aged 150 hours or more. I am almost positive that a 100 to 150 hour break in is necessary at low contrast and not too bright watching a variety of source material with no black bars before you ever put in any kind of calibration. Most of us do the 0-100 hour slide show which actually is at 100% contrast (default settings in CUSTOM.)

There is a member here who is going to calibrate his brother's S64 so we S64 owners might end up with our own separate calibration. I suspected from the start our needs might be different in some of the areas. To ge the most out of my set I am going to do what I did with my Pioneer Elite panel. I aged that with a DVD in 2008 and was never disappointed. Unless you have a bad set. these S64's are supposed to be about the best value and a GREAT picture. Proper break in might be part of all that. I dont want to take a chance with a major appliance purchase, so I am waiting the 100 hours while things "prep"/break in.

MM suggested to store several calibrations in each of what is available..custom, vivid or what pre sets you have available,. Make some or all of them custom settings and switch between them. Realize that Fairchild's settings now are updated to his set which has 1500 hours on it.

Plasmas are a labor of love. Once you get that right combination of settings, you will nevrr go back to low end or mid range LCD/LED's. only the very most expensive LED's are as good as our S64 600 dollar Plasmas...(NOT in bright sunlight). How much did you pay? You probably will not find a better LCD for almost twice the money. Guys, am I right about this?

ID RICK, thank you for your reply. is one button easier/faster over the other?
post #367 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ID RICK, thank you for your reply. is one button easier/faster over the other?

Starting slides is one step shorter by pressing the media player button.
post #368 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 147
Quote:

For my brand new set, try my settings without the Pro Color detail and Pro W/B detail settings changed (leave at defaults of 0)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HTPC/Sony S5100 to Sony HT-CT150 to Panasonic 55" VT60, Sony 32" EX400, Panasonic 50" S60

post #369 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:

Did you age the set? Do try several settings. there are several out there.

I did not age the set. I'll admit, I am noobish in that regard, and could not find "definitive" clear-cut instructions on how to do so (the D-Nice post had a warning that his process should not be intended to "break-in a set", and others reported having a "red-push" issue appear). I was planning on letting the screen "age" naturally by watching full-screen content, but I'd appreciate it if you could point me to clear instructions to using slides. I haven't tried CNET and Moshock's settings yet. I'll give those a shot later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild99 View Post

For my brand new set, try my settings without the Pro Color detail and Pro W/B detail settings changed (leave at defaults of 0)

I did that, however, I found that I mainly have a problem with the "warm 2" color setting. To me, this drastically "yellows" the screen. I'm leaving it on "Normal" for the time being. Yes, I understand changing this ONE setting offsets your entire calibration settings... but hey it simply looks "better" to me.

Thanks for your replies, and please let me know if you have any suggestions. I want to see what you guys are seeing, but right now, I don't think I am!
post #370 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I did that, however, I found that I mainly have a problem with the "warm 2" color setting. To me, this drastically "yellows" the screen. I'm leaving it on "Normal" for the time being. Yes, I understand changing this ONE setting offsets your entire calibration settings... but hey it simply looks "better" to me.

Thanks for your replies, and please let me know if you have any suggestions. I want to see what you guys are seeing, but right now, I don't think I am!

You might just not be accustomed to the D6500 color temperature then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminant_D65

I found the stock Cinema settings Warm2 are very close to 6500k. You have to give your eyes some time to get accustomed to it, when you have been watching a cooler picture for much longer, LCD/LED monitors/TV's for instance all come with cooler temps by default. GL.

HTPC/Sony S5100 to Sony HT-CT150 to Panasonic 55" VT60, Sony 32" EX400, Panasonic 50" S60

post #371 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Fairchild99, my 50s64 will have 100 hrs of slides on Friday evening. Which of your calibrations should I use, the most recent or what? Thanks! I greatly appreciate your sharing and look forward to seeing how it looks on my tv! Can't wait!! smile.gif
post #372 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Try my latest, and if you notice alot of red push or any other issues, then you can try one of the earlier posted ones. Although personally I would just stick to my settings minus the Pro W/B detail and Color detail adjustments and see how that looks. Cinema as always my recommendation.

post #373 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Try my latest, and if you notice alot of red push or any other issues, then you can try one of the earlier posted ones. Although personally I would just stick to my settings minus the Pro W/B detail and Color detail adjustments and see how that looks. Cinema as always my recommendation.

Do you mean use Cinema to plug your calibrations into? I thought that it doesnt matter what mode you choose. After you plug in the calibrations and settings, then that mode is no longer anything to do with its label. It is 100% Fairchild or CNET or Dnice, or what ever person you used for settings.

The reason I say this is that Mountin Man suggested to plug in your setting, CNET and Dnice in various screen modes. It doesnt matter which you choose since you are completely customizing it by the time you make all the changes. Custom becomes Fairchild or Cinema becomes Fairchild. Both should be exactly the same if I loaded Fairchild in each setting. Or do I have it all wrong?
post #374 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:

I did not age the set. I'll admit, I am noobish in that regard, and could not find "definitive" clear-cut instructions on how to do so (the D-Nice post had a warning that his process should not be intended to "break-in a set",!

yes, I am a noob too. but I made it my 10 day mission to make a Noob FAQ and detailed step by step that vastly expands on Dnices instructions which are more than adequate for experienced members.
I had serious issues with the way he presented his disclaimer. I stil find it most unclear. However I do know the correct answer and that is part of my FAQ. Sorry I have not finished or posted it yet in time for you to use it. I feel your pain and did something about it.

here is a preview of the FAQ that deals with your question. It has a longish answer of any of my FAQ's but contains a lot of good (I think) information.

Q: Dnice says specifically NOT to use this as a break in. I am so confused. When am I supposed to use his slides?
A: Dnice's statement is an attempt at a disclaimer that confused almost no experts and almost every noob. The correct answer is absolutley use his slides at 0-100 hours. it is an aging of pixels that works specifically with the results his professional calibration equipment came up with after aging with these slides. Many other calibrations are based on normal 150 hour break in of watching source material at reduced contrast and brightness, no logos for more than 1 hour, no black bars etc. Too many rules if you ask me. Its easier jsut to run the slides. Then use dnices, Cnets, fairchild settings and pick the one you like the best. Probably best to start with Dnices settings since his is the only one that I know for sure is based on his slides after 100 hours of continuous play. That does not mean you are restricted to using only his settings.
post #375 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Ah! Glad it wasn't just me then. Well if I can use D-nice's post to "break-in" my screen, this might be a game changer! Please let me know when you have your FAQ together!
post #376 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Do you mean use Cinema to plug your calibrations into? I thought that it doesnt matter what mode you choose. After you plug in the calibrations and settings, then that mode is no longer anything to do with its label. It is 100% Fairchild or CNET or Dnice, or what ever person you used for settings.

The reason I say this is that Mountin Man suggested to plug in your setting, CNET and Dnice in various screen modes. It doesnt matter which you choose since you are completely customizing it by the time you make all the changes. Custom becomes Fairchild or Cinema becomes Fairchild. Both should be exactly the same if I loaded Fairchild in each setting. Or do I have it all wrong?

I mean use my Cinema calibration (I've done multiple Custom ones which are generally less accurate in the colors). And you have it wrong, you calibrate to a specific mode (Cinema, Custom, etc...). Using a calibration that was performed on the Cinema preset and then plugging those settings into the Custom or any other preset is basically making the whole calibration null.

Quote:

Then use dnices, Cnets, fairchild settings and pick the one you like the best. Probably best to start with Dnices settings since his is the only one that I know for sure is based on his slides after 100 hours of continuous play. That does not mean you are restricted to using only his settings.

Dnice never posted calibration settings for the S60, he only has thus far posted the ST60, so suggesting to use his ST60 settings is a bad idea. Especially since the ST60 uses a totally different panel to the S60 (different black filter, different phosphors for 3D purposes, different motion features, 10-pt gamma, 10-pt grayscale, etc....) Stick to either my or Cnet's settings, though the best option is as always to have your set calibrated since there is always the possibility of some panel variance.

post #377 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwlness View Post

Just purchased the Panasonic TC-50PS64 from Costco over the weekend. Running a break-in DVD and noticing a 1-pixel wide Yellow Line on the Left side of the screen and a 1-pixel wide Purple Line on the right side (both Vertical Lines).

Would this be the sign of a bad panel or is this typical to see in the first few hours running the TV? I have hooked it up to different sources including Blu-ray Player, Popcorn Hour, and regular DVD player and seeing this on all sources.

Any advice!?

I posed the question "Why do Plasma's do this" for my Samsung. I have the same problem and just ignore it. Some were of the consensus it was normal, it could be fixed if the first pixel row was under the bezel I think.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432284/why-do-plasmas-do-this#post_22471689

FWIW I was looking at this forum to see if there was any info on what the firmware update was supposed to fix. I have a TC-P42S60 and its the same firmware apparently. I don't seem to, or haven't notice this problem on my S60 set.
post #378 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Dnice never posted calibration settings for the S60, he only has thus far posted the ST60, so suggesting to use his ST60 settings is a bad idea.

Got it. And for further clarification, regarding D-Nice "break-in" slides with a 50s64: Go or no go?
Apologies for the noob question...
post #379 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Got it. And for further clarification, regarding D-Nice "break-in" slides with a 50s64: Go or no go?
Apologies for the noob question...

If you plan to get your set calibrated then it's advisable to get the set to 100-300 hrs as fast as possible and by aging it evenly, and that's the purpose of the slides. If you are just going to plug someones settings, then no point in this IMO. I didn't even run slides on mine, I just waited till I was at like 100-150 hours then I did my first calibration.

post #380 of 769 Old 08-28-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Paincakes,

You have posted detailed input and I appreciate that very much. I clicked the thanks button for your detailed input. Some coming from LCD's love plasma tech, some don't. No TV is going to be right for everyone.

Having said that, yellow sounds like an odd complaint. What is your video source and processing device(s)? Where I'm heading with that is: My PS3 as a streaming device worked much better after using settings recommended in the PS3 thread. Not sure if that would be as important for a Roku or blu ray as the streaming device... or if you're looking at DVD's or other disks or maybe the dreaded cable box. ;-)

I think fairchild99's input sounds on target since if someone isn't accustomed to 6500k targets, they may not like that tune. However, I'd have been expecting you to say too much red, not yellow. Have you tried CNET's settings? Just a thought there maybe for diagnostic purposes. I would be expecting Warm2 to lean more towards red and less towards yellow...

edit: Another thought: Very few have reported some "green push" with fairchild99's settings. To me, that just verifies that panel production variance can go either way. My thought here is: With my particular panel, running slides seemed to run it towards red push... well, it's just a thought - not like green push is the polar opposite of red push.

According to everything I've read in AVS, most pro calibrators agree that panel production variance is so great even in the same model line that the pros usually say that shared settings will seldom be acceptable to the owner. Perhaps we are lucky that fairchild99's calibration as shared settings have worked so well for so many. That is reportedly not typical. Having said, that sure doesn't mean they will work for everyone. Significant panel production variance appears to be a very real thing among all makes and models of TVs.

If a person gets a scorching good deal on a 50PS64, it may be difficult to invest in a 4 or $500 pro calibration... would it maybe be worth considering swapping the panel to see if you get one closer to what fairchild99 has calibrated? Your complaint of excessive yellow is the first I've seen so maybe your panel has something wrong with it? Just a thought, there.

Please keep us apprised. Your input is valued here.

bosundave,

Sorry to hear you've received some pm static in the settings thread. Here's hoping you get proper respect from this thread's participants.

Can you post where you saw that S60's were supposed to have the SD card slot? I've been unable to find that.

If you post your faq's somewhere, I hope you'll at least link them here.

fairchild99,

Thank you very much for continuing to provide high value input.

Micke
post #381 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 AM

Fairchild,

I cant reference MM's post where he suggested entering several calibrations and toggling between them to choose the one you like best. So that is not possible? My knowledge of electronics and how these things work is about zero. The best I can muster is to follow careful instructions. I was unaware that dnice has not done a calibration for S60's. I thought he had done so.
Thanks very much for the information. I will correct one of my FAQs because of your help.

I know i will still come out of ths with more questions of my own. But I am off to a good start of centralizing a lot of good information in one spot.

Isnt there a member here who said he was going to calibrate his brother's S64 using top shelf equipment ? Who was that guy.?Has anyone heard anything more?

MM, thanks for all you support as well. I always intended to link my FAQ here when its posted. You guys can then tell me what I got correct and what I did not. I feel that it is fairly accurate so far.

Shipping company called me. My 50S64 was on a local (Miami) truck today but didnt quite get to me up in Ft. Lauderdale.. Tomorrow for sure they said.

reference to an SD card slot on S60's are a few. Google" Panasonic 50S60 SD card slot". Lucky for me that the 10 dollar 1G Sandisk SD card I bought has a flip out USB connector. I can slide the card into my PC card slot, drag the slide folder into it and then use the flip out USB function on my Panny.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P50S60-50-Inch-1080p-Plasma/dp/B00ARAHBIW
Media Player
Simply insert an SD memory card or USB stick and enjoy photos, vidoes, and music on this TV.* A wealth of customization functions let you add background music and effects. *JPEG/MP3 playback

I missed the side by side tech specs further down the page where the S60 is shown NOT having an SD card slot. Sloppy reading on my part. It was misleading, however.

even Panasonic mentions an SD card slot on the main page. The tech specs tab however confirms the S60 does not have an SD card slot.
quote on the s60 page: "... to view personal videos or pictures loaded to the TV via SD slot or USB port."
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P50S60

Again, if I had digged harder I would have seen no SD card slot for S60's. no biggee.
post #382 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 04:28 AM

Liked: 21
Yeah, some of the generic text describing the lines should be clarified a bit, because I can see where it DOES imply the S6*'s have an SD slot.

My 65 is scheduled for delivery today (while I'm at work, naturally -- my wife will be home)

--Greg

post #383 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 06:31 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregleg View Post

Yeah, some of the generic text describing the lines should be clarified a bit, because I can see where it DOES imply the S6*'s have an SD slot.

Almost every year there are random misprints and misinformation in the press releases, in the specs, in the manufacturer's online product descriptions, in the retailers online product descriptions, and even in the owners manuals on various brands of TVs. I don't expect that to ever change.

Quote:
My 65 is scheduled for delivery today (while I'm at work, naturally -- my wife will be home)

Have her at least remove the upper box shell while the driver is there (takes like 10 seconds) and thoroughly inspect the screen for small spider cracks by shining a flashlight over every inch of the screen, especially near the corners. Also have her write the words "Subject To Inspection For Hidden Damage" before she signs her name on the delivery slip. This will help you file a claim if you later discover the TV was damaged in shipping.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #384 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 AM

Liked: 11
I haven't posted in this thread yet, but I wanted to jump in and thank everyone for their great input. I finally bit the bullet and purchased the 65" S64 online from Costco yesterday.

This will be my first plasma TV and my second HDTV purchase after buying an LCD Vizio six years ago. It was kind of agonizing deciding which TV to buy, but these forums (along with hours of other research) led me to this particular model. I wasn't able to see the S64 (or S60) in person since there aren't any in stock in any of the stores near me, but here's to hoping that it blows my old 42" Vizio away.
post #385 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 10:42 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Have her at least remove the upper box shell while the driver is there (takes like 10 seconds) and thoroughly inspect the screen for small spider cracks by shining a flashlight over every inch of the screen, especially near the corners. Also have her write the words "Subject To Inspection For Hidden Damage" before she signs her name on the delivery slip. This will help you file a claim if you later discover the TV was damaged in shipping.

Great suggestion, done. I've always been very happy with customer service at Costco so I don't imagine I'd have major problems, but being cautious doesn't hurt.

--Greg

post #386 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:

This is what I'm currently using and it looks pretty good to me.

I ran D-Nice's slides first for roughly 96 hours or so by my estimation since I just couldn't wait any longer and needed to start using the TV on a weekday night. Prior to the slides, I had watched maybe 5 minutes of DirecTV just to see how the size worked for my room, but nothing else.

Last night I streamed Life of Pi on HBOGo through my AppleTV and it looked downright amazing, so much so that I've already ordered the Blu-Ray.

Just waiting for football to start tonight to really fall in love with the purchase. biggrin.gif
post #387 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 12:09 PM

My entire post was wiped out by a glitch some how. I am not repeating it all.
I just got my 50S64 delivered and set up with the stand, power and the memory stick...nothing else. I have the N2QAYB remote and a manufac. date of July 2013 for the panel. Warranty is same. One year.

Is there on online program I can use to time for 100 hours? I am going to see what my set registers for elapsed hours before I start the slide program. Wish me luck. Will post and then link my steps and FAQ after 100 hours. Taking a nap first. Exhausted from stress. I bought an open box from a liquidator. That type of purchase can go either way. So far so good. The set was never set up or plugged in. The packaging was just too perfect and not a smudge was to be found Checking the hours and the On/OFF cycles anyways before starting the Dnice slide show.

So far the best 620usd I have ever spent. That was the grand total, shipped! I am thrilled to have gotten the S64. I feel so lucky. I fought hard. I came close at one point for getting the set for 550!

I dont see a separate warranty card. Am I supposed to have one or is all done online? Pretty sure I am supposed to have an intact warranty. Should I get a Square Deal 4 year extended for 80usd or there abouts?

BTW, I want to repair my other wise perfect Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO 1150 HD panel. It is still incredible and flawless since 2008. It has been diagnosed professionally to have a bad main board. It shuts the whole set down every 45 minutes. It can be restarted immediately each time. Very much a pain. I will not pay the 500 to 700 usd asking price for a main board. I know they can be had for less but they are very very hard to find. I would love some help obtaining one. I am patient and will wait until the right deal comes along. I am not discarding this marvel.

Any extended further playing of my Elite panel will not help it. So it goes in storage soon until that baord can be found for a reasonable price.
post #388 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
How many consecutive hours are people running these slides for? I usually only run them for 3-4 hours at a time, morning and night. Still have another TV hooked up so I can give this Plasma a solid break-in period. Tempted to leave it on longer to get to 100 hours quicker, but concerned leaving it on for 10+ consecutive hours a day might be doing more harm than good. rolleyes.gif

Boy does this baby give off some HEAT!! eek.gif
post #389 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwlness View Post

How many consecutive hours are people running these slides for? I usually only run them for 3-4 hours at a time, morning and night. Still have another TV hooked up so I can give this Plasma a solid break-in period. Tempted to leave it on longer to get to 100 hours quicker, but concerned leaving it on for 10+ consecutive hours a day might be doing more harm than good. rolleyes.gif

Boy does this baby give off some HEAT!! eek.gif
Whether recommended or not, I ran my 65S64 for that 96 hours straight that I referenced above, with my old 42" on the floor in front of it so I could still watch TV.

I actually even put the plastic covering back over it and poked a few holes in it for ventilation just to decrease some of the brightness during the night hours, so you wouldn't see the glow through my downstairs curtains.

I basically started the slides at 8PM on Thursday and stopped them at 8PM on the next Monday and then plugged in Fairchild's settings without the color settings that he suggested we try at default for new sets.

I followed a similar procedure for my 42G10 that I replaced when I got that TV as well, and it's been flawless.
post #390 of 769 Old 08-29-2013, 01:53 PM

Oh, great. i am off to a horrible start. I went to check hours first. This is critical since I must verify that i Do have a virgin brand new set since I bought this open box.
I did a quick set up saying i would be back to do the internet set up. I chose HDMI as a source and that was that. I Set the time and date but could not set it to auto, probably since I had no outside connections at all at this point?

I now go to check total hours using the guide i show here. That guide does not work at all. Nothing. My screen keeps talking about establishing a HDMI connection. It sounds as if I must make a connection to a videio/audio source like my Uverse before I can check total hours??? . My HDMI cables are not long enough. I have the Panny on the floor by itself with just the memory stick handy to run the 100 hour slide show all by its lonesome.

What If i brought one of my Blue ray players over and connected one to my Panny? Would that satisfy the TV enough so that I can now proceed and check total hour?. This makes no sense at all.
Why would I have to be connected to anything to check total hours. Is my TV defective already?

I cant even check up on a simple thing ike total hours. Not off to a good start at all!

The guide I am using for my 2013 made in July set using the N2QAYB remote.

The following is my step by step i was given to check total hours on the 2013 S60's. Is this wrong? I does not work at all. But I do not have any audio/video source hooked up yet. I can't think of WHY for the life of me I should have to. But my screen keeps asking for a source hook up while i am trying to enter the service tools menu.

START OF STEP BY STEP:

Do not deviate from the instructions, as you could do something unintended.

Press and hold the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA TV.
Then press the {INFO} button on the remote control 3 times.

"Start Adjustment Menu" message will be displayed followed
by the Service Menu after few seconds.

ADJUST {Picture Adjustment}
WB-ADJUST {White Balance Adjustment}
OPTION {Option Setting}
V-SUS {V-SUS Adjustment}
AGING
SRV-TOOL {Service Tool}
{1} & {2} buttons move through options

Press the {2} button once to select "SRV-TOOL".

Then press the {OK} button to access it.

Using the cursor keys, highlight the right side
of the last item "PTCT :00.00.00.00.00"

END

i cant get past the first step:
Press and hold the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA TV

What is wrong?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page