Panasonic TC-65PS64 and TC-50PS64 ~OWNER'S POLL~ - Page 25 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Are you glad overall that you bought the PanasonicTC-xxPS64?
Yes, totally glad. 22 88.00%
No, I regret it. 0 0%
I'm ambivalent. Serious doubts. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #721 of 769 Old 01-13-2014, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume Chorn View Post

Hi All, I just purchased a refurbished TC-50PS64 from Costco and I've got a few questions for you other S64 owners:

1) I've noticed a buzzing sound emanating from the back of the TV whenever it's on.  It's not loud enough to hear when something is playing, but definitely loud enough to hear when nothing is on (and the room is quiet).  Is this normal?

2) I tried checking the hours on the TV by going to Menu --> Help --> Version --> Status4 and it says C0220-00000.  Does that mean the display has only been on for 220 hours?

3) This may sound like a stupid question, but when I pause a program and look at the TV closely enough to see the individual pixels, I notice that they aren't static.  Rather, they seem to constantly be changing color slightly, almost like there's noise going through each pixel.  Is this normal?  I'm used to looking at LCD displays very closely (laptop display, phone screen, etc) and the pixels on those seem to be completely static when the image is static, but obviously since the TV is plasma, which is totally different technology, maybe that shouldn't apply.  But I just wanted to make sure.

So far the picture looks great from a normal viewing distance, but I've had the TV for only a couple of hours so I definitely can't do a full review yet.  Any responses to my questions would be greatly appreciated though!

Not sure about your second and third questions but in respect to the buzzing; does the buzzing occur during the entire tv viewing experience or only for the first minute or two when you first turn on the TV while it's warming up?  I ask because I have an 55" ST50 (it's about 1.5 years old) that buzzes quite noticeably when I turn the tv on but then, after the first minute, the buzzing dies down to the point where I can't hear it at all.  Also, if you tone down your contrast and/or brightness levels, that might help to reduce the buzzing somewhat.  (I also recently bought a 65" S64 but have yet to take it out of the box so I can't report on the buzzing for that TV yet.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 769 Old 01-13-2014, 12:50 PM

Liked: 21
Yes, it means 220 hours.
MountainMichael likes this.
post #723 of 769 Old 01-13-2014, 04:13 PM

Liked: 11

Just to clarify what I meant about the pixels (question 3 above), here is a video of the issue (assuming it is an issue) that I posted to YouTube.  You'll have to watch it at 720p to really see what I mean, but essentially this is The Dark Knight Blu-ray on pause, right at the beginning of the movie.  What you're seeing in the video is a paused close-up of the glass windows of the building the camera is moving toward in that very first IMAX shot.  And what I've noticed (and what you'll hopefully see in the video) is at the very edge between the dark pixels of the glass and the light pixels that make up the border of each glass window, there's a lot of jumping around of the light pixels.  Meaning, many pixels are dark one split-second, and then light the next, and then dark again.  It sort of gives this noisy static effect when viewed up close.  I had been under the impression that when the film was paused, all pixels would appear totally frozen, but perhaps this is normal behavior for a plasma display?  Please let me know, because if it's not I'd like to use my warranty ASAP...

post #724 of 769 Old 01-13-2014, 08:30 PM

Liked: 13
What do these things mean? I understand I have 600 plus hours on my set. But I am not sure on the others.
post #725 of 769 Old 01-14-2014, 08:48 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:

Just to clarify what I meant about the pixels (question 3 above), here is a video of the issue (assuming it is an issue) that I posted to YouTube.  You'll have to watch it at 720p to really see what I mean, but essentially this is The Dark Knight Blu-ray on pause, right at the beginning of the movie.  What you're seeing in the video is a paused close-up of the glass windows of the building the camera is moving toward in that very first IMAX shot.  And what I've noticed (and what you'll hopefully see in the video) is at the very edge between the dark pixels of the glass and the light pixels that make up the border of each glass window, there's a lot of jumping around of the light pixels.  Meaning, many pixels are dark one split-second, and then light the next, and then dark again.  It sort of gives this noisy static effect when viewed up close.  I had been under the impression that when the film was paused, all pixels would appear totally frozen, but perhaps this is normal behavior for a plasma display?  Please let me know, because if it's not I'd like to use my warranty ASAP...

This is normal in the sense that if you stand one foot in front of your television, you will see this type of stuff. If it is still prominent from a few feet away, then I think you need to play around with your brightness and contrast settings.

If you are watching the TV with the mode set to STANDARD, try changing to CINEMA and adjust the settings from there. I have found that STANDARD is a more noisy mode than other modes.

But to be clear, if I stand right in front of my TV and watch a dark scene, I will see dancing pixels / snow that I won't see if I am standing at proper viewing distance.
post #726 of 769 Old 01-14-2014, 09:01 AM

Ok, @connmen thanks so much for confirming that. AFAIK the unit I got is one of the last ones for sale out there so if there was a problem with it, I wanted to know ASAP.

@silverwidow, thank you for confirming my hours reading. I guess that means someone basically just broke the TV in for me, sweet! Hopefully they didn't abuse it too much during that time but so far I don't see any IR or anything.

Which brings me back to the buzzing; @mraya77 the buzzing definitely doesn't go away after a few minutes, and it gets louder the brighter the image on the display. So it's less noticeable during dark scenes, but I can really hear it (with the volume turned down and in a quiet room) when I've got a bright scene or image on screen. I've read about buzzing with plasmas on other threads but I wanted to make sure that what I'm experiencing is within the normal expected range...
post #727 of 769 Old 01-14-2014, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Guillaume,

For plasmas that buzz and quite a few apparently do, it appears to me from what I've read that buzzing louder on brighter scenes is usually how it goes.

Opinions vary on what is acceptable. It appears that quite a few people believe this: If you can hear the buzzing over normal audio volume at seating distance, then it is probably too loud.

This may or may not be something that could be successfully addressed with a warranty repair. There are variables.

I've had 2 plasmas now with zero buzzing. As well, my Dad & brother's S64's are buzz free (so far). However, it appears from what I've read that this is exceptional, not typical.

It appears to me from what I've read that quite a lot of plasmas buzz - especially in 2013 models. I personally think maybe it was a bit less prevalent in years prior. But again, that's just from reading.

M
post #728 of 769 Old 01-15-2014, 07:26 AM

Liked: 26
I went from a refurb S64 to a 65ZT60. The picture quality is unreal after breaking in and some tweaking to the settings. However, on bright scenes there is a noticeable buzzing if my volume is turned lower or on quieter scenes. :T But still a great set.
post #729 of 769 Old 01-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:

Which brings me back to the buzzing; @mraya77 the buzzing definitely doesn't go away after a few minutes, and it gets louder the brighter the image on the display. So it's less noticeable during dark scenes, but I can really hear it (with the volume turned down and in a quiet room) when I've got a bright scene or image on screen. I've read about buzzing with plasmas on other threads but I wanted to make sure that what I'm experiencing is within the normal expected range...

I think MountainMichael's advice about warranty repair is on point in that this may or may not be a matter that can be addressed via repair or replacement.

I've owned several plasma televisions, all of which had buzzing to some extent or another. There are steps I've seen people try to do in order to minimize the buzzing -- I've seen people put glue on the transistors/capacitors (or whatever the heck those coil things are that are attached to the main boards), and I've seen people tighten or loosen the screws. I advise none of these options.

I'm so conscious of plasmas buzzing that the first thing I do whenever I walk into an environment where there is a plasma TV is that I put my head behind it to see if it buzzes. And the only time I've not heard a plasma TV buzz is when it is in an environment that otherwise has a lot of ambient sound -- air conditioner or heater running, loud fridge in the kitchen beside the den, or if it's not so close to the wall behind it so that the buzz bounces off of the wall, etc. Don't get me wrong in that I believe 100% when people say their TV doesn't buzz in that they aren't hearing any buzzing, but there's a buzz there. They are just not hearing it for any number of reasons including room acoustics, volume of TV when they watch and the reality that some people are more conscious of ambient electrical noises then others.

If your TV buzzing bothers you, there are three suggestions I would make:

1. Get used to it -- which sounds flippant but actually has proven to work for me and I am as neurotic about technology as it gets.

2. Figure out a way to change the acoustics of the room to minimize buzzing -- As a test, I once took a towel and draped it on the wall behind a buzzing TV. Not on the TV itself, but just on the wall. It reduced the buzzing sound because rather than the buzzing bouncing off of the hard cement wall, it was absorbed somewhat by the towel. I would guarantee that sound-deadening material put on the wall would work even better and I vaguely recall seeing somebody take sound-deadening material and create a bit of "wall art" behind the TV which functioned to also reduce buzzing sound.

3. Return the TV.

While I stated above that all plasmas buzz, I do also believe that the level of buzzing is probably different on each TV. For example, I have an ST60 right now that I might say does not buzz to the extent that I really don't hear it buzz during regular television watching. But from less than a foot away, with the volume down and a white screen, it buzzes.

It's one of those things that you either get used to it (volume at any moderate level should drown it out), make changes to your acoustics to address it, or just return to the TV.

Final thought: If you are like me and you have to watch TV at low volumes sometimes because of other people sleeping in your home, I can see where the buzz may be more noticeable and bothersome. This is where a pair of wireless headphones comes in handy.
post #730 of 769 Old 01-15-2014, 11:20 AM

MountainMichael, johdtv, and connmen,

Thank you all for addressing the buzzing issue.  It seems weird that buzzing would have gotten worse on TVs in 2013, rather than better, but sure enough my dad and brother each have older Panasonic plasmas on which I've never noticed this issue.  Perhaps it's a product of newer anti-IR technology in these TVs?  Or something having to do with how thin they've gotten?

Anyhow, after some more watching I've concluded that I can't hear the buzzing over the sound of content at normal volume.  In fact, I was watching YouTube on the TV this morning at 5 volume and I couldn't hear the buzzing at all from my couch.  So based on what others have posted I guess that's acceptable, and certainly not worth the trouble of returning the TV unless the buzzing leads to something worse down the line (which is what I was afraid of to begin with).

On a side note, do any of you on this thread use the s64 to play video games?  Even though some people rant that you can't play games on plasmas because of the danger of IR, I think they look so much better on plasmas that it's one of my biggest reasons for buying one.  But I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for image settings that work better for video games (as opposed to the calibration settings that have already been discussed, which I assume are mainly for watching movies)?

post #731 of 769 Old 01-15-2014, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

I couldn't really see the pixel jumping in the video, but I think what you are referring to is dithering which is inherent in plasma technology. I only noticed it at first when close to the TV, but everyone said it mostly goes away with time and/or your eyes get used to it. I don't notice it at normal viewing distance so don't worry about it.
post #732 of 769 Old 01-15-2014, 03:55 PM

HDTimeShifter,

Thanks for taking a look at the video.  Did you look at it at 720p?  I guess I shouldn't have focused so much on the window borders in my explanation because in actuality, pretty much every pixel that isn't very dark or very bright is not static in the image.  So for instance, the reflections in the glass windows also consist of pixels that seem to be constantly changing color (or actually, to my eye it just looks like the pixels are jumping about, which I know is not really happening).

Anyhow, based on what you (and connmen) have said, it sounds like this is normal for plasma TVs, so I'll stop worrying about it.  My main concern (as with the buzzing) was that it might be symptomatic of something worse down the line, like an early sign of a defect that would eventually become critical (i.e., much louder buzzing and/or a very noisy or distorted picture).

post #733 of 769 Old 01-15-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

HDTimeShifter,

Thanks for taking a look at the video.  Did you look at it at 720p?  I guess I shouldn't have focused so much on the window borders in my explanation because in actuality, pretty much every pixel that isn't very dark or very bright is not static in the image.  So for instance, the reflections in the glass windows also consist of pixels that seem to be constantly changing color (or actually, to my eye it just looks like the pixels are jumping about, which I know is not really happening).

Anyhow, based on what you (and connmen) have said, it sounds like this is normal for plasma TVs, so I'll stop worrying about it.  My main concern (as with the buzzing) was that it might be symptomatic of something worse down the line, like an early sign of a defect that would eventually become critical (i.e., much louder buzzing and/or a very noisy or distorted picture).

Yes, I glanced at it in 720p.
post #734 of 769 Old 01-16-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:

On a side note, do any of you on this thread use the s64 to play video games?  Even though some people rant that you can't play games on plasmas because of the danger of IR, I think they look so much better on plasmas that it's one of my biggest reasons for buying one.  But I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for image settings that work better for video games (as opposed to the calibration settings that have already been discussed, which I assume are mainly for watching movies)?

I play video games on the ST60 and it's great. (Even despite people who claim the ST60 has far more input lag than the S64/S60, which I believe is scientifically true but has no bearing on regular console gaming). I've also played console games on two other plasmas before the ST60.

My advice to minimize the chance of IR is to keep your contrast low for the first 100+ hours of use, and always try not to keep a static image on the screen for too long. On a new plasma, I typically lower contrast to 50. In a brightly lit room, 50 contrast may not be as bright as you'd like but in a darker environment, it's completely fine. Such to the extent that I get so used to it that I end up accidentally leaving my TVs at 50 contrast far past the break-in period.

I believe that the majority of people who come to these forums and complain about IR have the contrast on the TV set too high.
post #735 of 769 Old 01-17-2014, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Guillaume,

YW. I hope the buzzing is in fact something that won't be bothersome for you. I agree with a lot of what connmen said.
post #736 of 769 Old 01-19-2014, 12:46 PM

Liked: 16
Reporting from the S60 owners thread

Long time lurker. I bought the P50S64 from Costco in July. I've loved it, it was a great upgrade from my old 42" Westinghouse LCD, but I've recently noticed a problem.

Whenever I'm watching certain content, there is a significant amount of horizontal line bleed. I've tried different picture settings, lowering the contrast, changing inputs and yet it seems to remain. The issue is most noticeable in menus (such as on my xbox one) and on cartoons (the characters on futurama sometimes have a clearly visible horizontal line though them - coming from elsewhere on the screen).

Is this problem noticeable to the others? Is my unit faulty? It's hooked up to a sony str-dn1000 receiver, via HDMI. I do see the issue through the integrated Netflix app so I'm pretty confident it's not the cable or receiver.

I know line bleed is a plasma issue, and granted I don't really see it on content like planet earth or Battlefield 4, but I do notice it often enough that it is bothering me. Please help!

I can post screenshots later if that helps.
post #737 of 769 Old 01-21-2014, 08:14 PM

Were you able to fix your net flix problem.  I have the same issue with my TC-65PS64.  Net Flix does not stream in HD where-as Amazon and YouTube does.  Upgraded my comcast wireless router/modem with no success.  Any suggestions?   I also now lose my internet connection every time I leave Smart TV App.  Did not happen with previous router and modem which were separate components.  Also changing Picture Format when streaming does not work.  Very frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

post #738 of 769 Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michial Brown View Post

Totally unrelated subject. I've noticed in using all the apps, they all work great but netflix is blurry? Anyone else here of this. The rest are hd. I even pick hd in netflix. It's weird?

Were you able to fix your net flix problem.  I have the same issue with my TC-65PS64.  Net Flix does not stream in HD where-as Amazon and YouTube does.  Upgraded my comcast wireless router/modem with no success.  Any suggestions?   I also now lose my internet connection every time I leave Smart TV App.  Did not happen with previous router and modem which were separate components.  Also changing Picture Format when streaming does not work.  Very frustrating.  Any help would...

post #739 of 769 Old 01-22-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf612 View Post

Reporting from the S60 owners thread

Long time lurker. I bought the P50S64 from Costco in July. I've loved it, it was a great upgrade from my old 42" Westinghouse LCD, but I've recently noticed a problem.

Whenever I'm watching certain content, there is a significant amount of horizontal line bleed. I've tried different picture settings, lowering the contrast, changing inputs and yet it seems to remain. The issue is most noticeable in menus (such as on my xbox one) and on cartoons (the characters on futurama sometimes have a clearly visible horizontal line though them - coming from elsewhere on the screen).

Is this problem noticeable to the others? Is my unit faulty? It's hooked up to a sony str-dn1000 receiver, via HDMI. I do see the issue through the integrated Netflix app so I'm pretty confident it's not the cable or receiver.

I know line bleed is a plasma issue, and granted I don't really see it on content like planet earth or Battlefield 4, but I do notice it often enough that it is bothering me. Please help!

I can post screenshots later if that helps.

A couple thoughts:

- The ST60 I own is my first 50" plasma having previously owned several 42" plasmas. (I also played around with the S60 which is why I visit this thread). I find line bleed more prevalent in the ST60 than I did in previous televisions. However, I find it's just more noticeable in the places where I would typically find line bleed (graphical menus, etc).

- It is possible these TVs have more line bleed this year. Alternatively, it's possible that I'm noticing it more because I now am watching a 50" rather than a 42" television.

- Though I think it's more prevalent now, it's not there all that much in my instance... certainly not during typical viewing or gaming, so I don't think it's a warranty issue for me.

- But if you are seeing it a lot and during regular television viewing (as oppose to when there is a menu on screen), then I think it may be worth a warranty call.
post #740 of 769 Old 01-22-2014, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonlini View Post

Were you able to fix your net flix problem.  I have the same issue with my TC-65PS64.  Net Flix does not stream in HD where-as Amazon and YouTube does.  Upgraded my comcast wireless router/modem with no success.  Any suggestions?   I also now lose my internet connection every time I leave Smart TV App.  Did not happen with previous router and modem which were separate components.  Also changing Picture Format when streaming does not work.  Very frustrating.  Any help would...

I've said it before, but I certainly agree that whatever is causing Netflix to constantly "downshift" in res is irritating. I saw it dropping to 480 frequently. I checked it pushing the italic i (info) button on my controller and sure enough, it was dropping way down AND often. Why don't more people complain about this? Maybe many are using other devices for streaming??

Also irritating is format or zoom or whatever being disabled in Netflix when streamed direct. I mean, if I wanted a bleeping 30" TV, that's what I would have bought. rolleyes.gif

I'm beginning to believe that some of it is whatever drivers or software are on the TV for Netflix. I'm not sure who takes responsibility for that or those. I suspect with lower volume devices like the S60/64, it may come down to some finger pointing. Whereas with high volume devices like a PS3 ("Vigilink" removed by MountainMichael), Netflix might take more responsibility and be a little more customer responsive... I'm doubting it is a hardware problem if other apps are working properly.

I dislike these problems enough that I only stream direct when the PSN is down. Thankfully, that is way less often than a year ago. Otherwise, I use a PS3 and it works great as a streaming device. My Dad uses a Roku with good success. Though it seems to overheat if set on 1080 for more than a few hours, the S64 seems to upscale 720 very well on my Dad's 50 inch S64 TV.

Does anyone know if it is typical for Netflix to have these bad habits on other TV's or is this isolated to the Panny S60/64? I say again: I sure find it irritating.

connmen: Can you comment on whether you see these problems with Netflix when streamed direct on your ST60? I never got to try streaming direct before I had to return my ST60. It was a truly great TV, but it had been dropped by the shipper, so I think that is why it developed the intermittent fault. It was amazing the screen wasn't shattered according to the guy who delivered it. I agree.

BTW, your input regarding line bleed is right on track, IMHO. I seldom see it, but it is there sometimes. If someone is seeing it in most normal content, something could be amiss with the TV.

A noteworthy time and one of the few times I noticed it 3 or 4 months back: A scene where someone's shadowed personage was standing directly in front of a brightly lit brilliant white freezer case in a grocery store. I could then see the lines of the bright white shelves running right across the actor's face. I mean chiseled across to where I thought something in the TV had failed. Is that in fact line bleed or is that something else?

Anyway, I rarely notice it on my 65 inch S64, but I do agree and believe that size makes many such defects more noticeable on average.

mm
post #741 of 769 Old 01-22-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMichael View Post

connmen: Can you comment on whether you see these problems with Netflix when streamed direct on your ST60? I never got to try streaming direct before I had to return my ST60.

I'll check this weekend. I don't subscribe to Netflix but they have a 30 day free trial. Will sign up this weekend to test it out.
post #742 of 769 Old 01-22-2014, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by connmen View Post

I'll check this weekend. I don't subscribe to Netflix but they have a 30 day free trial. Will sign up this weekend to test it out.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it!
post #743 of 769 Old 01-23-2014, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok, I understand that some of you have great cameras whereas I have a toaster. It was time for more pics in the thread and I invite you all to do better than this - which would take not that much.

Still, I tried like heck to get my lame/antique toaster to do a decent pic and this is the best it could do. And I mean, I tried many different variations having taken maybe 10,000 plus "pro" pics for on-the-job reasons. Now those were obviously with better equipment and not trying to photo a TV screen, but I'm just saying.

Anyway, this pic should have had soul shocking reality whereas the pic makes it look like someone was disinterested.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a better toaster.

Lame pic below is from Unknown and should have been haunting. Instead, it just looks lame. Anyway, for those of you who somehow shoot those amazing pics, this is an invitation. This thread needs more pics! biggrin.gif And it wouldn't take much to do better than this... though in person, it was yet another "wow" moment.

Micke

post #744 of 769 Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a TC-50PS64 and need to get a little height upwards on the stand so I can squeeze a Vizio 42" 5.1 soundbar underneath. Any suggestions?
post #745 of 769 Old 01-27-2014, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppa206 View Post

I have a TC-50PS64 and need to get a little height upwards on the stand so I can squeeze a Vizio 42" 5.1 soundbar underneath. Any suggestions?

There are a couple of companies selling a product called "TV Riser" in Amazon so you can do this with an existing TV stand. However, feedback was not great due to up to 4 months turnaround time, so I made something similar using oak plywood, then stained it for a decent match with my existing "meh" grade TV stand. Actually, I stained it too dark, but it could easily have been done correctly. rolleyes.gif

I sized it so it would fit my center speaker channel and also so I don't have to look at my feet anymore. cool.gif

Most risers I saw just sat on rubber pads and that may be ok. I planned to use acoustical foam inside the riser, so I went ahead and screwed it down with some L brackets to the platform knowing the foam would hide the brackets. I was concerned with motion due to my TV stand having a rotating platform the TV sits on.

I'm sure there are other ways; this was my quick solution, FWIW.
bigpoppa206 likes this.
post #746 of 769 Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Still lovin' this TV. My magnet pads damp whatever popping. The popping got worse in the cold season for whatever reason. However, it's now backing off again back to where it was in warm weather. I suppose the slip surfaces are wearing in or some such?

Antique "Hawaii Five-0" re-runs seem to have very high resolution. A lot better than I was expecting.

m
post #747 of 769 Old 02-16-2014, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
MM: What are the magnet pads you're referencing? I also notice the buzzing from time-to-time and was trying to find a way to dampen the sound. Thanks in advance!

Panasonic did drop new a Firmware back in Nov 2013, but can't say I noticed any changes. Here's the link: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-50PS64?t=downloads&support#tabs
post #748 of 769 Old 02-16-2014, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwlness View Post

MM: What are the magnet pads you're referencing? I also notice the buzzing from time-to-time and was trying to find a way to dampen the sound. Thanks in advance!

Panasonic did drop new a Firmware back in Nov 2013, but can't say I noticed any changes. Here's the link: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-50PS64?t=downloads&support#tabs

Hi, kuwlness. Thanks for giving the thread a kick start.

If you reference the below linked thread and give it a quick scan, it will answer all of your questions.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1479356/2013-panasonic-s60-s64-diy-noise-reduction-experiments-illustrated

I've been blessed with 2 panny plasmas with zero buzzing. However, when I induced buzzing in the one, the magnet pads didn't do a thing for it. Nada. I believe most of that noise comes out of the one upper vent.

The magnet pads are unproven and readers are excessively warned not to try it with their TVs due to valid concerns stated by others in the thread.

If you can hear buzzing over normal volume, it might be a good idea to see if you can get Panny to agree to trying a warranty repair.
post #749 of 769 Old 02-27-2014, 12:19 PM

Liked: 10

Just letting you know, Sams club in Ontario ohio has some of these still in stock. The 65" versions. When I bought mine the associate tried to talk into led and told me first thing to do was to put tv in vivid mode.

People are so blinded by the companies brainwashing them with buzz words in their advertising.
post #750 of 769 Old 03-14-2014, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone know if I can disable the onboard sound on a TC50PS64? I have hooked it up to a Vizio soundbar and was wondering if the TV remote can be used to raise and lower volume on the soundbar (which does have a learning mode on it.)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page