Panasonic TC-65PS64 and TC-50PS64 ~OWNER'S POLL~ - Page 26 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Are you glad overall that you bought the PanasonicTC-xxPS64?
Yes, totally glad. 22 88.00%
No, I regret it. 0 0%
I'm ambivalent. Serious doubts. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #751 of 767 Old 03-15-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey bigpoppa, i have a bose 321 hooked to my tv which is connected via optical line from the bose to the tv. it has it's own remote. i have the tv volume down to 0. Though my bose handles the the sound through it's remote if i was to turn the volume up on the tv i would still get sound from tv speakers. so i keep at 0 Does your sound bar have it's own remote, also how is connected to the tv?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 767 Old 03-16-2014, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Have you tried Viera Link yet?
post #753 of 767 Old 03-29-2014, 09:54 PM

Liked: 16
So - I have happily be enjoying my TC-50PS64 Plasma since July. I have only one complaint which is the awful (relative to LCD) line bleed I experience on certain pieces of content.

Anyway, I just re-did nearly all of my 'room' theater and moved from wall mounted front speakers to floorstanding towers! The TV has been wallmounted on a wall which is roughly 62" wide and so without the speakers flanking the set, I have all this new space on the wall...which got me thinking.
Is there anyway I could sell my current set (under 500 hours) on craigslist, amazon or ebay and switch over to the TC-65ps64?! Those extra fifteen inches would be freaking awesome.

Basically wondering if anyone has had any success lately at picking up a new or used 65" model - or has sold either of the ps64 models successfully?
post #754 of 767 Old 04-04-2014, 07:36 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf612 View Post

So - I have happily be enjoying my TC-50PS64 Plasma since July. I have only one complaint which is the awful (relative to LCD) line bleed I experience on certain pieces of content.

Anyway, I just re-did nearly all of my 'room' theater and moved from wall mounted front speakers to floorstanding towers! The TV has been wallmounted on a wall which is roughly 62" wide and so without the speakers flanking the set, I have all this new space on the wall...which got me thinking. Is there anyway I could sell my current set (under 500 hours) on craigslist, amazon or ebay and switch over to the TC-65ps64?! Those extra fifteen inches would be freaking awesome.

You'd have better luck selling your TV on EBay Local or Amazon.

Quote:
Basically wondering if anyone has had any success lately at picking up a new or used 65" model - or has sold either of the ps64 models successfully?

It may be difficult to find a legitimate seller or owner or retailer who has a 65" S64 for sale.

Selling and buying TVs on Craigslist is frustrating. You get deluged with emails offering half your asking price, yet sellers tend to greatly over-value their used TVs and price them 2 to 10 times higher than they're actually worth. I had my 50GT50 for sale for $900 a few months ago (i'd paid $1400 for it new) and got over a dozen lowball offers with the highest one being like $700. I said screw it and stored it away to use in another room in the future.

Personally i'd keep that 50" S64 as i don't think you can get much money for it and you'll never find another 50" TV with that good of picture quality. My local Costco stores were selling their last ones at $599 and it was all i could do to resist buying one to store away for the future.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #755 of 767 Old 04-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

You'd have better luck selling your TV on EBay Local or Amazon.
It may be difficult to find a legitimate seller or owner or retailer who has a 65" S64 for sale.

Selling and buying TVs on Craigslist is frustrating. You get deluged with emails offering half your asking price, yet sellers tend to greatly over-value their used TVs and price them 2 to 10 times higher than they're actually worth. I had my 50GT50 for sale for $900 a few months ago (i'd paid $1400 for it new) and got over a dozen lowball offers with the highest one being like $700. I said screw it and stored it away to use in another room in the future.

Personally i'd keep that 50" S64 as i don't think you can get much money for it and you'll never find another 50" TV with that good of picture quality. My local Costco stores were selling their last ones at $599 and it was all i could do to resist buying one to store away for the future.

I found a 65" new in open original box for $1,000 flat so I decided to test the waters a bit. Had a bunch of low ball offers ($500) and one who didn't specify price though I listed asking at $700. You're probably right though, I am probably best keeping my current set
post #756 of 767 Old 04-13-2014, 05:25 PM

I've been very happy with my TC-65PS64 so far, but I'm still struggling to find a way to fix a few things.

My current setup on this unit consists of:

- Time warner HDMI cable box
- Xbox One
- Denon AVR-1913
- 5.1 setup with Klipsch RW 12D, and Sony

XB1 and cable box runs though the receiver via HDMI, HDMI out to TV, etc.

#1. When watching an mp4 file off a jump stick inserted into the TV itself, how do I get the volume to come through the speakers connected to my AVR-1913? Volume is only heard through the 65PS64 speakers.
#2. Some AVI files on my jump drive won't play, but all mp4 files play. Why is this?
#3. When hooking up a laptop direct to the TV by HDMI, I get video but no sound coming from TV or speakers connected to AVR-1913. Not sure how to correct this?
#4. There doesn't appear to be any options on the TC-65PS64 to stream media from a PC that has win 7 / 8 by wifi. I see options for netflix and Hulu, but can streaming from PC be done?
post #757 of 767 Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post

#1. When watching an mp4 file off a jump stick inserted into the TV itself, how do I get the volume to come through the speakers connected to my AVR-1913? Volume is only heard through the 65PS64 speakers.
#2. Some AVI files on my jump drive won't play, but all mp4 files play. Why is this?
#3. When hooking up a laptop direct to the TV by HDMI, I get video but no sound coming from TV or speakers connected to AVR-1913. Not sure how to correct this?
#4. There doesn't appear to be any options on the TC-65PS64 to stream media from a PC that has win 7 / 8 by wifi. I see options for netflix and Hulu, but can streaming from PC be done?

#1, try changing your audio output? I use a Vizio soundbar so everything on my system goes through one sound source, all connected through HDMI.

#2. its the encoding of whoever ripped the AVI. I frequently run mine though Videoredo and re-encode them really fast as mp4s because as you found out, they work.

#3. Assuming the HDMI is coming off the video card from the laptop? The card is not made to handle audio too. You need to run a separate line with those audio signals to the AVR.

#4. You can try and use DLNA but Im not sure if that will work. I use a wired ethernet network to make sure I get the best possible speeds with no loss in speed. All my movies or recorded TV shows can stream directly to the TV.
post #758 of 767 Old 04-16-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppa206 View Post

#1, try changing your audio output? I use a Vizio soundbar so everything on my system goes through one sound source, all connected through HDMI.

#2. its the encoding of whoever ripped the AVI. I frequently run mine though Videoredo and re-encode them really fast as mp4s because as you found out, they work.

#3. Assuming the HDMI is coming off the video card from the laptop? The card is not made to handle audio too. You need to run a separate line with those audio signals to the AVR.

#4. You can try and use DLNA but Im not sure if that will work. I use a wired ethernet network to make sure I get the best possible speeds with no loss in speed. All my movies or recorded TV shows can stream directly to the TV.

I'll try fiber optic cable.
I'll give videoredo a shot.
HDMI is coming off the video card. I tried using a 3.5mm to red/white RCA splitter putting the RCA's in the in the aux port on the front of the AVR-1913, but when I select AUX, the video cuts out. I can get audio or video based on AVR-1913 source selections, but not both at the same time. What audio source on the AVR do I need to use?

I tried DLNA, but going wireless even with 15mbps, the stream is choppy as hell. What kind of speed do I need to stream? I tried various videos at various quality, they all had the same latency issues.
post #759 of 767 Old 05-08-2014, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
To turn off the speakers you have to enter the service menu and set the tv in hotel mode and adjust the volume to 0. Im debating getting this tv or a used st60 from craaigslist or ebay. Seems like everyone is enjoying theirs!
post #760 of 767 Old 05-31-2014, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Quote: Originally Posted by pimpology26

To turn off the speakers you have to enter the service menu and set the tv in hotel mode and adjust the volume to 0. Im debating getting this tv or a used st60 from craaigslist or ebay. Seems like everyone is enjoying theirs!

3,349 hours on my 65" in just one year and the love affair goes on.

I wonder about the very few but severe complaints about line bleed. Thankfully, I've only seen this twice in a year. Wondering if it is due to an occasional defect.

Last edited by MountainMichael; 08-10-2014 at 12:55 PM.
post #761 of 767 Old 05-31-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMichael View Post

3,349 hours on my 65" in just one year and the love affair goes on.

I've not kept tabs on Panny production so maybe there is more bang for the buck in the '14 lineup?

I thought Panny halted plasma production after 2013.

For some reason, I wasn't getting e-mails for a few months now, but just updated a local OTA thread and started getting e-mails about these threads. Oh well, I'm so busy skiing during ski season that it's only during the off season that I start playing with my TVs, HTPCs, etc. anyway. I have to look up the hours on my set. I got used to leaving on my old HD Sony tube on all the time because of the whole PITA HDMI-DVI connection reset process that I tend to leave my S64 on once I turn it on, so it typically runs up 4 hours a night (until auto-shut-off) also. The last couple of weekends I successfully hooked up an HD converter box to the 27" tube in my bedroom and will return the Comcast box they've been charging me $2/month for. Next up is to finally get my HTPC working so I can return their DVR and hopefully drop cable TV entirely and save $100/month.
post #762 of 767 Old 05-31-2014, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
No buzzing here either other than that one time I had the back panel loose.

Last edited by MountainMichael; 08-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.
post #763 of 767 Old 06-02-2014, 07:31 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMichael View Post

I wonder about the few but severe complaints about line bleed. I've seen this just twice in a year so I'm wondering about possibly defective units, settings, etc? The only prominent time I saw it was in a scene where a darkly dressed person walked in front of a brilliantly lighted white refrigerated display case in a store. I'm using CNET's dedicated S64 settings - whether that has anything to do with it or not, I wouldn't know.

Line bleed severity seems to vary from panel to panel and scene to scene, and i don't think it has to do with any particular settings. I've seen it in scenes where i didn't expect it, and i've also seen scenes that i would have thought would cause it but did not see any.

Quote:
I've not kept tabs on Panny production so maybe there is more bang for the buck in the '14 lineup?

Panasonic exited the Plasma manufacturing business in early December 2013, and their remaining inventory of all models dried up within a few months after that so there are no 2014 Plasmas. They scrapped their plans to get into the OLED business (i never believed they would build these anyway). This year, they're only offering a few LCD models but they don't manufacture any of those panels - they outsource them from their Korean competitors. Panasonic Display division is now just a hollow shell of what they once were. Such a shame to see such a once-great and honorable company fall apart and fail so miserably.
ChadThunder likes this.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
post #764 of 767 Old 06-02-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Are any other companies sticking with OLED development? Soon after Panny's announcement that they were halting plasma production, I read that Samsung or Sony was discovering that they were encountering OLED manufacturing difficulties and that it would not drop in price rapidly like 4K LED. I hope OLED does not die prematurely as it is the one technology superior to plasma and even a lowly 720p plasma beat out a budget 4k set in a CNET review. Fortunately, I only replace my sets when they die (which has historically been around 10 years), which hopefully is enough time for OLED to become affordable. I would like to replace the old 27" tubes in my bedroom and office bedroom with flat panels that have OTA tuners sooner than that, however.
post #765 of 767 Old 06-22-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oinchats View Post
Can someone post the length and width of the stand for the 65". I want to see if I need a new stand and my Costco only has the 50" in store.

Thanks for all the feedback on the reflection
Anyone know if there are adjustable pedestals for the 50" model? Need to raise mine up a couple of inches for a soundbar.
post #766 of 767 Old 06-22-2014, 07:02 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppa206 View Post
Anyone know if there are adjustable pedestals for the 50" model? Need to raise mine up a couple of inches for a soundbar.
How about a height-adjustable pedestal base to replace the factory base? These two have flat bases with a flat surface to lay the soundbar on, and you could tuck it under the TV backed up against the upright.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SD010O/...I259SWMMQGLB6Y

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DZVPFGU/...I1I3OZEXEJ6FAQ

MountainMichael likes this.

Randy
post #767 of 767 Old 06-22-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
How about a height-adjustable pedestal base to replace the factory base? These two have flat bases with a flat surface to lay the soundbar on, and you could tuck it under the TV backed up against the upright.
Looks great, will have to investigate further. Thanks!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page