Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro_Stormy View Post
Since everyone is sharing...
here are my PN43F4550 settings...

These settings will not be right for everyone's TV...

Think of them as a starting point... and tweak from there...

I hope you find the settings useful...
Bizarro, your settings have been amazing on my TV. I appreciate that you keep updating your post with the newest settings also
Bizarro_Stormy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 831 Old 07-01-2014, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Praino View Post
Bizarro, your settings have been amazing on my TV. I appreciate that you keep updating your post with the newest settings also
Welcome to AVS! In case you haven't discovered already, this is one of the best TVs you'll find under 50". While it might not be the best performer, it does better than high-performing LCD TVs, and right now, it can be had for under $400! If rich colors and deep blacks are important to you, it's a good thing you got this TV when you did because if Samsung decides not to cary it into 2015, you'd have to wait for OLEDs to come down in price in order to achieve the deep blacks, rich color, and fairly bright whites this TV can achieve.
post #693 of 831 Old 07-01-2014, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Talking

After endless wars about watching tv in the dark I configured some side lights and the effect was dramatic. I find it very easy on the eyes and the overall effect is very pleasing.
The Tv handles the light very well as its not direct to the screen.
Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Finally peace in the house.
post #694 of 831 Old 07-02-2014, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Rider View Post
After endless wars about watching tv in the dark I configured some side lights and the effect was dramatic. I find it very easy on the eyes and the overall effect is very pleasing.
Attachment 145130

Attachment 145138

what bias light are you using there? 51 inch tv?
post #695 of 831 Old 07-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krh77 View Post
what bias light are you using there? 51 inch tv?
Am just using LED strip lights. They have a small remote that controls the intensity of the light and changes the color but I just use white.
The TV is 43"
post #696 of 831 Old 07-05-2014, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
Below are some instructions for updating firmware on a US model 4500 (whether an AFXZA or a BFXZA). I would assume that the 43" and 51" use the same firmware. I'll be using the 43" in my instructions. It seems as though if you have version 1003, even if you have a BFXZA, all that seems to mean is that the TV was made in 2013, but released in 2014.

1. Go to http://www.samsung.com .

2. In the search field, type PN43F4500 .

3. Whether you have an AFXZA or a BFXZA, under PN43F4500AFXZA, click on Support (US models only).

4. Click See All Downloads.

5. Under firmware version 1027.2, click Zip.

6. Click Send.

7. Click Save.

8. So we can all troubleshoot at the forum, we should save the T-NVTF6AKUC file to our desktops. So select the Desktop as the target location.

9. Click Save.

10. Wait for the download to finish. If you see some kind of download completed notification message, close it.

11. Unzip T-NVTF6AKUC to the desktop. Let it save the extracted files to the default location. Be sure to uncheck "Show extracted files."

12. To avoid confusion, delete T-NVTF6AKUC.ZIP, and not the new folder called T-NVTF6AKUC.

13. Back up all important files from the USB stick you plan on using.

14. Format your USB stick. I'm not sure whether FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS will make a difference.

15. Copy the T-NVTF6AKUC folder to your USB stick. The TV will look for this folder with the two files in it.

16. Plug your USB stick into the TV.

17. Have your TV look for the update.

A. If your TV doesn't find the update, then we'll have to chat with Samsung about this.

B. If your TV does find the update, hit ENTER/OK on your remote. The TV will start updating. Do not touch the TV until it reboots and the update is finished.

19. Disconnect your USB stick from your TV.

20. In order to avoid any conflicts from the previous firmware version, reset all your TV's settings to the factory defaults.

21. Make all your settings. Because new firmware has corrected some HDMI picture issues, you might wind up with picture settings other than the ones you made before you updated your firmware. The settings I posted were made with 1027.2 installed. Speaking of which, I have another revision I never posted here yet.

I only did the update once, so I forget exactly what menus, submenus, subsubmenus, etc. you have to get to to launch the update procedure, but it sounds like you guys know that part well enough you can do it in your sleep. I think the harder part is preparing your computers and USB sticks so your TVs can recognize the update.

Good luck,

Big C

Did this several times, with both firmware listed on the site ):
Will give it another shot for S&G

Clint
Obsession Pimp
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #697 of 831 Old 07-05-2014, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello - I purchased this TV today (43" size) and wanted to update the firmware.

The "Contact Samsung" window shows version T-NT14LAKUC-1003.0

I tried the USB update several times with the downloads from the website (trying both 1017.1 and 1027.2). Is 1003.0 truly the latest version, or am I doing something wrong with the USB update.

Samsung support (chat) says that this is the latest version.

Thanks.
post #698 of 831 Old 07-05-2014, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejee View Post
Hello - I purchased this TV today (43" size) and wanted to update the firmware.

The "Contact Samsung" window shows version T-NT14LAKUC-1003.0

I tried the USB update several times with the downloads from the website (trying both 1017.1 and 1027.2). Is 1003.0 truly the latest version, or am I doing something wrong with the USB update.

Samsung support (chat) says that this is the latest version.

Thanks.
Samsung Support is correct. 1003 is the current firmware for the 4500BFXZA model that was made this year. All of the firmware updates are for the 4500AFXZA model made in 2013.
post #699 of 831 Old 07-08-2014, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just picked this tv up as an upgrade from a 40" Samsung LCD (A530, excellent tv) for the bedroom. Got the 51" at Sears for $399. First one had a cracked panel, had to take back, 2nd one perfect! This is a bedroom tv and will almost solely be directv and some netflix through a chromecast. Just put 22pts settings on. Very, very happy so far. Was a bit concerned with 720p, but the picture is outstanding. I do have to control the light in the room. I have a window to the right of the tv and with it open, the thing is a mirror and washed. But I have some great room darkening curtains and they do an excellent job. Thankfully, majority of the tv watching will be done at night. Any tips for going forward? But, so far, super happy!
post #700 of 831 Old 07-09-2014, 05:35 AM

Liked: 24
Enjoy ,this is a very good set. A bargain in my opinion.
post #701 of 831 Old 07-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Couldn't resist. Ordered the 43" from BB last night for $299.99. Will see how it stands up to my 50" Pio Elite. My expectations are low, but for the money, should be adequate for the bedroom. Same price with free shipping direct from Samsung by the way.
post #702 of 831 Old 07-12-2014, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
After hemming and hawwing I went to Best Buy and got a 43" for the bedroom. Very pleased with the picture once I turned off the eco-whatever that kept dimming the screen. The feature I wish it had would be a way to set the internal speakers on or off for individual sources, rather than system wide. Otherwise it's looking good so far.

There was one small glitch. The power cord strikes me as a bit on the short side. It fell a foot or so short of reaching my power strip that two previous tvs could manage with ease. But in the basement I had a power cord from a long-ago Mac that was the same thickness (maybe even a bit thicker) and about 18" longer that otherwise matched the Samsung-supplied one. It seems to work just fine.

Speaking of power cords, I must be completely missing something absurdly simple regarding the supplied ferrite core things they want you to attach to the power cords. They want them right up close to the tv end of the power cord, but what's supposed to hold them there? When I attach them they don't even come close to making any kind of tight fit with the powercord and just merrily zoom down the cord to the lowest available spot. Am I supposed to stick them in place with scotch tape, or is there something obvious that's going right past me?

EtA: Oh I just found a little 'cable manager' stick-on thing. I have a feeling that has something to do with it...

yours truly, johnny dollar

Last edited by johnny dollar; 07-12-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: new info
post #703 of 831 Old 07-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny dollar View Post
After hemming and hawwing I went to Best Buy and got a 43" for the bedroom. Very pleased with the picture once I turned off the eco-whatever that kept dimming the screen. The feature I wish it had would be a way to set the internal speakers on or off for individual sources, rather than system wide. Otherwise it's looking good so far.

There was one small glitch. The power cord strikes me as a bit on the short side. It fell a foot or so short of reaching my power strip that two previous tvs could manage with ease. But in the basement I had a power cord from a long-ago Mac that was the same thickness (maybe even a bit thicker) and about 18" longer that otherwise matched the Samsung-supplied one. It seems to work just fine.

Speaking of power cords, I must be completely missing something absurdly simple regarding the supplied ferrite core things they want you to attach to the power cords. They want them right up close to the tv end of the power cord, but what's supposed to hold them there? When I attach them they don't even come close to making any kind of tight fit with the powercord and just merrily zoom down the cord to the lowest available spot. Am I supposed to stick them in place with scotch tape, or is there something obvious that's going right past me?

EtA: Oh I just found a little 'cable manager' stick-on thing. I have a feeling that has something to do with it...

I can get one to stay in place if I clamp it around the base of the plastic piece that fits into the back of the tv. No idea where to put the 2nd one....
post #704 of 831 Old 07-12-2014, 01:37 PM

My little plastic piece didn't exactly fit into anything I could see but it had an adhesive stick-on bottom so that's what I did. I used it for almost a full day without the ferrite doodad on the powercord and now that's it's there I can't see that it does anything. But it's not hurting anything so I'll leave it there. Everything still looking great.

post #705 of 831 Old 07-13-2014, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for this thread! I picked up a 43" yesterday, and this morning while the wife and myself were watching tv, it starts cutting off and back on again. It might have done it 10-12 times before I powered the tv off for several seconds and cut it back on. It hasnt done it any more, but I'm a little worried about it.Should I be? Oh, and what exactly are the "ferrite doodads" supposed to do anyway?
post #706 of 831 Old 07-13-2014, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddr32 View Post
Thanks for this thread! I picked up a 43" yesterday, and this morning while the wife and myself were watching tv, it starts cutting off and back on again. It might have done it 10-12 times before I powered the tv off for several seconds and cut it back on. It hasnt done it any more, but I'm a little worried about it.Should I be? Oh, and what exactly are the "ferrite doodads" supposed to do anyway?
The ferrite core suppresses high frequency noise that may be induced into the power cord--ie it stops the cord from acting as an antenna/filters out high freq signals/harmonics in the AC power.

If your 4500 shuts off again, if you havent already, make sure the power cord is securely plugged into the set, and that it fits tight in the wall outlet. If both are tight and it happens again, return it ASAP for another.
post #707 of 831 Old 07-14-2014, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny dollar View Post
My little plastic piece didn't exactly fit into anything I could see but it had an adhesive stick-on bottom so that's what I did. I used it for almost a full day without the ferrite doodad on the powercord and now that's it's there I can't see that it does anything. But it's not hurting anything so I'll leave it there. Everything still looking great.
The power cord is supposed to be wrapped around the ferrite core, so that the cord fills up the inside cavity with two passes instead of just one, if that makes any sense at all. It should have come with a little instruction sheet with a diagram of it.
post #708 of 831 Old 07-14-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsketchie View Post
The power cord is supposed to be wrapped around the ferrite core, so that the cord fills up the inside cavity with two passes instead of just one, if that makes any sense at all. It should have come with a little instruction sheet with a diagram of it.
Really? My diagram just shows the core going around a straight cable, no looping. And the text sez "open the ferrite core and clip it around the cable near the end of the plug'. I'm not sure two passes of my replacement power cord (slightly thicker than the original) would fit inside the core but I might give it a try.

post #709 of 831 Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Rider View Post
Attachment 145130

Attachment 145138

I received these today http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Kit-5...E:L:OC:GB:3160

It has 3M sticky tape on the back, and you can cut the light strip every 3 leds. Also I used my i1 Pro Rev D spectrophotometer to use the remotes DIY function, you can adjust the balance of red/green/blue, and by decreasing each you can decrease the overall brightness. I adjusted it to about 6550K and 12cdm^2 which is around 10% of the screen brightness. Also I hope the 3rd picture helps with what the ferrite and plug should look like.
post #710 of 831 Old 07-17-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I'd like to put a TV on the wall in front of my elliptical. The problem is, I'm going to be pretty close. Maybe 4-5 feet away. So I have a couple of questions:
1) This close, are the larger pixels or the screen door effect bothersome?
2) Is the audio good enough or loud enough so that I can hear dialog clearly over the noise of typical elliptical exercise equipment?

I know that either a smaller 720 set or a 1080 set in the same size would probably be better, but plasma pickings are slim these days. I'd probably get a Panasonic S60 if those were still available, because they are 1080 and 1" smaller, but choices are severely limited.
post #711 of 831 Old 07-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
If anyone has done any comparison between the Samsung 43" and LG 42", please let me know here:

LG 42PN4500 vs Samsug PN43F4500
post #712 of 831 Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
I'd like to put a TV on the wall in front of my elliptical. The problem is, I'm going to be pretty close. Maybe 4-5 feet away. So I have a couple of questions:
1) This close, are the larger pixels or the screen door effect bothersome?
2) Is the audio good enough or loud enough so that I can hear dialog clearly over the noise of typical elliptical exercise equipment?

I know that either a smaller 720 set or a 1080 set in the same size would probably be better, but plasma pickings are slim these days. I'd probably get a Panasonic S60 if those were still available, because they are 1080 and 1" smaller, but choices are severely limited.
I have the 51" and I have no problem from 5' away, its a great looking set. For your viewing distance the 43" should be even better!
post #713 of 831 Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Praino View Post
I just bought a Samsung PN43F4500, and Bizarro's settings are marvelous. Maybe not theoretically perfect since every set is slightly different, but so much better than the very simple adjustments I made by eye. Thanks for the discussion and contributions of everyone who has tried tuning this TV.
post #714 of 831 Old 07-18-2014, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22point8 View Post
I received these today http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Kit-5...E:L:OC:GB:3160

It has 3M sticky tape on the back, and you can cut the light strip every 3 leds. Also I used my i1 Pro Rev D spectrophotometer to use the remotes DIY function, you can adjust the balance of red/green/blue, and by decreasing each you can decrease the overall brightness. I adjusted it to about 6550K and 12cdm^2 which is around 10% of the screen brightness. Also I hope the 3rd picture helps with what the ferrite and plug should look like.
Can these lights output warm white light?

post #715 of 831 Old 07-18-2014, 11:44 AM

They can, but not out of the box, all the presets are over 10000K and the max brightness is 330cdm^2.
I used one the the DIY buttons, and used a meter. One slight annoyance is that my TV and soundbar (Yamaha YAS-101) remotes both interfere so I have to keep the light strip remote handy to put it back to my diy setting. Still it was only £10. I watched the remastered (not to be confused with that new film) RoboCop bluray last night, it really does help, my black levels are really good anyway (0.007cdm^2) but the bias lighting made the small top and bottom borders invisible against the bezel.
Vegeta likes this.
post #716 of 831 Old 07-18-2014, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22point8 View Post
They can, but not out of the box, all the presets are over 10000K and the max brightness is 330cdm^2.
I used one the the DIY buttons, and used a meter. One slight annoyance is that my TV and soundbar (Yamaha YAS-101) remotes both interfere so I have to keep the light strip remote handy to put it back to my diy setting. Still it was only £10. I watched the remastered (not to be confused with that new film) RoboCop bluray last night, it really does help, my black levels are really good anyway (0.007cdm^2) but the bias lighting made the small top and bottom borders invisible against the bezel.
Are the light settings saved? For example, I set the lights to emit warm white, switch them off and when I switch them on later, they are still set to output warm white.
post #717 of 831 Old 07-18-2014, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just picked up this TV from Future Shop in Toronto for $399 and I am just blown away by it. I am so glad i found this thread or else I would have stuck with a rather poor performing (by comparison) Dynex 40 for the bedroom. Instead I'm giving away the Dynex to a friend and I have a brilliant new TV for late night viewing. I've only done a by-eye calibration so far and it's very impressive. Best looking TV I've owned since a Samsung 32" CRT back between 2001 through 2006.
post #718 of 831 Old 07-18-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Are the light settings saved? For example, I set the lights to emit warm white, switch them off and when I switch them on later, they are still set to output warm white.
Yes they are.
Vegeta likes this.
post #719 of 831 Old 07-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Since I'm recovering from surgery this week, I can't make it to stores, so I apologize in advance...
But I posted a thread topic here, as looking to replace my Panasonic 36" TAU HDTV (CT-36HX41) that I purchased in 2001 for $2k.
Due to my entertainment cabinet, I can't go any larger, and still the 43" Samsung will be a tight fit, and may not fit, would have to buy and try.
But I'd like to know how noticable is the buzz on the Samsung PN43F4500 and does it have cooling fans (if so can you hear them)?
I was reading reviews on the Best Buy site and one person said the buzzing was too noticeable on the Samsung PN43F4500 and they returned it for the LG 42PN4500 which made no noise and the image was better.
Thank you.
post #720 of 831 Old 07-20-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
Since I'm recovering from surgery this week, I can't make it to stores, so I apologize in advance...
But I posted a thread topic here, as looking to replace my Panasonic 36" TAU HDTV (CT-36HX41) that I purchased in 2001 for $2k.
Due to my entertainment cabinet, I can't go any larger, and still the 43" Samsung will be a tight fit, and may not fit, would have to buy and try.
But I'd like to know how noticable is the buzz on the Samsung PN43F4500 and does it have cooling fans (if so can you hear them)?
I was reading reviews on the Best Buy site and one person said the buzzing was too noticeable on the Samsung PN43F4500 and they returned it for the LG 42PN4500 which made no noise and the image was better.
Thank you.
Well, the 51" version 4500 does not have cooling fans so I highly doubt the 43" version does. Also, I would be highly suspect of claims that the LG set has better image/ PQ than the Samsung. The Sammy 51" set has over 10x better contrast ratio than the 50" LGPN6500, so unless the LG 42"4500 has vastly improved contrast, I would have a hard time believing that.

Also, the 43" Samsung is available for $299 at the moment-- pretty much a steal. I will say the LG has a more pleasing bezel and stand design, I'll give it that.

As far as buzz, unless you are watching TV in a mouse-fart quiet location with the TV volume at less than 5, theres no way you'll hear it on the 51" set, let alone the 43", which I can only imaging would be even less.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn42b450 42 Inch 720p Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60e550 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page