Samsung PNxxF4500 Owners Thread - Page 52 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1531 of 1537 Old 04-18-2015, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy6915 View Post
Is there a way to stop automatic screen dimming? I try to put it on anti burn-in scrolling, but the screen dims after a few minutes as if it's saving power or something. But that dimming means the scrolling can't do its job since the bright parts aren't bright enough to get rid of image retention once dimmed. I need that dimming to stop happening, because it's making the activation of the scrolling pointless unless I come back every 5 minutes to reset the scrolling feature so it's bright again.
Try Vivid mode with the cell light at 20.
That's what iI use when I run the scrolling, and don't see any dimming after a few minutes. Though I've run the scrolling for several hours and still have a HUD Chanel Logo on the top right corner of the screen. I guess I'll never get rid of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1537 Old 04-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
Try Vivid mode with the cell light at 20.
That's what iI use when I run the scrolling, and don't see any dimming after a few minutes. Though I've run the scrolling for several hours and still have a HUD Chanel Logo on the top right corner of the screen. I guess I'll never get rid of it.
Try running some video content with no logos instead of the scrolling. I find it much more effective-- 100% effective in fact, for any bit of IR Ive had on all 3 of my Samsung plasmas. I dont run the scrolling pattern at all.

Displays: Samsung PN51F5300BFXA, PN51F4500AFXA, PN51F4500BFXA

post #1533 of 1537 Old 04-22-2015, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
How good is the color clipping pattern from AVSHD. Using it I can see red clipping and had to lower color to 46 in movie and 34 in standard.
post #1534 of 1537 Old 04-22-2015, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Rider View Post
How good is the color clipping pattern from AVSHD. Using it I can see red clipping and had to lower color to 46 in movie and 34 in standard.
The color clipping pattern shows how white level affects colors, so you should only be adjusting contrast using that pattern.

Here is a good guide on all the patterns and what to adjust. http://www.w6rz.net/avshd709/Patterns-Manual.pdf
post #1535 of 1537 Old 04-24-2015, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22point8 View Post
Over at the shmups forum it was discovered that game mode does nothing (37ms input lag with leo bodnar tester) and PC was 38ms, so it depends whether you want the better black level from the black optimiser in standard, or lesser black level rise (MLL vs APL)with PC mode.

If you have an 'A' model PC is good 'out of the box', don't know about the 'B'.
Good afternon,
sorry for my bad english, i would like to ask a question, or better, an explanation of the above quote, because i dont understand what is better.
I have a 4500aw model (so its a A model if i understand correctly) and i use it with a PS3, more gaming than movie.
I used your setting at the beginning of the post, where you suggest to label the input as PC because it will be better. Now i came back to look if there are any news and i see the new setting in page 49
It's still valid that pc thing? What is better and why? Please dont be too tech.
Last thing, i see that you posted 2 1080p60 setting, one with motion lighting on, and one with motion lighting off and 10pwhite balance, what are the difference? What motion lighting do? What is better and why?

Sorry for all the question, but im very curious!
Thanks for the patience.
post #1536 of 1537 Old Yesterday, 12:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Still can't decide if I like auto colorspace,color49,gamm-1,or native colorspace with red gain up 2-3 notches and maybe red bias a few clicks up too get a bit more color in skintones(as green and blue are quite saturated in native colorspace),maybe tweak blue?,color43,gamm 0 or -1.It seems cleaner looking,skintones look better,and on auto the reds are just overblown on some material.

Last edited by Vic12345; Yesterday at 01:48 AM.
post #1537 of 1537 Unread Today, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic12345 View Post
Still can't decide if I like auto colorspace,color49,gamm-1,or native colorspace with red gain up 2-3 notches and maybe red bias a few clicks up too get a bit more color in skintones(as green and blue are quite saturated in native colorspace),maybe tweak blue?,color43,gamm 0 or -1.It seems cleaner looking,skintones look better,and on auto the reds are just overblown on some material.
According to 22point8's guide, using custom without changing anything is actually the most accurate out of box.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn42b450 42 Inch 720p Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60e550 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page