Forum Jump: 

post #3061 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardia View Post

I taked it you had broken the TV in for at least 100 hours or so watching full screen with no logos anywhere?

Yup. This is the 2nd ZT I have with over 200hrs with IR issues. I just can't do it anymore.... I just want to watch tv with out worrying about logos, tickers, and score boxes. I doubt anything will compare to the ZTs PQ

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme but it will only add to the overall beauty of my message.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChristopher View Post

Yup. This is the 2nd ZT I have with over 200hrs with IR issues. I just can't do it anymore.... I just want to watch tv with out worrying about logos, tickers, and score boxes. I doubt anything will compare to the ZTs PQ
Curious as to what the contrast level setting was while you were watching the game(s). (Or what settings you are using in general for that matter.)
post #3063 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 02:37 AM

Custom mode. 50 contrast. sharpness 0. Pixel orbiter ON.

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme but it will only add to the overall beauty of my message.
post #3064 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

Get the Sony 4K. It is decent, LCD wise, and the price is reasonable now.
post #3065 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:

You can watch the TV without worrying about IR issues. It is possible. But if you try to find IR you're going to find it, at least some of the time, and in doing so you're going to get yourself all worked up about it. If there's a little bit of IR from time to time then so be it. In all likelihood the appearance and intensity of it will diminish over the next couple hundred hours. Mine has anyway. I have seen IR on a couple of occasions, video games mainly, but yesterday I had football on from about noon through about 10:00 and I see nothing in the way of IR today. My last plasma would have IR from time to time. It wasn't very visible and it all went away eventually. So you may get IR but unless you seriously abuse the TV it's not going to be permanent. Just relax and enjoy the thing already.

post #3066 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Pixel orbiter really isn't going to do anything except to make any IR you do get fuzzy.

post #3067 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:

Well, your best bet then is an LED. Once you get your LED will have a whole list of things that will probably bother you. Of course, LED's can get something like burn in as well, where there is a image stuck on the screen.
post #3068 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM

Liked: 12
Hello,

I'm in the market for a new TV since last Thursday's home break in, and I'm shopping around and the ZT60 is on my radar.
I was a previous Samsung ES8000 LED owner.

Do any of you ZT60 owners play video games on your sets?
Do you see any issues with me playing maybe 3-4 hrs once or twice a week, if that.
Sometimes I go 3 weeks with no play at all, then I will play a few in a row, but its not like I'm a heavy gamer.

This is my only concern with going plasma, the one reason I first chose the LED over Plasma to begin with, so now that my TV has been stolen, I'm back to square one and rethinking my choices.
post #3069 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjmccord View Post

Hello,

I'm in the market for a new TV since last Thursday's home break in, and I'm shopping around and the ZT60 is on my radar.

Do you see any issues with me playing maybe 3-4 hrs once or twice a week, if that.
Sometimes I go 3 weeks with no play at all, then I will play a few in a row, but its not like I'm a heavy gamer.

This is my only concern with going plasma, the one reason I first chose the LED over Plasma to begin with, so now that my TV has been stolen, I'm back to square one and rethinking my choices.
I'm sorry about your break-in.

I play video games (split-screen FPS) on my ZT about as often as you do. I've seen some IR a couple of times but not every time. For example, I played Borderlands 2 for hours on end and had some IR of just a part of the static HUD. And I've seen the shadow of the split screens. But I've played Ghost Recon in split screen for hours and have seen nothing in the way of IR. I think it's safe to say that IR is more likely to occur in the first couple hundred hours of panel life, though YMMV. Regardless, it's temporary.

post #3070 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Well, your best bet then is an LED. Once you get your LED will have a whole list of things that will probably bother you. Of course, LED's can get something like burn in as well, where there is a image stuck on the screen.

He is right. I had a sony LED and hated it.
post #3071 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 12:24 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos5861 View Post

He is right. I had a sony LED and hated it.
I won't be watching anyhthing except full screen movies for 300 hours.
If I do watch TV I be sure to chage the aspect to zoom out any logo or the message bar in the bottom.
post #3072 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2ab View Post

Hi Vinny,

So how did the ZT hold up to the NBC logo or other stationary images during the ND game? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

That damn peacock and scoreboard did actually make a very slight appearance (but the game wasn't watched in full...there was boredom due to the ensuing blowout). This was temporary, however, as these images seemed to disappear near the end of a commercial break. More reports to follow with future games (not sure which). smile.gif

On the other hand, I have since put in Sammie's settings (until I can manage a calibration) and had a marathon with Breaking Bad last night...utterly engrossing PQ!

So Vinny, how did the ZT do in the IR dept for this past weekend of football?
post #3073 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 PM

BTW, is there a way to access the Pixel Orbiter on the ZT60?
post #3074 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

I'm sorry about your break-in.

I play video games (split-screen FPS) on my ZT about as often as you do. I've seen some IR a couple of times but not every time. For example, I played Borderlands 2 for hours on end and had some IR of just a part of the static HUD. And I've seen the shadow of the split screens. But I've played Ghost Recon in split screen for hours and have seen nothing in the way of IR. I think it's safe to say that IR is more likely to occur in the first couple hundred hours of panel life, though YMMV. Regardless, it's temporary.

So you're saying if I do play, and end up seeing some HUD IR, then maybe watching some full screen movies for a while and other shows should make it go away? IF I do get an issue.
post #3075 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So you're saying if I do play, and end up seeing some HUD IR, then maybe watching some full screen movies for a while and other shows should make it go away? IF I do get an issue.
In short, yes. If you do see IR--and odds are you will at some point in the life of a plasma--it will stay there until replaced by something else. In other words regular, non-static content makes it go away. The consensus seems to be that this is more likely to happen earlier in the age of a panel which is why many owners "break in" a new plasma with non-static, 16:9 content for a while to settle down the phosphors. However, there are plenty of owners who didn't follow any break in regimen and who have no irregular problems with IR on their plasmas.
chrisjmccord likes this.

post #3076 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2ab View Post

So Vinny, how did the ZT do in the IR dept for this past weekend of football?
Sorry, football wasn't on the agenda this past weekend for the most part (only viewed the last 30 minutes of the Cowboys game).
post #3077 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Sorry, football wasn't on the agenda this past weekend for the most part (only viewed the last 30 minutes of the Cowboys game).
That's not right, missing the NFL's opening weekend with a new TV.

post #3078 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

None more black?

How much blacker can it be?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqAamL9xls
The answer is None!
post #3079 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. smile.gif Bummer about your image retention problems.

Guess I'll continue to avoid watching sports on mine, or any other bright, static content, for that matter, for any non-negligible length of time. I'm using THX Cinema mode, so far so good, 50 contrast, sharpness 0. (Pixel orbiter off, as well as pretty much everything else off that can be turned off.)

Haven't got around to trying a calibration disc yet, but the colors do seem to be improving (or I've seen enough different content now that at times I run across really good looking stuff pretty often... or maybe I'm back to just being more interested in watching instead of critiquing (something I had to do with my old Sony a lot towards the end (one of the ones with the optical blocks that went bad))).
post #3080 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 04:41 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Hello,

My granddaughter has played 4 or more continuous hours of SPORE on my ZT60 a few times. I just turn the contrast down to 30. She's fine with it as its still brighter and more vivid than her laptop screen and I don't see any IR.
post #3081 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 06:05 PM

Excuse my skepticism, but I have been rocking the Plasma since Panasonic came out with their very first commercial unit and I have never once experienced burn-in, or image retention for that matter. Now I am the proud owner of the very best Plasma ever built (65ZT60) and all I read on this site are complaints about IR from people claiming to own this little beauty.

Sorry; just not buying it!cool.gif
kkirsche likes this.
post #3082 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 06:31 PM

Liked: 11
Just got my 65ZT a week or so ago. Ran it up just over 200 with the slides. The one thing that seems odd compared to my pioneer is the motion. It looks kinda like LEDs in spots with the soap opera effect and sometimes the motion looks jerky. I have set it to 96 hz and tried with motion smoother off and weak. In general it's hard to explain but the motion just doesn't look right and So far I find that it bothers me. Not sure why my pioneer would have delt with that better because reviews haven't mentioned a motion problem. Any of you guys experience the same?
Lost! likes this.
post #3083 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKing View Post

Excuse my skepticism, but I have been rocking the Plasma since Panasonic came out with their very first commercial unit and I have never once experienced burn-in, or image retention for that matter. Now I am the proud owner of the very best Plasma ever built (65ZT60) and all I read on this site are complaints about IR from people claiming to own this little beauty.

Sorry; just not buying it!cool.gif

Well this is good to hear, are you a gamer at all, have you ever played games with the HUD for a few hours at a time?
I'm just asking cause I've been scared to buy plasma due to being a gamer, I'm not as heavy of a gamer as I used to be, just play maybe a few hours a week.
So no burn in is good news to my plasma ears.
post #3084 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:

BTW, is there a way to access the Pixel Orbiter on the ZT60?
Anyone?
post #3085 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:

Anyone?
It's under screen settings. You can't access it in THX mode.

post #3086 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:

That is shocking! Had my ZT60 on ESPN for 4 hours straight today this afternoon! No IR issues! I do have quite a few hours on my ZT60 so that may help!
post #3087 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted buy chrisjmccord

Well this is good to hear, are you a gamer at all, have you ever played games with the HUD for a few hours at a time?
I'm just asking cause I've been scared to buy plasma due to being a gamer, I'm not as heavy of a gamer as I used to be, just play maybe a few hours a week.

So no burn in is good news to my plasma ears.

I used to be addicted to PS3 MLB; and would play it hours on end. My gaming now is restricted to COD, on my Alienware M17XR3 3D; because I prefer the PC experience to the over-the-top visuals on the large plasma, but I did recently go through the entire Uncharted series, over a single weekend, on my recently retired th-58pz700u, with no IR to speak of.

I've always been mindful of the potential for IR with Plasma and took appropriate precautions, but I've never had a bad experience - aside from craving the latest and greatest panel every three years.
post #3088 of 13010 Old 09-09-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post

That is shocking! Had my ZT60 on ESPN for 4 hours straight today this afternoon! No IR issues! I do have quite a few hours on my ZT60 so that may help!
I don't know what to say... You're lucky. Too bad that was not the case with me. Sucks, I'm back at square one. Bestbuy picks up the ZT on Wednesday.

post #3089 of 13010 Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigyboy View Post

a little behind the times keep up, that review has already been posted here:)

Some love to try to keep convincing themselves about this Panasonic with it's long list of foibles and growing bigger all the time.

With all that has come out of the woodwork this last few months...

Keep on trying i say wink.gif
post #3090 of 13010 Old 09-10-2013, 03:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post

Some love to try to keep convincing themselves about this Panasonic with it's long list of foibles and growing bigger all the time.

With all that has come out of the woodwork this last few months...

Keep on trying i say wink.gif
Id like to see this long list and how its grown recently. Seems like the same few issues since the start of this thread. All of them minor. IR is just the one that has been beaten into the ground lately. If you kept up with this thread you would realize that.
I say you have little experience here. Nothing unusual at all going on at this thread. People only post complaints and then all of a sudden everyone notices the same issue. The ones that dont notice it become concerned about it. Then its posted about feverishly for a while and eventually forgotten.
You will find the same thing in any Samsung, LG, Sony, etc thread.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page