Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 106 - AVS Forum
First ... 104  105  106 107  108  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official ZT60 Owners Thread
roadbike60035's Avatar roadbike60035 05:47 PM 09-12-2013
I'd agree with Repete - maybe. Hard to tell from the pic, but your room looks brighter behind the screen than in front of it (viewing area). My rooms pretty bright with windows on one side & glass patio doors 30 feet or so shining onto the screen. Frankly, I get reflection off the chrome trim but not the screen unless it's a really dark video image. The light filter works well.

That said, the Samsung is known to be brighter so if that's your primary driver go for the samsung. If you can somehow manage the sunlight I would highly recommend the ZT though. The pic quality is outstanding & it will play nice with BOTH IOS & Android. All our guests have commented about the picture on this set.

Good luck- tough choice ahead, but in the end it's all good.

jnzz001's Avatar jnzz001 06:12 PM 09-12-2013
I said already that Samsung is below any acceptable level of mine.
And my 10th generation 50" PF50UK (or PH whatever is full HD) has same visibility from any angle.

Now to the person who says 80 degree - JUST FYI - I am not referring to the horizontal angle as it's a OK... but vertical one.

It seems to be distracting when your picture changes before and after you seat in front of the screen. Never seen anything like this on my previous plasmas. Now these are CONSUMER TV's so I understand they are cheap and buggy - ANYBODY knows when I would be able to buy a professional business PLASMA based on the same panel?

I bet that these quirks will be non-existent and better polarity filter would be used to prevent the above banding issue...
rolleyes.gif
drewTT's Avatar drewTT 06:20 PM 09-12-2013
Screw it. I'm getting the ZT60.
chunon's Avatar chunon 06:21 PM 09-12-2013
Consumer panels are miles ahead of professional panels these days
jnzz001's Avatar jnzz001 07:00 PM 09-12-2013
Yes - they are in a sense that they do not put "unfinished" tech in them, and consumer TV's are "miles" ahead since they had appz, internet, netflix, tuner etc and all other CRAP which no high-end users need whatsoever...

If you have EVER seen a sony trimaster BVM monitor you would probably apologize for your post above. Tey even a decent PVM...
You will be surprised.
chunon's Avatar chunon 07:03 PM 09-12-2013
I am talking about Panasonic plasmas only and I don't have to apologize for anything

I think your a little out of touch with current plasma technology but I wish you the best
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 07:05 PM 09-12-2013
Even with the vertical viewing angle you're getting a good 60 degrees. You'd have to be sitting very low or really close in order for that to be a problem. Where do you have it, over a fireplace?

The light filter is what's limiting the angle by the way. It's an effective trade-off for most applications.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 07:12 PM 09-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnzz001 View Post

If you have EVER seen a sony trimaster BVM monitor you would probably apologize for your post above.
Are you referring to the $17,500 17" model or the $26,000 25" model?
Jason626's Avatar Jason626 10:56 PM 09-12-2013
Quote:

I said already that Samsung is below any acceptable level of mine.
And my 10th generation 50" PF50UK (or PH whatever is full HD) has same visibility from any angle.

Now to the person who says 80 degree - JUST FYI - I am not referring to the horizontal angle as it's a OK... but vertical one.

It seems to be distracting when your picture changes before and after you seat in front of the screen. Never seen anything like this on my previous plasmas. Now these are CONSUMER TV's so I understand they are cheap and buggy - ANYBODY knows when I would be able to buy a professional business PLASMA based on the same panel?

I bet that these quirks will be non-existent and better polarity filter would be used to prevent the above banding issue...
rolleyes.gif
Maybe think about trying st60. No fans and less aggressive AR filter.
jnzz001's Avatar jnzz001 11:16 PM 09-12-2013
will take a look or do some more research - thanks!

smile.gif
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 12:06 AM 09-13-2013
Quote:

As it's already been stated, this has everything to do with the aggressive anti-reflective filter they've applied to the panel this year and nothing with QC.
Phil1975m's Avatar Phil1975m 12:38 AM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost! View Post

[quote name="Phil1975m" url="/t/1474480/official-zt60-owners-thread/3120#post_23728667"]The Engineers wall mounted the TV for me ...[/quote]Just curious, was the TV wall mounted prior to the fan fix? In other words, who/how did they demount the TV?

Yes the TV was wall mounted.
The engineers demounted the TV then placed it on a bench face down eek.gif

Then applied the foam fix.
jnzz001's Avatar jnzz001 03:41 AM 09-13-2013
happens sporadically - you need to change the picture mode back and again...
chunon's Avatar chunon 04:44 AM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by keilalajlb View Post

Got new ZT 65" inch this week and have been watching when suddenly it auto-dimmed from a good level brightness to something dark/hard to see. Does the TV have an auto dimming feature? Has anyone else seen this?0LiUl

Yes Eco settings should be set to standard I believe, also make sure "CATS" is off
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 08:10 AM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1975m View Post

If I were a betting man I'd say the frame was bent in the process.
buzzcock's Avatar buzzcock 08:12 AM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Rosche View Post

Just got my 65ZT a week or so ago. Ran it up just over 200 with the slides. The one thing that seems odd compared to my pioneer is the motion. It looks kinda like LEDs in spots with the soap opera effect and sometimes the motion looks jerky. I have set it to 96 hz and tried with motion smoother off and weak. In general it's hard to explain but the motion just doesn't look right and So far I find that it bothers me. Not sure why my pioneer would have delt with that better because reviews haven't mentioned a motion problem. Any of you guys experience the same?

I'm experiencing the same problem as well. I suspect that it's a combination of the source material and my cabling...currently using 1.3 HDMI cables and I'm switching those out this weekend for high speed cables...could that be your issue?
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 08:21 AM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcock View Post

I'm experiencing the same problem as well. I suspect that it's a combination of the source material and my cabling...currently using 1.3 HDMI cables and I'm switching those out this weekend for high speed cables...could that be your issue?
Do you have "Motion Smoothing" engaged? HDMI 1.4 added Ethernet & Audio Return Channel so your 1.3 spec shouldn't have an impact in motion rendering.
buzzcock's Avatar buzzcock 08:49 AM 09-13-2013
^Yes, motion smoothing are set to weak by default (my choice), the first thing I did try was turning that completely off...it seemed to improve it somewhat, can't really be sure since it was still there...
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 08:56 AM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcock View Post

^Yes, motion smoothing are set to weak by default (my choice), the first thing I did try was turning that completely off...it seemed to improve it somewhat, can't really be sure since it was still there...
If motion looks artificially smoothed the primary suspect is going to be motion smoothing video processing. I can't duplicate what you're describing so that's all I can suggest. Good luck.
Lost!'s Avatar Lost! 09:21 AM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1975m View Post

These TVs are very sensitive. The only one I had with a broken/chipped glass, was the one that they rotated it roughly to attach the pedestal. I guess you have to be very careful. Also, I think I read somewhere that putting the TV face down is a big no-no.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 12:24 PM 09-13-2013
Quote:

These TVs are very sensitive. The only one I had with a broken/chipped glass, was the one that they rotated it roughly to attach the pedestal. I guess you have to be very careful. Also, I think I read somewhere that putting the TV face down is a big no-no.
Read it where? I did it when attaching the stand with no untoward effects. smile.gif The rule of thumb of course is to always handle with care.
Lost!'s Avatar Lost! 01:24 PM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Read it where? I did it when attaching the stand with no untoward effects. smile.gif The rule of thumb of course is to always handle with care.

I am pretty sure I read it on AVS. Something about Phosphors and screen uniformity problems. Not to mention the weight of components on the glass from behind.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 01:54 PM 09-13-2013
In the early days of plasma I remember hearing from a salesman that you should never lay them flat.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 02:01 PM 09-13-2013
Quote:

I am pretty sure I read it on AVS. Something about Phosphors and screen uniformity problems. Not to mention the weight of components on the glass from behind.
Uh oh, maybe that's why I have slight DSE tongue.gif (probably not in actuality, as it also appeared on all the Kuros I owned, which I don't believe I ever laid down on their glass surfaces).
Bardia's Avatar Bardia 09:22 PM 09-13-2013
I had a bluray film on repeat to play on the TV while I'm at work but now that I am home the TV is off. I didn't set the timer or nothing. Could it be that it shuts off after a few hours if it gets too hot??
rx74ray's Avatar rx74ray 09:32 PM 09-13-2013
Tv times out and shuts off on "no signal". Probably something went wrong with the player.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 09:50 PM 09-13-2013
Settings/Eco navigation/No activity for 4 hours-->
You have the option of staying on but the default is "Power TV off".
Bardia's Avatar Bardia 10:44 PM 09-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

That's what
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

That was it
The movie was still playing
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 07:56 AM 09-14-2013
Sometimes I get a notice that the TV will be powering off in X minutes even when it's playing content. 'm not really sure how it's determining "no activity".
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 09:41 AM 09-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Consumer panels are miles ahead of professional panels these days
You are correct. They used to be equal, not even close any more........
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 104  105  106 107  108  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop