Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 133 - AVS Forum
First ... 131  132  133 134  135  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official ZT60 Owners Thread
changboy's Avatar changboy 01:51 PM 11-14-2013
deleted

konoyaro's Avatar konoyaro 03:45 PM 11-14-2013
My ZT60 came today. Paul's offers "white glove" delivery which included unboxing and power on to verify functionality. Good thing since although the box looked OK the unit was DOA. When attempting to turn it on, the only thing that happened was a buzzing noise with no image whatsoever. Back it went. I have to say that it's a pretty big blow to my overall confidence in this product.

FWIW, the build date on the unit was October.

If there's a problem with the replacement unit I think I'll move on to something else.
mluder's Avatar mluder 04:28 PM 11-14-2013
I wouldn't necessarily blame Panasonic on this... It can happen to any manufacturer.

There seem to be an inordinate number of problem units coming from Paul's - cracked screens and the like.

I wonder what the deal is?

Cheers
Steve
SwiftSweeper's Avatar SwiftSweeper 05:05 PM 11-14-2013
What do you guys recommend to protect the tv from power hazards? Would $10-30 surge protectors from Belkin and such be sufficient? Should I go for UPS unit or something else instead?

There is some conflicting info about surge protectors, UPS online. I want to protect my investment, but after dropping close to 3K on this tv, I am a bit tapped out on funds, so something cheap would be great.

Thanks in advance
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 05:48 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSweeper View Post

What do you guys recommend to protect the tv from power hazards? Would $10-30 surge protectors from Belkin and such be sufficient? Should I go for UPS unit or something else instead?

There is some conflicting info about surge protectors, UPS online. I want to protect my investment, but after dropping close to 3K on this tv, I am a bit tapped out on funds, so something cheap would be great.

Thanks in advance
You don't need a UPS. And you don't need a "power cleaner" either, unless you live in an area with really unreliable power. Any good quality surge protector properly rated for what you have hooked up to it will do just fine.
changboy's Avatar changboy 06:05 PM 11-14-2013
deleted
SwiftSweeper's Avatar SwiftSweeper 06:08 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSweeper View Post

What do you guys recommend to protect the tv from power hazards? Would $10-30 surge protectors from Belkin and such be sufficient? Should I go for UPS unit or something else instead?

There is some conflicting info about surge protectors, UPS online. I want to protect my investment, but after dropping close to 3K on this tv, I am a bit tapped out on funds, so something cheap would be great.

Thanks in advance
You don't need a UPS. And you don't need a "power cleaner" either, unless you live in an area with really unreliable power. Any good quality surge protector properly rated for what you have hooked up to it will do just fine.

Great! I am off to Amazon to buy a surge protector. Thanks for the reply smile.gif
theteflondon's Avatar theteflondon 06:11 PM 11-14-2013
cant decide between the

55 inch samsung f8000 LED
55 inch vt60

60 zt60


very hesitant to pull the trigger on the zt because 3d issues and judder problems i had with a previously returned 60 inch st60
ken6217's Avatar ken6217 06:21 PM 11-14-2013
Go buy at Best Buy. No brainer. You can exchange or return until 1/15/2014. No risk with your decision.
Ken
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 06:26 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by konoyaro View Post

Back it went. I have to say that it's a pretty big blow to my overall confidence in this product.
If there's a problem with the replacement unit I think I'll move on to something else.
When your unit does not power on and buzzes like that, the unit is cracked. I bet you missed the crack in the screen, sometimes they can be hard to see. With this said shipping damage has nothing to do with Panasonic quality.
ken6217's Avatar ken6217 06:32 PM 11-14-2013
I mentioned this yesterday but I wanted to say it again. My ZT60 was built May 2013 and I have to stick my ear to the vent in the back to hear a fan.
Ken
konoyaro's Avatar konoyaro 06:45 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

When your unit does not power on and buzzes like that, the unit is cracked. I bet you missed the crack in the screen, sometimes they can be hard to see. With this said shipping damage has nothing to do with Panasonic quality.

I did examine the screen but could not detect a crack, though like you said it may have been minuscule or hard to observe.

The delivery guys mentioned they'd had a high fail rate with these (mentioning one guy who got two DOAs in a row) but it's possible they were being general and not model / brand specific.
theteflondon's Avatar theteflondon 06:55 PM 11-14-2013
does it say on the box the build date? how do you request post-may 2013?

whatever i settle on is going to be mailed as i live hours from the nearest electronics store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

I mentioned this yesterday but I wanted to say it again. My ZT60 was built May 2013 and I have to stick my ear to the vent in the back to hear a fan.
Ken

theteflondon's Avatar theteflondon 06:56 PM 11-14-2013
really just wish i could find a mint in box kuro from several years ago. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

I mentioned this yesterday but I wanted to say it again. My ZT60 was built May 2013 and I have to stick my ear to the vent in the back to hear a fan.
Ken

repete66211's Avatar repete66211 07:06 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by theteflondon View Post

really just wish i could find a mint in box kuro from several years ago. biggrin.gif
Why, you might have red-tinted blacks. And a lot of heat. And a huge, heavy TV. And not 3D or other apps. And an inferior anti-reflection screen. The perfect TV has not been built yet.
ken6217's Avatar ken6217 07:09 PM 11-14-2013
It says it on the back of the set. Not the box.

There's a mint Kuro Pro 151FD on Ebay for $3,300.00.
Ken
theteflondon's Avatar theteflondon 07:34 PM 11-14-2013
very interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

It says it on the back of the set. Not the box.

There's a mint Kuro Pro 151FD on Ebay for $3,300.00.
Ken

Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 08:40 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

You don't need a UPS. And you don't need a "power cleaner" either, unless you live in an area with really unreliable power. Any good quality surge protector properly rated for what you have hooked up to it will do just fine.
+1
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 09:23 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

I mentioned this yesterday but I wanted to say it again. My ZT60 was built May 2013 and I have to stick my ear to the vent in the back to hear a fan.
Ken
Congrats, you are one of the lucky ones.
hdtvbuckeye's Avatar hdtvbuckeye 09:23 PM 11-14-2013
October 2013 build date, ZT60 @65" delivered today with a $2899 price.

No scratches, no fan noise, no discernible IR. Skipped the break in.

Picture is simply incredible with CNET calibration settings.

Buy one if you can.

That is all.
changboy's Avatar changboy 09:31 PM 11-14-2013
deleted
fearfect's Avatar fearfect 09:45 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by konoyaro View Post

My ZT60 came today. Paul's offers "white glove" delivery which included unboxing and power on to verify functionality. Good thing since although the box looked OK the unit was DOA. When attempting to turn it on, the only thing that happened was a buzzing noise with no image whatsoever. Back it went. I have to say that it's a pretty big blow to my overall confidence in this product.

FWIW, the build date on the unit was October.

If there's a problem with the replacement unit I think I'll move on to something else.

 

 

My ZT60 came in last week from Paul's. The top part of the screen had what looked like internal cracks across the entire top angling towards the center of the screen. When turned on, it made that buzzing noise similar to a cell phone near speakers for about 10 seconds then died completely. I lost confidence as well... but I stuck with the replacement unit which came very quickly with no issues. PQ is amazing, but I'm going to baby this thing and not move it very much!

 

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that you can't adjust picture settings in the Netflix app. The controls are there but they do nothing... So I'm sticking with external content sources.

 

The fact that there are several reports of these high end ZTs arriving damaged from Pauls makes me wonder if there was some kind of accident causing a batch of these to get damaged.


4ML's Avatar 4ML 10:37 PM 11-14-2013
I've been interested in this TV since it's launch and finally decided to take the plunge. Got a great deal and did a price-match with Amazon for 2899 shipped. It should be here next Thursday. Super excited.

I've a ST30 and I've gone through D-Nice's process on that one. So the question is...are majority of owners still doing that or is there another set of calibrated settings for this model?

Super-excited biggrin.gif
4ML's Avatar 4ML 10:43 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by konoyaro View Post

My ZT60 came today. Paul's offers "white glove" delivery which included unboxing and power on to verify functionality. Good thing since although the box looked OK the unit was DOA. When attempting to turn it on, the only thing that happened was a buzzing noise with no image whatsoever. Back it went. I have to say that it's a pretty big blow to my overall confidence in this product.

FWIW, the build date on the unit was October.

If there's a problem with the replacement unit I think I'll move on to something else.

I went thru the price-match with Amazon for Paul's offer. To me...it's safer to go with Amazon than any other online retailer.
Ronald Epstein's Avatar Ronald Epstein 11:22 PM 11-14-2013
Quote:
I read all ur tread about ur problem of 3D not good and thats look really like ur glasses not synchro with the screen, try to hold long time the button of the glass to position on this will have to synchro the glass to the tv.


 

 

Thank you, but I assure you that is not the problem.

 

The glasses are synching.  An indicator on the display verifies and the picture darkens slightly.

 

When you remove the glasses you can see that the picture itself is either not blurred or only minimally blurred.

 

Again, random problem, but it is occurring.


theteflondon's Avatar theteflondon 01:53 AM 11-15-2013
were did you order yours from???
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvbuckeye View Post

October 2013 build date, ZT60 @65" delivered today with a $2899 price.

No scratches, no fan noise, no discernible IR. Skipped the break in.

Picture is simply incredible with CNET calibration settings.

Buy one if you can.

That is all.

theteflondon's Avatar theteflondon 01:58 AM 11-15-2013
paul's tv could have just reboxed konoyaro's set thinking it might have been a source issue and a new buyer might not notice.

this is quite common in the tv industry. rebox and sell again as new with no afterfore mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearfect View Post

My ZT60 came in last week from Paul's. The top part of the screen had what looked like internal cracks across the entire top angling towards the center of the screen. When turned on, it made that buzzing noise similar to a cell phone near speakers for about 10 seconds then died completely. I lost confidence as well... but I stuck with the replacement unit which came very quickly with no issues. PQ is amazing, but I'm going to baby this thing and not move it very much!

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that you can't adjust picture settings in the Netflix app. The controls are there but they do nothing... So I'm sticking with external content sources.

The fact that there are several reports of these high end ZTs arriving damaged from Pauls makes me wonder if there was some kind of accident causing a batch of these to get damaged.

whipit's Avatar whipit 03:06 AM 11-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by theteflondon View Post

really just wish i could find a mint in box kuro from several years ago. biggrin.gif

You may want to look in the AVS/Plasma classifieds.

http://www.avsforum.com/f/253/plasma-panels
agordon_25's Avatar agordon_25 06:14 AM 11-15-2013
I agree I got a similar deal from amazon as well out the door....It felt like the safer bet. Plus they have a great return policy.
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 07:37 AM 11-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by theteflondon View Post

paul's tv could have just reboxed konoyaro's set thinking it might have been a source issue and a new buyer might not notice.
this is quite common in the tv industry. rebox and sell again as new with no afterfore mentioned.
Maybe common at the shady web sights, but not at the finer online dealers......
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 131  132  133 134  135  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop