post #4051 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post

The cnet settings are too dark for my taste. Sammie's settings were much brighter. I finally settled on Dnice's settings.
Those are the 3 I've tried.
J

Exactly! Too dark If you look at a black sports jacket, it is difficult to pick up the details of it.

I'm going to try Sammies tonight. I do not think I can use Dnice's as I didn't do his breaking.

Basically all I want to do is get the TV looking pretty good until I get the ISF done in a few weeks.
Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 03:15 PM

Liked: 22

Has anyone noticed an A/V sync problem with 24p source material with Motion Smoother on (weak)?  I have been using the CNET settings and  I was all of a sudden noticing I was having problems when I found somewhere else that it was suggested that Motion Smoother might be the culprit.  I turned it off, and voila, no more sync problem.  Interestingly, when Motion Smoother was on, the 3:2:2:3 sync test on the Spears & Munsil disc seemed fine without adjustment, but the 24p sync test was off somewhere in the neighborhood of 120ms.  Not sure why it would appear to affect one but not the other ...

post #4053 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Actually, does anyone know what the default Motion Smoothing setting is for Cinema? It was on medium but when I did a reset, it went to weak. I'm wondering whit was on Medium.
post #4054 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 05:13 PM

Liked: 10
ken can you comment on the amount of judder on your zt60?

under motion smoother does weak or mid introduce the soap opera effect?

if you turn motion smoother off do you get judder?

what kind of a blu-ray source are you using?

thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

I put in the CNET settings and my wife and I both thought the picture looked very poor. I'll try Sammie's settings next.
Ken
post #4055 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theteflondon View Post

ken can you comment on the amount of judder on your zt60?

under motion smoother does weak or mid introduce the soap opera effect?

if you turn motion smoother off do you get judder?

what kind of a blu-ray source are you using?

thanks.

I don't really see any judder.

When I was watching in a different mode last night on satellite, it looked like I was watching a video camera. Not bad, just different. Then it hit me that this is what is meant by soap opera effect. I do get that effect under weak and mid. Goes away if you turn off smoother.

I don't want DVD on this set. Only Direct TV. For Blue-ray I have a dedicated home theater with a Runco 3 chip DLP, anamorphic lens, and 108" screen with motorized masking.
Ken
post #4056 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

With Panasonic exiting, perhaps Samsung to follow, and no affordable OLED in the near future I think some Kuro owners might be feeling compelled to update.

Oh..Please...

My KURO is not EVER going anywhere.. I'll add a discounted ZT60 when the fire sale hits... Then hold for OLED in 5-6 years.

You would have to pry the Kuro from my dead cold hands.
craigyboy and Stu03 like this.
post #4057 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 08:06 PM

I've read through your description of your issue and I am wondering if you aren't accidentally hitting the 2d/3d button on the glasses themselves? I don't own this tv but have used Panasonic plasmas with 3d glasses. They have a button that allows those who get sick viewing 3D to switch the glasses to watch it in 2d while others view it in 3D. Just something to check into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein View Post

Thank you, but I assure you that is not the problem.

The glasses are synching.  An indicator on the display verifies and the picture darkens slightly.

When you remove the glasses you can see that the picture itself is either not blurred or only minimally blurred.

Again, random problem, but it is occurring.
post #4058 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Greetings all,

I am excitedly awaiting delivery of a new ZT60 on Monday!

I have a question related to calibration of the TV (I have Calman 5 and a meter). I am curious, what is a good gamma target for this TV? For reference, this will be in a dark basement setting with very little ambient light. Along those same lines, can I connect to the ZT60 via wifi for autocal or is an ethernet port needed like on the last generation panasonic panels? Finally, for those that have done the autocal - do most of you just use the AVS 709 dvd?

Thanks and I look forward to staying on top of all the latest news with this panel and more importantly, enjoying its great picture smile.gif
post #4059 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingFat View Post

Oh..Please...

My KURO is not EVER going anywhere.. I'll add a discounted ZT60 when the fire sale hits... Then hold for OLED in 5-6 years.

You would have to pry the Kuro from my dead cold hands.
I said that in light of the number of Kuros for sale on this site. I've never seen so man and was just speculating as to why.

post #4060 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
You're just a diehard magnet, repete. You must have an "X" marked on your back.tongue.gif I did the abominable and dumped a Kuro (50") after getting a ZT. eek.gif
post #4061 of 13080 Old 11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
I've read through your description of your issue and I am wondering if you aren't accidentally hitting the 2d/3d button on the glasses themselves? I don't own this tv but have used Panasonic plasmas with 3d glasses. They have a button that allows those who get sick viewing 3D to switch the glasses to watch it in 2d while others view it in 3D. Just something to check into.

Hi Rick!

Is is the same button that allows you to switch from 3D to 2D on the glasses?

I am only using the one button along the top.

Also, I am waiting for 3D content to actually appear on the screen before I press

that button, and then see the on-screen icon that confirms sync.  The glasses 

also darken which tells me that the sync has been made.

As I mentioned earlier, it's not just 3D playing flat.  It plays in different intensities.

So, there is some 3D effect but not full.  It's totally random.  

Most of the time I get a perfect connection and beautiful 3D.  It's those random

moments that are driving me crazy.

I am due to speak with Panasonic tech next week.  Also have the store owner

willing to work with me as well if I need to replace the set.  At least I have some

time to keep testing 3D material to see if and how often the problem continues.

Other than that, I am really loving the picture quality of the ZT60. 

post #4062 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 06:35 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein View Post

Hi Rick!

Is is the same button that allows you to switch from 3D to 2D on the glasses?

I am only using the one button along the top.

Also, I am waiting for 3D content to actually appear on the screen before I press

that button, and then see the on-screen icon that confirms sync.  The glasses 

also darken which tells me that the sync has been made.

As I mentioned earlier, it's not just 3D playing flat.  It plays in different intensities.

So, there is some 3D effect but not full.  It's totally random.  

Most of the time I get a perfect connection and beautiful 3D.  It's those random

moments that are driving me crazy.

I am due to speak with Panasonic tech next week.  Also have the store owner

willing to work with me as well if I need to replace the set.  At least I have some

time to keep testing 3D material to see if and how often the problem continues.

Other than that, I am really loving the picture quality of the ZT60. 

It sounds like you're doing everything right.  There is only one button (although it works differently depending on whether you're using the included glasses or the TY-ER3D4MU rechargeable ones).  But if you're seeing 3D and then you're not, then it's not that.  How is the battery charge when you sync the glasses?  What is the distance from the TV to your glasses during viewing and does it vary during viewing?  According to the manual the max. is 10.5', although we've been exceeding this slightly with no problems.  Does it go out of 3D on both glasses at the same time?  When it does go out, have you tried replaying the transition part where it was/was not 3D to see if it repeats or is just straight 2D where it was 3D before?  How long does it stay "out"?  Does it ever go back "in"?

I believe earlier you also said that at these times the TV (w/o glasses) was either not blurred or minimally blurred.  In a normally-functioning system this would mean that the source material is not (very) 3D at this point (which I realize you already know) but that's why I was wondering whether it is reproducible or if it is totally random.

Bummer, man.  I hope you get this worked out.

post #4063 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 84

Terebi,

Appreciate the concern.

It sucks that I can't enjoy this set.  Every little bit of free time I have is devoted to changing something in the setup and then spending (sometimes) hours to replicate the problem again.

Battery still seems to be indicated as full.  I am guessing the icon on the screen does measure battery usage.  

Distance from TV to couch is 8 feet.

If there is a problem with 3D in one pair of glasses, it is the same with the second pair.  Note that the 3D never diminishes or goes out while viewing.  This is a startup problem only.  Put in a random disc (changes all the time) and the picture is either entirely 2D flat or the intensity of the 3D blur is less than it should be.  In other words, I can put that same disc in a second time and the 3D will be more intensified than it was previously.

I am still testing things on this end.  So far, it has been a good day with the handful of discs I have sampled.  Hope the trend continues.

post #4064 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

You're just a diehard magnet, repete. You must have an "X" marked on your back.tongue.gif I did the abominable and dumped a Kuro (50") after getting a ZT. eek.gif
I'm pro-Kuro all the way but, to be fair I am a bit of a ZT fanboy.

post #4065 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Quote:

With Panasonic exiting, perhaps Samsung to follow, and no affordable OLED in the near future I think some Kuro owners might be feeling compelled to update.
I feel for the first OLED's hitting they are close to old Kuro pricing. If memory serves me, when the Kuro was released in its final year the 60" Elite was $7999. list. On the street they where selling for $6500 -$7000. With this said the LG 55EA9800 lists at $8999. and streets for about $7000. Yes it is 5" smaller, but oh my, how much better a picture is. This LG is just breathtaking out of the box, Even better after Chad B touches it. I think the difference is, our economy is not in a good place at all.
post #4066 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

"As affordable as Elite" still doesn't quite meet my definition of affordable but it does go to show the OLED prices aren't unprecedented.

post #4067 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 AM

Liked: 42
Is anyone able to get a 3D BluRay to play using a PS3? I keep getting "Player cannot recognize a 3D display" error, while trying to play the "Man of Steel" 3D disc. I tried the different "3D sensing" modes, as well as starting the disc with the ZT in 2D and 3D mode. I'm also using a "High Speed HDMI cable", and the menu is in 3D, but no joy getting the movie to start.

Any suggestions?
post #4068 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 AM

Liked: 53
deleted
post #4069 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

First ps3 cannot output hd audio while also outputting 3d content, the ps3 will only allow for lossy audio to be output from 3d blu-rays even if the movie has hd audio on the disc.

Man of steel is one of the latest 3D and it can be possible you need a firmware update for ur ps3, just try to insert many times the bluray it can start.

The PS3 can output DTS-HD MA along with 3D material. It's only Dolby TrueHD that won't work with 3D.

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Denon AVR 1713, NHT Classic Twos, NHT Absolute Center, NHT SuperZeros, Oppo 103D
post #4070 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 AM

deleted
post #4071 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 AM

Liked: 42
Quote:

First ps3 cannot output hd audio while also outputting 3d content, the ps3 will only allow for lossy audio to be output from 3d blu-rays even if the movie has hd audio on the disc.

Man of steel is one of the latest 3D and it can be possible you need a firmware update for ur ps3, just try to insert many times the bluray it can start.

Good lookin' out...I'm not sure what changed but I ran the Display setup on the PS3 again, where you set the screen resolution, and size, and it worked.
post #4072 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 11:04 AM

deleted
tlwiz1 likes this.
post #4073 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 11:07 AM

deleted
post #4074 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I wanna tell you all this from my experience ; the ZT panel is really accurate out of the box (maybe the most accurate on the market), and after the panel have enough hours of use like 500 hours i not belive pay for calibration will give you a big difference before and after.

Me it was the first time i pay for a calibration and for me it was just a waste of money coz now after 2000 of use if i compare thx mode to my pro mode the difference its so small its hard to see it with the eyes if it have one.

My old plasma samsung i know now if i pay for calibration then yes the picture can be increase but the ZT i dont belive anything about that !

Say its a day and night after a calibration i dont belive it. A thx mode already need respect a lot of point of calibration and maybe more then isf calibration.

And i dont think its just my panel get a verry accurate setting from the company, i also think they are all like this, its just you need to be patient and after the brake in the panel will give you what it suppose to do.

So say its a day and night i not belive anything about that, there is no magic in that.
Or i was lucky recive a panel have better company setting from the others, i dont think, anyway thats what i think.
According to my calibration report the gamma and colorspace are near spot-on right out of the box but the gray scale and color temperature did benefit from calibration.

post #4075 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

After a number of A/B testing I can't say the difference between lossy and lossless audio soundtracks is that pronounced. Granted, the sample size is small and the audio setting isn't acoustically ideal, but I could barely tell them apart unblinded.

post #4076 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:

After a number of A/B testing I can't say the difference between lossy and lossless audio soundtracks is that pronounced. Granted, the sample size is small and the audio setting isn't acoustically ideal, but I could barely tell them apart unblinded.

Yes but depend about your sound system, so more you have a verry high quality audio system you will be able to see more difference from the soundtrack.
So someone have equipment of 100 000 dollard know when the soundtrack match and it gives a stunning sound almost verry scary sometimes from dinamic attack, this really make the difference while watching a movie.

I also have a crazy sound system around 80k when i was in my home, but now iam in apartment i cant use it here so i begin to sell it, iam now equipe with verry good headphone and its doing the job but nothing compare from my sound system before. Sound was so dynamic and attack so strong the girlfriend of my son starting to cry while we watching horror movie, hehehe was just incredible.
post #4077 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 01:04 PM

deleted
post #4078 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 584
Any zt owners that have switched from a calibrated vt50 to a calibrated zt60 care to weigh in and help me out on a quick decision I'm making?
post #4079 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 03:16 PM

the curved LG set would bother me.

i think if we all bought one we would be comparing how curved our set is relative to the norm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

I feel for the first OLED's hitting they are close to old Kuro pricing. If memory serves me, when the Kuro was released in its final year the 60" Elite was $7999. list. On the street they where selling for $6500 -$7000. With this said the LG 55EA9800 lists at $8999. and streets for about $7000. Yes it is 5" smaller, but oh my, how much better a picture is. This LG is just breathtaking out of the box, Even better after Chad B touches it. I think the difference is, our economy is not in a good place at all.
post #4080 of 13080 Old 11-17-2013, 03:56 PM

deleted
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page