Forum Jump: 

post #4321 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donloz View Post

I just purchased a 65ZT60 and will get delivery in about 2 weeks when I get home from work. I'm very excited for this display, as I have 3 LCD/LED sets. This is my first plasma. How many hours straight can you run the slides before you need to turn the set off? Would it be ok to leave the set running for 10 hours while at work? I will get the set calibrated after 300-400 hours by David Susilo. Is there anybody using a tablet (NFC), if so, which one. Any advice in advance would be greatly appreciated.
THX

Congrats on your new TV. I don't know how accurate this info is, but I saw elsewhere it was recommended not to run a plasma more than 17 hrs straight, but then again folks here have run them round the clock for several days. So, 10 hours should certainly be fine.
Donloz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 10:40 AM

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSweeper View Post

How did you get Paul's TV to replace the set?

I bought ZT from them on November 4th, and it was delivered on November 11th. My model is built in April, so I have minor fan noize. In addition, the set appears to have the bounding issue that was mentioned a few pages back. By the right side bezel, there is one inch wide vertical area on the screen that appears faintly darker on light grey/white backgrounds. Finally, after the talk in this thread about the dead pixels, I decided to check my ZT for dead pixels with D Nice slides, and there is a dead pixel on the bottom left of the screen. frown.gif After noticing the bounding issue a week ago, I was debating if I should return the set. After seeing the dead pixel, I decided to try to exchange the set.

How do I get August or later set to avoid noisy fans?
Do you guys have any tips as far as proceeding with the exchange?
Just called them and spoke to customer service, not a salesman. They just asked me to call panasonic and get a claim number, and send them various photos of my box, tv, and pixel issue. They are sending me a new one. In reality, if it wasnt for that secondary buzz or hum thats audible and distracting over the current buzz (the normal one that im familiar with and i know all plasmas have) i wouldnt even bother trying to exchange the set. I can see the pixel in certain screens if i look for it, and im sitting 11 feet back and its very hard to see, but the two issues is enough to leave me unhappy about a 2500 dollar purchase

Thanks for the explanation. I am still debating about exchanging the set. lol
post #4323 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terebi View Post

Congrats on your new TV. I don't know how accurate this info is, but I saw elsewhere it was recommended not to run a plasma more than 17 hrs straight, but then again folks here have run them round the clock for several days. So, 10 hours should certainly be fine.
I ran mine for 100 hrs straight with no problem.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #4324 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 AM

Liked: 14
Who did you buy it from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

Got mine about ten minutes ago. 60", June build. Looks good so far. Seems a bit noisier than my VT50 was but not a big deal. No. A06915
post #4325 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim leonhardt View Post

Who did you buy it from?

Best Buy/Magnolia

ht Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT
lr Panasonic 50ST60, Sony BDP-S5100
post #4326 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

Wowwwww ok. The seconadary buzz is not coming from the plasma. Its my rythmik f-15 HP subwoofer, the built in amp. It only makes this sound when the tv is on. Its connected to a different outlet. So some kind of ground loop hum? Im no electrician. The only other time it has hummed on me is when i have a dimmer switch on my lamp adjusted to anything but fully on. Grrrr might call pauls and just live with the single pixel, all other aspects of this tv are perfect compared to alot of the horror strories on here.

What can i do to fix this? Is there some kind of power conditioner or ups that solves this? Im running the sub into this
[

I guess you tried the sub with and without the conditioner. Have you tried a different LFE cable. Maybe the TV is giving off some RF that the LFE cable is picking up. Try unplugging the cable from the AVR then the SUB itself one side at a time. I'm currently borrowing an Audioquest sub 3 LFE cable that has extra shielding and a ground wire with bias system, pretty extreme cable(and price). Side note, I did have to turn down my gain with it over a cheap AV cable that I was using.
post #4327 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein View Post

Just completed the Sammy Settings.  The display looks pretty good.  Still darker than I would have hoped, however.

Now I am ready to move on to 3D calibration using the Sound and Vision settings found here.

I am a little confused exactly where to calibrate these settings.

Sammy's Settings are Professional1

Should the 3D Settings be Professional2?

I have to activate 3D content to be able to go in and adjust those 3D settings?  The 3D content must remain activated the entire time?

Just want to be certain I am doing everything correctly before I start playing Dr. Frankenstein with these settings.

Thanks, as always, to all of you for the help.

When you activate the 3D mode you will have a different complete set of modes to adjust. So save the 2D pro settings for something like a separate day and night mode or maybe different user settings.
post #4328 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donloz View Post

I just purchased a 65ZT60 and will get delivery in about 2 weeks when I get home from work. I'm very excited for this display, as I have 3 LCD/LED sets. This is my first plasma. How many hours straight can you run the slides before you need to turn the set off? THX
You can run it in perpetuity (for the full 300 hours) if you want. There's no inherent limitation.
post #4329 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 79
Quote:
When you activate the 3D mode you will have a different complete set of modes to adjust. So save the 2D pro settings for something like a separate day and night mode or maybe different user settings.

Just to confirm...

When you say "activate the 3D mode" ...

Is there a setting like enabling PRO mode?

Or do you just mean, inserting a 3D disc and playing content in 3D while making adjustments?

Or do you mean toggling the 2D/3D button at the top of the remote to 3D?

Thanks for the help

post #4330 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:21 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by agordon_25 View Post

What is your build date?

as stated in my earlier post, it's an October 2013 build date
post #4331 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:

Called pauls and said cancel my replacement. Tv is good enough besides the one pixel, that flickers and works under some screens, may resolve itself. Heres my setup, cant see any cords despite having a uverse box, a fully wired modem behind the tv, a wii u with sensor bar, a ps3, a ps4, and a xbox one with kinect. Just gotta figure out the subs amp hum.
Running slides. Having jeff meier do a calibration for the tv and avr in janurary.
Just don't cancel on the hope that it will self-resolve. Mine hasn't after several hundred hours. It's not really a problem...not visible from my seating distance of 10 feet.
post #4332 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Just to confirm...

When you say "activate the 3D mode" ...

Is there a setting like enabling PRO mode?

Or do you just mean, inserting a 3D disc and playing content in 3D while making adjustments?

Thanks for the help

Yes, by simply playing a 3D disc.
post #4333 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 12:06 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by REKing View Post

Sammie calibrated in Pro1

http://www.avsforum.com/products/panasonic-viera-tc-p65zt60-65-inch-plasma-hdtv/reviews/4322

You may want to use Sammie in Pro1 and throw D-Nice 3D Day in Pro-2:

http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939

*scroll down to ZT settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Is Sammies a bit brighter? I tried Dnice's 3D settings today and they looked great, but a bit dark

Sammie's settings are bright enough for me to use as my default; my experience with 3D is that you cannot duplicate max 2D brightness in 3D.

Cheers!

note: When 3D is detected the TV defaults to THX 3D at start, but will switch to whichever setting you designate thereafter.
Gov likes this.
post #4334 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 79

Okay, did some calibration on my own with Sammy's settings and Sound and Vision settings.

Sammy's settings significantly improved picture, though I am afraid the ZT60 is still a tad dark, even in a completely darkened room.

The Sound and Vision 3D settings, on the other hand, offered no improvement over THX 3D.  In fact, the S&V settings were much darker, which was kind of the problem in the first place.   When watching dark scenes in 3D there is a significant amount of loss in detail.

This is just a dark TV compared to my LG 3D plasma.  Either the problem is that I was watching content too bright on the LG (even in LG's THX modes), or this is really the way I am supposed to be viewing content on a plasma -- darker than what I perceive to be as normal.

3D intensity still seems to be an issue for some reason.  Scenes never quite look the same each time I view them.

post #4335 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:

Wowwwww ok. The seconadary buzz is not coming from the plasma. Its my rythmik f-15 HP subwoofer, the built in amp. It only makes this sound when the tv is on. Its connected to a different outlet. So some kind of ground loop hum? Im no electrician. The only other time it has hummed on me is when i have a dimmer switch on my lamp adjusted to anything but fully on. Grrrr might call pauls and just live with the single pixel, all other aspects of this tv are perfect compared to alot of the horror strories on here.
Heres a video i just took to show the problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPS9EGZXYiQ
What can i do to fix this? Is there some kind of power conditioner or ups that solves this? Im running the sub into this
Maybe reading what Bob Pariseau says about ground loops will help. Two sources of ground does play a part, but I'm ignorant about ground loops too. eek.gif
post #4336 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Just don't cancel on the hope that it will self-resolve. Mine hasn't after several hundred hours. It's not really a problem...not visible from my seating distance of 10 feet.
Im cacelling because it doesnt buzz loudly, it doesnt have bad or abnormal IR, no banding, no fan noise, and no dirty screen. Seems to work well with cnet settings too. The only thing is that one pixel. I can live with it. I really dont want to get a set that is worse, as it seems likely.
post #4337 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

I guess you tried the sub with and without the conditioner. Have you tried a different LFE cable. Maybe the TV is giving off some RF that the LFE cable is picking up. Try unplugging the cable from the AVR then the SUB itself one side at a time. I'm currently borrowing an Audioquest sub 3 LFE cable that has extra shielding and a ground wire with bias system, pretty extreme cable(and price). Side note, I did have to turn down my gain with it over a cheap AV cable that I was using.
The issue has been isolated to the power grid. Dont know if thiers much i can do, the only thing i can think of is some kind of power conditioner or ups, or possibly relocating the sub or its power source, but that would mess up my eq if i moved the sub, plus thier are very few spots for it.
post #4338 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The issue has been isolated to the power grid. Don't know if theirs much i can do, the only thing i can think of is some kind of power conditioner or ups, or possibly relocating the sub or its power source, but that would mess up my eq if i moved the sub, plus their are very few spots for it.

Do you have a long extension cord laying around that you can plug the sub into different outlets around the house? That may get your power to the other phase in the breaker box that was mentioned in Bob's post, thanks htwaits.

No guarantee a power conditioner will help but you never know. It may offer some form of isolation.
post #4339 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 02:44 PM

Liked: 13
For those of you who have had the ZT 60 calibrated, what was the contrast setting in Pro Mode and THX bright room? Just got this monitor a few days ago to replaced a damaged Kuro and it is dimmer than what I expected, even knowing this was an issue prior to purchasing it. Also, can the gray scale be adjusted in the service menu for the THX modes?

Still on the fence whether to keep it or give the Sammy a try. I got spoiled looking at a Kuro for five years that looked perfect and had no issues, but is now a toaster:(
post #4340 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 02:49 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:

The issue has been isolated to the power grid. Dont know if thiers much i can do, the only thing i can think of is some kind of power conditioner or ups, or possibly relocating the sub or its power source, but that would mess up my eq if i moved the sub, plus thier are very few spots for it.

I assume you have taken the preliminary steps in an attempt to track down. Bad power cords, check the outlets for correct polarity and eliminate any fluorescent lights or dimmers. If you don't have a dedicated circuit you might want to run one just for your AV system. I had what I thought was a ground loop that ended up being a bad ground inside my 5 channel EAD amp. Some more reading

http://www.blueguitar.org/new/articles/other/ground_loop.pdf
post #4341 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 03:02 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:

3D intensity still seems to be an issue for some reason.  Scenes never quite look the same each time I view them.

Sounds like you have it set to 4D by mistake. smile.gif
post #4342 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 03:41 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terebi View Post

Sounds like you have it set to 4D by mistake. smile.gif

Sounds like he has CATS on!
post #4343 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 04:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:

Like you said, plug the sub in somewhere else. You dont have to move it. Surely you have a long extension cord lying around to test.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #4344 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

Ok guys i give you the way to add all the light output you need when you watching 3D, if you like this give me thumbs up ok, deal smile.gif

MENU > PICTURE > PRO SETTING > AGC > CAN BE SET FROM 1 TO 15, JUST 1 WILL ADD A LOT OF LIGHT OUTPUT.

This can be use with any 3D setting, but all this light will show you more color so color at 50 must be put around 46.

ENJOY.

I tried this today using DNice's 3D Day settings. Changing the AGC to "1" was perfect to brighten up the 3D picture for daytime viewing!! THanks!!!

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #4345 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 05:02 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post

I had the same issue. With bright content I can hear the buzzing for about 11' away with low volume on my surround system. Others on the forum here have suggested that my power regulator/surge protector could be causing the issue but I haven't tried plugging the set directly into a wall socket yet. Give that a shot first.
I tried plugging the TV directly into the wall outlet. Nothing else is plugged into this outlet and the outlet is the only component within the circuit. I uploaded recordings of the buzz. I used the voice memo app on my iPhone 5s to record. No difference in buzz whether the TV is plugged into a UPS or directly to the wall outlet. mad.gif buzz.zip 164k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip buzz.zip (164.1 KB, 10 views)
post #4346 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 05:13 PM

Liked: 10
DNICE Settings

Do you have to use Pro Settings and CALMAN to use DNICE's settings? If not, can someone point me in the right direction to get them? Thanks.
post #4347 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 05:16 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newenglander View Post

For those of you who have had the ZT 60 calibrated, what was the contrast setting in Pro Mode and THX bright room? Just got this monitor a few days ago to replaced a damaged Kuro and it is dimmer than what I expected, even knowing this was an issue prior to purchasing it. Also, can the gray scale be adjusted in the service menu for the THX modes?

Still on the fence whether to keep it or give the Sammy a try. I got spoiled looking at a Kuro for five years that looked perfect and had no issues, but is now a toaster:(

Now you got me worried. I just ordered a ZT60. I was concerned about the brightness. I was going back and forth trying to decide if I should get the F8500 or the ZT. I hope I made the right decision!!
post #4348 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Coming from a VT50, and wow the blacks are deep on the ZT. I knew they'd be better but I didn't realize how noticeable it would be compared to my 2012 set. Loving this TV so far.

ht Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT
post #4349 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

Coming from a VT50, and wow the blacks are deep on the ZT. I knew they'd be better but I didn't realize how noticeable it would be compared to my 2012 set. Loving this TV so far.

Sweet that you can tell a difference, they must be truly amazing blacks than. Just curious, did you sell your VT50 or got it exchanged due to a faulty panel?.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #4350 of 12229 Old 11-23-2013, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Had my VT50 exchanged through my extended warranty for yellow blobs on the panel. Was gonna do a VT60 but decided to bite the bullet last minute and just get the ZT. The video processing definitely seems better on the '13s -- it's noticeably sharper, but the gapless glass could also be a factor in that.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page