Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 148 - AVS Forum
First ... 146  147  148 149  150  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official ZT60 Owners Thread
drewTT's Avatar drewTT 08:35 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post

What connection are you using to TV... single HDMI? any other connections from TV to AVR,BD etc? If a single hdmi connection try to disconnect that hdmi cable then turn tv on...hum still there?

You are onto something. Single HDMI to TV from receiver. Nothing going back out from the TV.

If I have the TV on and unplug single HDMI connection going to TV, the hum goes away.

vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 08:47 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

Usually in dead silence, you can hear just about anything. Hopefully this isnt what everyones been complaining about, if so thats crazy.
We not crazy. I can hear them on low volume content...occasionally distracting, but I've learned to live with it.
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 08:51 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

I live in a apt, also dont want to get that down and dirty, 30 feet of 12 gauge will do fine. Anyone know if any of the viewing modes has less input lag then others? Im aware turn on game mode and turn off any extra processing features. Curious is all, im sensitive to input lag.

You could try a Hum X.
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 08:54 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

You are onto something. Single HDMI to TV from receiver. Nothing going back out from the TV.

If I have the TV on and unplug single HDMI connection going to TV, the hum goes away.

try using another hdmi cable.current hdmi cable may be bad.
drewTT's Avatar drewTT 09:10 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

try using another hdmi cable.current hdmi cable may be bad.

No dice. Swapped cables and still humming. The only time it stops humming is if the HDMI cable from AVR to TV is disconnected. The ground switch on the back of the JL doesn't do anything in either position.
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 09:17 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

No dice. Swapped cables and still humming. The only time it stops humming is if the HDMI cable from AVR to TV is disconnected. The ground switch on the back of the JL doesn't do anything in either position.

diagnosis can be a bitch. did you try another hdmi port on the tv?
drewTT's Avatar drewTT 09:22 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

diagnosis can be a bitch. did you try another hdmi port on the tv?

Yes. I plugged the HDMI cable into HDMI 2 on the TV. Hum went away but as soon as I switched TV over to HDMI 2, hum is back. LoL...this is getting comical.
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 09:23 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

could try this in post 13
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1349193/hum-over-hdmi-cable-from-tv-to-reciever
Edllguy's Avatar Edllguy 09:26 PM 11-24-2013
Don't want to double post but this is my biggest concern? The 65 inchZT box is huge!

-I live in a condo on the 17th floor and the delivery guys will have to use the moving elevator to bring up my ZT. The 65 inch ZT box in inches is the following: 75.8 wide, 40.5 high, 14.1 depth. The moving elevator in inches is the following: 82 wide, 100 high, 52 depth and the door to get into the elevator is 42 wide and about 80 or so high. Does anyone here see any issues or problems with this large size box/carton safely getting into the elevator? Let me know since I'm trying to project how much time this will all take. Also the elevator will be taken out of normal service to accomodate my delivery. I'm just trying to estimate all of the things that could cause problems for me and trying to mitigate those possible problems.

Thanks
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 09:29 PM 11-24-2013
I cant imagine any problem with the elevator. What are you thinking might cause a problem?
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 09:47 PM 11-24-2013
corner to corner dimension inside elevator would be 97 inches. Given door dimension, by my calculation that would leave 88 inches from back corner of the elevator to edge of door opening diagonally. lots of room to squeeze box diagonally through elevator door opening
Edllguy's Avatar Edllguy 09:50 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I cant imagine any problem with the elevator. What are you thinking might cause a problem?

Will it fit? Is my biggest concern and if not they will have to take it out of the box which I'm worried about things going wrong.
Edllguy's Avatar Edllguy 09:54 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

corner to corner dimension inside elevator would be 97 inches. Given door dimension, by my calculation that would leave 88 inches from back corner of the elevator to edge of door opening diagonally. lots of room to squeeze box diagonally through elevator door opening

Awesome, thanks for responding. This alleviates one of my biggest concerns. Thanks for helping with the math calculations.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 09:58 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

Will it fit? Is my biggest concern and if not they will have to take it out of the box which I'm worried about things going wrong.
According to your own dimensions it will easily fit.
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 10:02 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

Awesome, thanks for responding. This alleviates one of my biggest concerns. Thanks for helping with the math calculations.

NP you are welcome. No worries it will fit...enjoy your TV. Mine comes on Tuesday. diagonal= (h2+w2)1/2
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 10:05 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

It doesnt even have to be that hard. He quoted the dimensions in a confusing way. What it amounts to is the door is 42" wide and the box is 40.5" wide. If its on a dolly you can just push it right into the elevator.
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 10:06 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

I am in Ontario as well, where did you get your ZT from?
Edllguy's Avatar Edllguy 10:19 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

I am in Ontario as well, where did you get your ZT from?

Golden Electronics in Richmond Hill Ontario.
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 10:37 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

It doesnt even have to be that hard. He quoted the dimensions in a confusing way. What it amounts to is the door is 42" wide and the box is 40.5" wide. If its on a dolly you can just push it right into the elevator.

Ya...42.5" if you flip it end to end. I don't think he wants them to flip the box on its end so the TV is on its side. The package says not to lay flat or end to end
denaliman's Avatar denaliman 10:40 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

Never heard of them. Just checked the website. Cheapest I have seen advertised in the area.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 10:48 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

Ya...42.5" if you flip it end to end. I don't think he wants them to flip the box on its end so the TV is on its side. The package says not to lay flat or end to end
It shouldnt be transported on its end. It wont hurt it one bit just to get it in and out of the elevator.
Terebi's Avatar Terebi 07:00 AM 11-25-2013
Quote:

-I'm going to assume that the stand for the ZT must be assembled? How long will this take since I'm the one who will assemble it? The delivery guys will only unbox and inspect for visible outer panel damage and then leave. I have a friend who will help me put panel on assembled stand but later in the day.

-and lastly any other feedback would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks guys

Stand takes about 5 min. to assemble. Manual is on Panasonic site if you want to read up on assembly prior to delivery. Congrats!
TheAnswer_03's Avatar TheAnswer_03 07:25 AM 11-25-2013
Quote:

How much for delivery? Do they deliver province wide? I checked their site and could not find any delivery information or "Add to cart" button to buy online. I'm near the Ottawa area.
cappy1's Avatar cappy1 07:26 AM 11-25-2013
Quote:

Yes. I plugged the HDMI cable into HDMI 2 on the TV. Hum went away but as soon as I switched TV over to HDMI 2, hum is back. LoL...this is getting comical.

If I understand it correctly:

A. You even get the hum in the sub when the TV is on and the audio cable to sub is disconnected.

B. Removing the ground using the switch on back of sub makes no difference.

B. The hum is a rolling type that repeats every 20 seconds

C. You have a single HDMI cable from TV to receiver. With TV on and HDMI unplugged the hum goes away.

D. When you moved the HDMI cable to the HDMI2 input there was no him initially, but when you selected HDMI2 with receiver the hum came back.

Four questions:

1. You state that you get hum with audio cable to sub disconnected. You also state that it hums with the ground switch lifted on the back of sub. Did you try both at same time or just one at a time? If you did both together such that it hums with ground switch lifted and audio cable unplugged I am stumped and think you need to call in Ghostbusters.

2. Is there anything else connected to the receiver besides the speaker cables and the single HDMI input?

3. Is the receiver mounted in a metal rack panel or touching any other equipment (metal to metal)?

4. Is anything else connected to the TV besides the receiver?
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 07:31 AM 11-25-2013
Quote:

You can always take it out of the box and it will fit for sure........
Donloz's Avatar Donloz 09:01 AM 11-25-2013
Quote:

He paid too much. I know 2 stores cheaper. 1 in Scar, 1 in Downsview.
Edllguy's Avatar Edllguy 09:19 AM 11-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer_03 View Post

How much for delivery? Do they deliver province wide? I checked their site and could not find any delivery information or "Add to cart" button to buy online. I'm near the Ottawa area.

You would have to call them directly but I don't think they deliver Province wide, only Greater Toronto area.
Edllguy's Avatar Edllguy 11:56 AM 11-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donloz View Post

He paid too much. I know 2 stores cheaper. 1 in Scar, 1 in Downsview.

Cash is king at checkout wink.gifbiggrin.gif
revo1059's Avatar revo1059 01:14 PM 11-25-2013
Any recommendations for a wall mount for a 65ZT60? Just need tilt, not size to side. Prices are all over the place, but I really don't need a $500 mount.

Any special considerations for the wall? This thing is HEAVY!
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 01:33 PM 11-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by revo1059 View Post

Any recommendations for a wall mount for a 65ZT60? Just need tilt, not size to side. Prices are all over the place, but I really don't need a $500 mount.

Any special considerations for the wall? This thing is HEAVY!
I recently mounted my old 50" Samsung plasma using a Cheetah Mounts from Amazon. It was my first mount job and wasn't a problem at all. Although I mounted a 50" Samsung it does explicitly state that it will work with 65" Panasonic plasmas. It's the #1 seller and highly rated. It tilts up to 15 degrees. At $25 the price is right and it comes with a nice looking HDMI cable and a handy level.
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 146  147  148 149  150  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop