deleted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
There's no way i would have turned on the TV if it was sitting overnight in freezing conditions; could they not have let you have it sit in the box in your house and come back the next day to test it? I'd actually consider the delivery guys (if they insisted on powering it), or yourself responsible for the set being damaged.
post #4593 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjork View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

If you want more than the Wow disk offers then go to spearsandmunsil.com. I have an audio calibration disk from aixrecords.com. It's title is AIX Records: Audio Calibration Disc, HD Music Sampler.

Bingo. I also use Spears & Munsil for video, and the AIX disc for audio!

I ordered Disney WOW yesterday. I am still debating if I should get Spears & Munsil and AIX Records: Audio Calibration Disc also. I do not have calibration equipment, and the TV performance evaluation patterns that Spears & Munsil offers are not very important to me. I just want the best disc to tune up my ZT.

Would Spears & Munsil Second Edition offer additional value over Disney WOW in these circumstances?

My understanding is that both Spears & Munsil Second Edition and Disney WOW offer audio calibration tools. My system can only do 5.1 Dolby Digital and 5.1 DTS via optical connection. I do not care about the HD audio music that AIX Records: Audio Calibration disc offers. As with my ZT, I just want the best disc to tune up my audio system.

Would AIX Records: Audio Calibration Disc offer additional value beyond Disney WOW?

If I decide to buy Spears & Munsil Second Edition to add to my Disney WOW, is AIX Records: Audio Calibration disk still worth it?
post #4594 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Taking delivery of my ZT60 tomorrow morning (Saturday). Thanks to everyone who has responded to my posts in the past 3-4 weeks.

What I wanted to know if everyone here would agree if I should wait till Sunday morning to run D-Nice's break in slides. Reason being I want to make sure everything has adjusted to room temperature before flipping the switch. Us ZT owners do not know how our panels are being treated the previous 24 hours before taking delivery. Could have been left out in the cold or in some unheated lobby with cold air blowing against it. We just do not know.

I'm just trying be extra careful because I do not want any problems especially the dreaded stuck/dead pixels.

Think I'm being extreme?

Thanks
post #4595 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

Taking delivery of my ZT60 tomorrow morning (Saturday). Thanks to everyone who has responded to my posts in the past 3-4 weeks.

What I wanted to know if everyone here would agree if I should wait till Sunday morning to run D-Nice's break in slides. Reason being I want to make sure everything has adjusted to room temperature before flipping the switch. Us ZT owners do not know how our panels are being treated the previous 24 hours before taking delivery. Could have been left out in the cold or in some unheated lobby with cold air blowing against it. We just do not know.

I'm just trying be extra careful because I do not wanted any problems especially the dreaded stuck/dead pixels.

Think I'm being extreme?

Thanks

YES. Congrats by the way, you must feel like a kid when your favorite show was on Saturday morning cartoons.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #4596 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 05:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post

Interestingly, I shot both the 65' Zt and 60" F8500 with my laser temperature gun. Front of panel top left Panny is 112F, bottom left 98F, center middle of panel 112F. top mid 102F, Top right 108F bottom right 98.5F- Ambient room temp 69.5F
F8500 top left 90F, bottom left 87F, center middle 87F, top mid 102F, Front right 94F bottom right 90.5F- ambient room temp 70F.

Panny is considerably hotter. Both on for 6 hours same content
Maybe, just like cars, every unit runs at its prime temperature for a reason.......... maybe.......

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

/

/
post #4597 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 06:00 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Maybe, just like cars, every unit runs at its prime temperature for a reason.......... maybe.......

I was just bored and thought what the heck:)
post #4598 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 89
Why does the zt60 display a computer screen and its text so terribly? Ive used several plasmas as a monitor before, they all looked just fine. Why is the zt different? Is there a setting i need to change? I have it set to 1080p obviously. The only thing ive changed is the tv from a u50 to a zt60. Everything else is the same. Full screen games look fine. Dont get it.
post #4599 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 06:51 PM

Liked: 53
deleted
post #4600 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

I'm just trying be extra careful because I do not want any problems especially the dreaded stuck/dead pixels.

Think I'm being extreme?

Thanks

I think that waiting 24 hours is not nessisary. Most electronic manuals that I read recommend waiting 1 hour before turning on a device if the device was in cold conditions. I would just use common sense. If it is too cold outside, I would wait an hour or may be even 2-3 hours before turning on the ZT. Also, I do not think that waiting will help to prevent stuck or dead pixels. You wait to prevent the ZT from frying itself due to excess moisture built up in the TV.
Edllguy likes this.
post #4601 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 08:13 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

Why does the zt60 display a computer screen and its text so terribly? Ive used several plasmas as a monitor before, they all looked just fine. Why is the zt different? Is there a setting i need to change? I have it set to 1080p obviously. The only thing ive changed is the tv from a u50 to a zt60. Everything else is the same. Full screen games look fine. Dont get it.

True that - you must turn off all sharpening and processing but it's still not half as good as any plasma monitor, even 5 year old...
post #4602 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 10:48 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_A/V View Post

Took delivery of my 65ZT60 today. I purchased it from Cleveland Plasma. It's a June 2013 build, #A05155. Physically the unit is in good shape with only a very minor scratch on the center of the top metal molding and a couple of very minor dings on the back panel both of which can only be seen when extremely close (no strucutral damage). Of course no one is going to be looking at the back of the TV except me rolleyes.gif. Looking through the vent holes on the back there appears to be foam between the fans and the back panel. Since this is a June build and according to various reports the fan fix didn't begin at the factory until August I am going to assume my unit doesn't have the fan noise fix. If I recall correctly from my reading of various threads on this issue, the fix places foam between the fan and the inside panel that separates the PDP from the mechanicals and electricals. Hopefully this unit does not have the fan noise issue.

I am letting it come to room temperature before powering it up. I will post an update once it's powered up.

So as stated above I took delivery of my 65ZT60 around 1 PM today. I powered the unit up around 11 PM giving it ample time to come to room temperature. The unit powered up with no problems. I am running D-Nice's slides and am seeing no stuck/dead pixels. I do see some banding. Two horizontal bands 6 inches apart centered about the center of the TV. They are most pronounced starting at the right side then fade to nothing about 1/3 in from the right. There is a faint band running vertical about 2 inches from the right side. They are most noticeable on the bright slides (red, green, blue, white, "bright" gray). The fans have a typical fan sound, like a buzz but not the Plasma buzz. I notice the plasma buzz on the white and "bright" gray slides but not on any of the others. I am still waiting on a quote from my dealer on a stand/cabinet for this TV so at the moment the TV is on the floor with the screen facing the wall so that little fingers aren't tempted to touch it. Therefore, I can readily hear the fans standing next to the TV but they aren't overbearing like the fans in my Xbox 360. It will be interesting to hear them once the TV is up on the cabinet and the fans are facing the wall. More analysis to come once the TV has gone through the slides process.

Regards,

Paul
post #4603 of 12817 Old 11-29-2013, 11:43 PM

deleted
post #4604 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

I recommand you to check the number of hour on this unit first.

Good suggestion! I once had a ES8000 delivered by BB with over 50hrs on it! It was used while I paid for a brand new TV.

It would be helpful if ppl posted pictures of their problems. My set didn't even have that band on the right side that seems to be prominent. Are you sure it's not IR? I keep noticing IR when I first turn the set on and confuse myself that it's some sort of DSE. I probably checked the TV for DSE a hundred times by now but it always fades after a few minutes.
post #4605 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:

For those who dont know if ur panel is calibrate on the pro-mode you can copy it to custom mode, the custom mode have more light output.

How does it compare to the 3D "Pro Mode" setting using the AGC = 1 setting that you recommended which I again thank you for! I would like to get just a bit more light output for 3D during daylight viewing.

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #4606 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 10:30 AM

deleted.
Gov likes this.
post #4607 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 11:47 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSweeper View Post

I ordered Disney WOW yesterday. I am still debating if I should get Spears & Munsil and AIX Records: Audio Calibration Disc also. I do not have calibration equipment, and the TV performance evaluation patterns that Spears & Munsil offers are not very important to me. I just want the best disc to tune up my ZT.

Would Spears & Munsil Second Edition offer additional value over Disney WOW in these circumstances?

My understanding is that both Spears & Munsil Second Edition and Disney WOW offer audio calibration tools. My system can only do 5.1 Dolby Digital and 5.1 DTS via optical connection. I do not care about the HD audio music that AIX Records: Audio Calibration disc offers. As with my ZT, I just want the best disc to tune up my audio system.

Would AIX Records: Audio Calibration Disc offer additional value beyond Disney WOW?

If I decide to buy Spears & Munsil Second Edition to add to my Disney WOW, is AIX Records: Audio Calibration disk still worth it?

Never used the Disney disc, sorry. It all depends how in-depth that you want to get with a "tune up." Spears & Munsil and the AIX disc have more tools, but many of those are ones that you may not use. It sounds like the WOW disc will probably meet your needs, though again I have no experience with it.
post #4608 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:

Quote:

Never used the Disney disc, sorry. It all depends how in-depth that you want to get with a "tune up." Spears & Munsil and the AIX disc have more tools, but many of those are ones that you may not use. It sounds like the WOW disc will probably meet your needs, though again I have no experience with it.
Same here. redface.gif

Calibration Resources:

post #4609 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 01:24 PM

Having a slight issue with my new 65ZT60...I am setting it up to run D-Nice slides but cant seem turn off Pixel Orbiter. No matter what picture preset I pick this setting is greyed out and set to ON. Anyone know how to work around this? Is Pixel Orbiter really bad to have on for break in?
post #4610 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbustanut View Post

Having a slight issue with my new 65ZT60...I am setting it up to run D-Nice slides but cant seem turn off Pixel Orbiter. No matter what picture preset I pick this setting is greyed out and set to ON. Anyone know how to work around this? Is Pixel Orbiter really bad to have on for break in?
Make sure Overscan is off.

post #4611 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 01:34 PM

deleted
post #4612 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 01:50 PM

this sucks. especially for a new set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_A/V View Post

So as stated above I took delivery of my 65ZT60 around 1 PM today. I powered the unit up around 11 PM giving it ample time to come to room temperature. The unit powered up with no problems. I am running D-Nice's slides and am seeing no stuck/dead pixels. I do see some banding. Two horizontal bands 6 inches apart centered about the center of the TV. They are most pronounced starting at the right side then fade to nothing about 1/3 in from the right. There is a faint band running vertical about 2 inches from the right side. They are most noticeable on the bright slides (red, green, blue, white, "bright" gray). The fans have a typical fan sound, like a buzz but not the Plasma buzz. I notice the plasma buzz on the white and "bright" gray slides but not on any of the others. I am still waiting on a quote from my dealer on a stand/cabinet for this TV so at the moment the TV is on the floor with the screen facing the wall so that little fingers aren't tempted to touch it. Therefore, I can readily hear the fans standing next to the TV but they aren't overbearing like the fans in my Xbox 360. It will be interesting to hear them once the TV is up on the cabinet and the fans are facing the wall. More analysis to come once the TV has gone through the slides process.
post #4613 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:

You can also try this :

Picture mode(3D); VIVID
Contrast ; 100
Brightness ; 5
Color ; 43
Tint ; 0
Sharpness ; 50
Color Temp. ; 0
Vivid Color ; OFF
Color Remaster ; OFF

3D refresh rate 96HZ
Motion Smoother ; WEAK

This work all the time in any condition and really easy to do, and yes i have 1 setting on the pro mode give me lil more light then this and a perfect black and shadow details and accurate color but i dont want post here coz anyway all panel is different from 5 to 20 %.

Why 96Hz for refresh rate? Not 120hz?

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #4614 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 02:02 PM

Ok I got it figured out I think. When I am in the picture mode for the USB I can actually turn Pixel Orbiter to AUTO. If I exit and go back to HDMI 1 its how I described before, with Pixel Orbiter option greyed out and turned on in every mode.
post #4615 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 02:28 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Why 96Hz for refresh rate? Not 120hz?

I believe 120 hz gives you more ghosting. Try it with a scene with very bright & dark elements next to each other and see (pause it to make comparison easier).
post #4616 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 02:32 PM

deleted
Gov likes this.
post #4617 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Same here. redface.gif

It looks like I am the first to venture into magical World of Wonder. biggrin.gif I pounder that awaits me within...
post #4618 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 89
Quote:

It looks like I am the first to venture into magical World of Wonder. biggrin.gif I pounder that awaits me within...
Actually i just got my wow and munsil a week ago. If you have a nice sound system make sure you check out that 7.1 uncompressed sound test on wow. Its the most amazing thing ive heard. Some indian music i think. Sounds better then if the real instruments were right next to you. I like the track as soon as the credits roll on the hobbit also.....but i feel as if im derailing from the zt. So, the picture is also good.
post #4619 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 05:46 PM

Liked: 11
I have run the D'nice slides for 100 hours.

I see a set of files to be downloaded and used with ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2.0.8

I do not see ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2.0.8 ANYWHERE - only several posts requesting email links to the program.

1. Is there no readily accessible download for this program?

2. Is it available for Mac?

3. Does it connect to the vt60 over wifi?

I don't enjoy sounding like an idiot, but this all seems strangely obsfucated. I mean, on the controlcal forum there is a link to controlcal 1.5, but none that I can find for 2.0.8 as required by d'nice. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
Wanting to Watch this big TV!
post #4620 of 12817 Old 11-30-2013, 06:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

$600. I'm in no rush, as I already have the 103, and I would rather not add another device (I prefer to keep it as simple as possible).
I feel the Oppo is a nice product but if the audio connections are not need, why not save the cash. A Blu Ray is a Blu Ray at the end of the day, and I think a $100 player is just as good when playing Blu Ray.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page